Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    MENTORMENTORMENTOR

you rock, don't stop

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Artrage totally different from PS huh? but you're skillful enough to transfer yourself over there. Rock on \m/

-Frank

Portfolio

SSG:
    -+--+--+--+-

Thanks
    congadingsda Thanks alot, yeh will do=).
    Cacodaemonia Heh thanks, yeh tho the last one took many hours just hard to actually render stuff in artrage
    rossipoo Thanks! will do, will do=)
    Alm0st Thanks, yeh indeed it is, I will most likely always be using photoshop for most of my stuff, but its always fun to have other programs to play around with and you can use them as finishing tools to give paint strokes and stuff.
    darknight Thanks alot, yeh indeed=).

Here is an environment, took quite a while to finish, tried to give it some sort of haunted feeling over it

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Looks grear. Contrast is good too. Those cold colors are sweet.

Thanks
    Very pretty scene. I think the shapes and composition work nicely together.There's a very regular level of detail everywhere, though (I have the same problem all the time!), which makes the painting feel a little boring or unfocused. As for the haunting feel, I think you're getting there, but maybe a little more purple would help with that?

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Diverse Thanks alot im glad u like it!
    Cacodaemonia Thanks! yeh the details are pretty even, I think its hard to leave out areas, it just tend to look unfinished.
    Giving the picture even more details and stuff in the focal point(s) wont really solve it ether, Its just something I gotta practice I guess.
    Heh yeh purple would probably make it look cool, tho im tired of the picture at the moment, maybe I tweak it one day.

Here is two paintings done in artrage nothing too fancy, just playing around with the tools and having fun, tho I think I should try to make stuff abit clearer, its abit too painterly, but its quite hard to do it for some reason.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UnidColor View Post
    Giving the picture even more details and stuff in the focal point(s) wont really solve it ether, Its just something I gotta practice I guess.
    Same here.

I think the second image is plenty clear. The first one is very painterly, but I can still basically tell what everything is. I guess it depends on if you want to 'finish' the piece. Do you have the full version of Art Rage? I only have the free version, which doesn't have a lot of the tools.

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Cacodaemonia Yeh I bought the full version of artrage because it is so cheap, hoping for version 3.0 to come out, but who knows when. But yeh I do find it really hard to actually sit down and do details in the program, it might just be me.

Since I see so many people doing life study digitally these days, I thought I might do it too!, I feel like I could need some pratice painting and seeing accurate values and colors, and im definitly gonna stick with this exersice.

Plus some artrage junk crap, to be fair I dont like most of my stuff I do in artrage, but its just so fun smearing paint around!. oh yeh I touched it up abit in photoshop with some glow and light.

Last edited by UnidColor; May 25th, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks
    Hehe, cute iguana, though I think it could use more detail. The pig looks awesome! I need to do more digital studies, too. Maybe I can find time this week...

This last Art Rage one is fun. How long did it take you? I'd be curious to see some WIPs of your Art Rage stuff. I've never worked with real oil paints, so I think seeing your process in AR would be very informative. If you have the time and inclination, anyway.

Keep 'em coming!

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

-Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    No man, that last one is great. I don't know why you don't like it cause othres do. But yes, keep going

Thanks
    I love you, your SB is sooooo awesome

Thanks
    NICE studies, what is more nice is that last piece. It's great to be able to use multiple programs just do a piece of art, and you sir have done a great job with it. Keep up the exploration, and thank you for bringing us along.

-Frank

Portfolio

SSG:
    -+--+--+--+-

Thanks

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.