Wannabe mangaka.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Wannabe mangaka.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wannabe mangaka.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I joined this forums so I can improve becuase as for now I'm below mediocre skill-wise. So here's the story. I want to become a Mangaka (manga artist) but I have a lot of difficulties figuring out where should I start my practice, more over I'm very lazy and easily give up when frustrated. At the moment I'm depressed and feel like shit xD I know I need to work on everything I just don't know where to start so I'm beggin you for help.

Here are some of my older to recent works to give you an idea about my current "abilities". I think my weaker side is perspective and anatomy, not to mention coloring >..> My aim is to be able create a drawing in any style (from realistic to comic) so I'm not focusing on manga only. ANy help will be greatly appretiated. If you need any additional info just tell me and you'll have to excuse my broken english since it's not my motherlanguage.

Oldest to newest:

Samurai V2

And this one is still not in color - but it's the most recent thing I've drawn.

If you wanna check my dev for more go to:

www.wonszlol.deviantart.com

Thank you very much.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A large group of sketches is hard to crit as a whole; just saying.

That aside, you're showing a lot of variety, which is nice. A few anatomy issues here and there, but nothing a little studying can't fix. The bottom picture's perspective is off in the way that every building has a different perspective, from the looks of it. You can fix this by plotting out a perspective grid of sorts to line everything up with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply. I feel a bit better now ;D I noticed my problem is that I focus on details ignoring the "big picture" which in the end makes some parts stand out more than the others or like you mentioned in the last picture, draw in many perspectives >..> I never went to any artistic school since there is none in the region I live ;[ that's why I have to learn everything myself...Luckily I found this site which provides alot of practice materials so I guess the only things that's left for me to do is get my lazy ass to work and hopefully it'll eventually work out xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mhm, a lot of those picture have little mistakes or things that can be improved, but it would be too much to crit every single picture.. I suggest to keep posting unfinished pictures or sketches on Conceptart so that it's easier to critique. Opening a sketchbook here with life drawings is also motivating.

for mangas, read up Scott McClouds book on making or understanding comics (later maybe reinventing comics) they are the most useful books about comics as far as I know and there's also information about manga in there

edit: deviantart allows hotlinking? cool

I just took a break to post this.
    But sometimes I also draw stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright I'll do that. Most of the time I see my mistakes it's just that I don't know how to correct them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonsz For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.