Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UnidColors Environments 5th March

Thanks

UnidColors Environments 5th March

Hello since I sort of have decided what I wanna paint, which is environments!.
    So I sort of need a place to post the work I do, maybe the practice stuff or less finished ones, finished ones too!.
    It might happen I post other stuff than environment's!

(edited) I moved the first images that used to be here, down a few posts.

anyway I hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by UnidColor; March 4th, 2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnidColor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I guess I'll be the first one to reply. I really like these. I like the ideas behind them, especially the last one and the fourth from the bottom (the snowy one). I don't really have any critiques or anything for you, just encouragement, so keep it up. I dig it.

Thanks
    Your environments kick ass (I already knew it from your EoW entries...).

How much does it take you to make one of those more or less?? Do you have some work in progress pictures to post?

Thanks
    Nice!
    I like most of them.

Keep posting dude

Thanks
    Wow... these are great! o____o the colours are amaring!
    “Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy”

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Osau View Post
    I guess I'll be the first one to reply. I really like these. I like the ideas behind them, especially the last one and the fourth from the bottom (the snowy one). I don't really have any critiques or anything for you, just encouragement, so keep it up. I dig it.
    Thanks alot, im glad u liked them=) and thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by revenebo View Post
    Your environments kick ass (I already knew it from your EoW entries...).

How much does it take you to make one of those more or less?? Do you have some work in progress pictures to post?
    I do have a few work in progress picture, two to be exact. planning to do more, or some recording, once I get better ofcourse!.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/435/progress1s.jpg
    http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2114/progress2g.jpg

It really depends on the subject, some goes faster maybe an hour? and some of them Im not happy with or im just not getting it to work it can drag on for another hour or so.

Mainly because I need more practice with enviroments and with perspectives and stuff.

Also when I dont have anything in my mind, I just start with something and see what comes out with it, it can take abit longer time, figuring out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mariusz View Post
    Nice!
    I like most of them.

Keep posting dude
    Thanks alot, will do!

Quote Originally Posted by AvisNocturna View Post
    Wow... these are great! o____o the colours are amaring!
    Thanks alot, colors are what I enjoy!=)

Uhm this is something I did today, I sort of hated it, struggled with it, I for once tried to paint buildings in my picture without some 3d model with some perspective brush for grid, but I sort of did 2 point perspective with 1 point grid; fail, so yeh its rather off.

Will try to improve on that cuz I enjoy painting those buildings.
    Last edited by UnidColor; January 9th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks
    Hehe. I said I'd show up! Perspective is really valuable to learn, and personally it's quite easy. (I can't figure out how even sketch-up works, for goodness sake ) Some good places are Loomis' 'Sucessful Drawing' (you can download this) and 'Perspective for Artists' by Rex Vicat Cole. Cole is bit complex vocabulary wise, but is very in depth and goes over everything up to how to taking account how the earth is round (not particularly useful but interesting) to perspective when looking down hills and such forth. Loomis is a bit clearer, and covers a lot, and more in relation to humans than theoretical and architectural. Yoitisi has a section in the IDW thread for some perspective related exercises and lessons as well. I believe he's starting up a new mentoring group in the near future as well. He goes over drawing straight lines by hand, and cubes by eye, ellipses, shadows, transferring orthos into 3D etc. Also, seedling at some point in her concept art 101 goes over shadows and more basic perspective (Yoitisi might as well but I'm not sure).

Beautiful enviros. I try to do any form of foliage or rock and it turns into a blob. I love enviros but struggle with them. My favourites from the first post I think are the snow one, and the one right above it. Your cloud are wonderful as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Trick View Post
    Hehe. I said I'd show up! Perspective is really valuable to learn, and personally it's quite easy. (I can't figure out how even sketch-up works, for goodness sake ) Some good places are Loomis' 'Sucessful Drawing' (you can download this) and 'Perspective for Artists' by Rex Vicat Cole. Cole is bit complex vocabulary wise, but is very in depth and goes over everything up to how to taking account how the earth is round (not particularly useful but interesting) to perspective when looking down hills and such forth. Loomis is a bit clearer, and covers a lot, and more in relation to humans than theoretical and architectural. Yoitisi has a section in the IDW thread for some perspective related exercises and lessons as well. I believe he's starting up a new mentoring group in the near future as well. He goes over drawing straight lines by hand, and cubes by eye, ellipses, shadows, transferring orthos into 3D etc. Also, seedling at some point in her concept art 101 goes over shadows and more basic perspective (Yoitisi might as well but I'm not sure).

Beautiful enviros. I try to do any form of foliage or rock and it turns into a blob. I love enviros but struggle with them. My favourites from the first post I think are the snow one, and the one right above it. Your cloud are wonderful as well.
    Thanks alot! yeh I will make sure to check those stuff and read, I also got a quite good dvd named perspective the science of art from draw123.com, I think its really good, but I need to watch it more=9.

And yeh mainly just setting up grids and get used to work with them is what I need to do too.

Anyway here is a few more enviroments, im not in love with them all but meh:8

Some of these I practiced starting in greyscale and color it and than finished with some painting on top

Thanks
    Wow looking nice dude! Some of these enviros are really kicking ass! I like. Keep em coming.

Thanks
    Wow, I love the way you use colour in your paintings. These are awesome!

Thanks
    Really cool artwork, love your brushstrokes!
    Post more!

Cheers,

Thanks
    Hmmm... Have you noticed that in each of those enviros, the composition is very similar? The focal point is (if using the rule of thirds) at around the top right corner point? Just watch were you put cliff like objects that curve down to this point from the left, and a shorter corresponding segment on the right. Actually, the bridge one has the focal point closest to an 'ideal' point (rule of thirds once again), and I think is the strongest compositionally. Maybe some playing around with canvas ratios would help mix things up a bit.

Did you paint everything in greyscale first and then add a multiply layer on top, then straight painting? Interesting. They look a bit different than the others above. Still, quite nice and bit looser.

Thanks
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1238616215

I like the 3rd one from the top (the canyon thingy) the strokes are great and theres a intresting warm cool balance goin on in there.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast