Thread: Flint VS Getata

Thanks

Flint VS Getata

topic will be evil character design :evilbat:
    one page of character poses + expressions
    and one page of color illustration(painting, drawing...whatever...)
    media will be open depends on our mood

Flint you have anything to add?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Ya I was thinking that the evil character should be in some way a personification of one of the plagues of mankind throughout history... Just to make it a little trickier for the both of us. :trippy:

and I guess by plague, the meaning can stretch beyond just say disease:barf: , such as bubonic or any wide spread historic or modern epidemic, say a great social wrong or great evil. :firedevil:The second half of this is really open to interpretation of what one would interpret as a great moral wrong that plagues humanity.

Whatever plague chosen we cannot add a tagline. We must design our characters with enough clues as to era and what disease or wrong he or she represents for the average viewer and especially judges to interpret the identity of the evil beastie. Or does that go without saying?:p

So with that thought in mind, it would probably be best to not get all obscure with the theme, don't ya think? Or are you a true conceptual visual communicator, able to enligten even the dullest mind as to what obscure message you are trying to get across?:confused:

You like that twist? or are ya chiken? :chicken: BWOK BWOK BWOK !!! :eek: :scared:

Bring it on !

:fight: :bash: :rambo: :chainsaw: :evilbat:

BTW: by page, what do you mean? How many poses etc, how bout 4 or more poses and expressions, followed by one color?
    Last edited by Flint; December 16th, 2003 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks

hmm...

flint i think your ideas are great, but people from different country may have their own historical plague. It may not easy to tell the story of one's country when the audiences lack the basic knowledge of that country. If i design the character based on chinese history from 1560 B.C., will you have any clue what plague i am doing?

I will go for your idea anyway, but i think the plague element should not take a very important role to the design/judge.

ya 4 poses and 4 expressions should be fine for the concept page, and one page of the illustration with free style and media.

I'll begin to work on the concept and hopefully I can post it here next week.

BE READY TO FIGHT :firedevil
    Last edited by getata; December 17th, 2003 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks
    Ok sounds good.

Now I am off tot he christmans madness marathon, prolly wont be back til after..

Until then, just remember:

Flint VS Getata

Thanks

hmm frist little idea

first sketch...
    it's like a zombie of the very evil queen of the last dynasty of china......
    who sat behind the "baby king" and control the country...and finally made china attacked by the world and other history stuff...

Flint VS Getata

Thanks
    guess I otta start drawing this damn thing now that xmas is over....