Sketchbook: UnidColors Environments 5th March - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: UnidColors Environments 5th March

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, huge improvement in the last Artrage sketch! I've only used the program once - it is challenging.

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MENTORMENTORMENTOR

you rock, don't stop

Knarf is offline Coloring Book Deprived Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artrage totally different from PS huh? but you're skillful enough to transfer yourself over there. Rock on \m/

-Frank

Portfolio

SSG:
    -+--+--+--+-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    congadingsda Thanks alot, yeh will do=).
    Cacodaemonia Heh thanks, yeh tho the last one took many hours just hard to actually render stuff in artrage
    rossipoo Thanks! will do, will do=)
    Alm0st Thanks, yeh indeed it is, I will most likely always be using photoshop for most of my stuff, but its always fun to have other programs to play around with and you can use them as finishing tools to give paint strokes and stuff.
    darknight Thanks alot, yeh indeed=).

Here is an environment, took quite a while to finish, tried to give it some sort of haunted feeling over it

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks grear. Contrast is good too. Those cold colors are sweet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very pretty scene. I think the shapes and composition work nicely together.There's a very regular level of detail everywhere, though (I have the same problem all the time!), which makes the painting feel a little boring or unfocused. As for the haunting feel, I think you're getting there, but maybe a little more purple would help with that?

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Diverse Thanks alot im glad u like it!
    Cacodaemonia Thanks! yeh the details are pretty even, I think its hard to leave out areas, it just tend to look unfinished.
    Giving the picture even more details and stuff in the focal point(s) wont really solve it ether, Its just something I gotta practice I guess.
    Heh yeh purple would probably make it look cool, tho im tired of the picture at the moment, maybe I tweak it one day.

Here is two paintings done in artrage nothing too fancy, just playing around with the tools and having fun, tho I think I should try to make stuff abit clearer, its abit too painterly, but its quite hard to do it for some reason.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by UnidColor View Post
    Giving the picture even more details and stuff in the focal point(s) wont really solve it ether, Its just something I gotta practice I guess.
    Same here.

I think the second image is plenty clear. The first one is very painterly, but I can still basically tell what everything is. I guess it depends on if you want to 'finish' the piece. Do you have the full version of Art Rage? I only have the free version, which doesn't have a lot of the tools.

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

-Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cacodaemonia Yeh I bought the full version of artrage because it is so cheap, hoping for version 3.0 to come out, but who knows when. But yeh I do find it really hard to actually sit down and do details in the program, it might just be me.

Since I see so many people doing life study digitally these days, I thought I might do it too!, I feel like I could need some pratice painting and seeing accurate values and colors, and im definitly gonna stick with this exersice.

Plus some artrage junk crap, to be fair I dont like most of my stuff I do in artrage, but its just so fun smearing paint around!. oh yeh I touched it up abit in photoshop with some glow and light.

Last edited by UnidColor; May 25th, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, cute iguana, though I think it could use more detail. The pig looks awesome! I need to do more digital studies, too. Maybe I can find time this week...

This last Art Rage one is fun. How long did it take you? I'd be curious to see some WIPs of your Art Rage stuff. I've never worked with real oil paints, so I think seeing your process in AR would be very informative. If you have the time and inclination, anyway.

Keep 'em coming!

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

-Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No man, that last one is great. I don't know why you don't like it cause othres do. But yes, keep going

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love you, your SB is sooooo awesome

Knarf is offline Coloring Book Deprived Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NICE studies, what is more nice is that last piece. It's great to be able to use multiple programs just do a piece of art, and you sir have done a great job with it. Keep up the exploration, and thank you for bringing us along.

-Frank

Portfolio

SSG:
    -+--+--+--+-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in love with the many mouthed monster from the last page! Literally, I scrolled down the page, and felt like I got hit in the gut. In a good way. True love at first sight. Can I marry it? Which tentacle to I put the ring? lol

The ice one is beautiful, but I don't know where you want me to look. I agree with Cacodaemonia. You've got so many different shapes, so many sharp edges, and textures it's a bit overpowering. Thinking how long that took, though, I can really really see why you're sick of it. I really is beautiful though.

The artrage stuffs are looking amazing too. Your trees in that program are very pretty. The latest red/gold one is my fave of those. Studies are wonderful too. You've progressed sooooo far so quickly. It really is great to see!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cacodaemonia Ah thanks alot, yeh just some plastic iguana,indeed hes texture is rather undefined.
    Well I would love to show you my process in artrage, sadly I work in one or two layers only so the process is sort of gone, maybe I record some video of it once I get better!.

Diverse Thanks, well they all are so loose abit flat and boring, even if I try to detail them its really hard its because its really hard actually to use the oil brush and art rage brushes are so limited, they are all fairly small sized brushes

lambd4
    Thank thank you! im glad u dig it

Alm0st Thanks! yeh its indeed fun to experiement with different programs

midknight523 Thank you!

Pixie Trick Hah im glad u liked the monster, its one of blizzard creatures, its quite cute probably would make a good pet if it was as small as a frog.

yeh the ice enviroment, im not even sure if I have a good solution for it, I probably should study some peoples art and seek for answers, I guess there is many ways to do it tho, simplefy stuff like textures and shapes, lower the contrast overall on the image and keep some of it for the focal point, add some fog. maybe I try to solve it one day

im glad u like the artrage stuff too!, im not sure if im progressing or just spending more time on the art tho:9 but I try my best!.

Life study of my old ipod, I thought it was really damn hard to draw the ipod because it always turned out to be titing abit different from what I oberved in real life, it might be because I got two eyes!.
    Name:  Ipod.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  173.6 KB

Uhm yeh more world of warcraft art in progress, definitly alot of stuff I dont like about it:7 will try to solve them as mutch as I can in the future.. so it
    take this picture with a grain of salt!
    Name:  991.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  350.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, you should definitely record your process! I would love to see it.

The iPod looks great, but I'm really liking the monster! I don't play WoW, but the creature makes me think of something from H.P. Lovecraft's work.

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

-Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I enjoyed these all four pages. I hardly can critique or help, as you're doing fine by yourself. You do experiment a lot, use various programs, styles and mediums. And still those works are pretty juicy. Have you thought about learning to paint characters? Pin-ups, portraits, action scenes etc.? It would expand your creativity. And, about environment, majority of works seems to have similiar range between viewer's eye and the end of work's depth (usually elements in backgrounds) is about few kilometres. I think you should try to push this range further. Maybe making area around horizon in background more subtle will help? I don't know, but I wanted to say I somewhat feel you're fixed to certain range/depth level. Anyway, just keep practising! Have you entered college already?

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why would I want a frog sized one? How would he eat my enemies? Crush my foes in stalactite sized teeth? Serenade me in huge resonating tones so the whole world could hear? Guard my swimming pool against roving u-boats? Answer me that- ha! No, a frog sized one couldn't even attach mosquitos, thank you very much.

I love the textures on the shellish stuff on the mouth tentacle of the pink-bg monster. Best part of the whole image I think. I pod looks good. How close were you to it? The two eyes have diff. viewpoints only gets to be a big problem when you start leaning in to see closer details, or if you stand up, then sit in a slightly different spot without noticing. I had a teacher who would mark where her stool was every time she sat up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone, been gone now for quite a while :9 oh yeh characters is from world of warcraft:7 I just enjoy doing them for some reason.

Cacodaemonia Thanks yeh, I think many of the monster in world of warcraft, or atleast this and the previous monster I painted is based on H.P

Tonic Thanks Tonic for checking out my Sketchbook, yeh im actually learning abit characters at the moment, I mainly following Riven Phoenix Dvd, Which I think is a wonderfull way to learn, I also picked up the atlast of human anatomy book which is also damn good.

But yeh thanks for pointing out the thing with the environment, yeh I will try to push the range more, I guess its easy to get into some sort of habbit when u paint, like doing same composition over and over.

and nah I didnt find any good schools I could enter, they were all so far away from were I lived, so yeh I will be home practicing some more, which I think works fine, tho it can be boring, but I can atleast help my parents at home too! Xd.

darknight Thanks!, yeh trying out new things is only good tho I just love doing environment too mutch, but the fun thing is, I dont like doing future or city environment, environment I enjoy the most is probably fantasy, more towards those classic oil paintings of nature.

But yeh im slowly learning the anatomy

Pixie Trick Thanks alot Pixie!, I were about one arm reach away from the ipod, tho I sat pretty still I think, but I just had really hard time judging at what angels the lines around the ipod were going, I couldn't really tell if it was correct or not on my screen

As for the update, here we go, various stuff I have done since last time,
    ofcourse not everything but yeh, I left out alot of shit

21. The Following User Says Thank You to UnidColor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, amazing work, love the environments, they have a great feel and texture to them... looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice environments. Really inspiring too! I'll definitely keep a watch on this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff. Your characters are very solid!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude u have good jobs i love your paintings . i think their colors too good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent stuff mate, I really enjoyed flipping to all of the 4 pages, so much A+++ content! Hopefully one day I get to paint as good as you, so keep on rolling!

-peace

Sketchbook

Insert very insightful quotes here ...
    - get back to work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing sketchbook! Some of the best environments I've seen around.
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rawness.

My site:
    http://thecentersphere.yolasite.com/

DA:
    http://halfshavenbananas.deviantart.com/

New World Creation: Designers Wanted Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful work! I love the detail in these enviros. That World of Warcraft painting of the boss with the floating players fighting it is awesomeness! I would love to encounter it. Reminds me of a bad ass version of Kael'thas when he throws you into the air but in some type of alien form. If you have time, I would love to get some feedback from you on some of my sketches! You make me want to bust out my acrylics and start painting. Thanks for the motivation!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your works looks amazing !!!
    I realy love your environemental paintings !!
    (hope a day I will be able to draw a "background/landscape" XD lol )
    see you !!! keep up your great works !!! can't wait to see more !!

Sorry, I'm bad in critics !!! (and english :o !) XD

My Sketchbook
    My DeviantArt Page

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2