monster girl, mostly
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

monster girl, mostly

killing time with this monster

and getting to that point where i should turn back and address some issues of anatomy and empty space and that fact that they dont have lower halves

and suggestions?

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    when distorting anatomy and making stuff up as you go a good thing to keep in mind is functionality. its easy for the viewer to buy into whacky-ass monsters so long as they have a believable structure to them.

that said, i think right now the balance of your creature on the right is unbelievable. it really looks like it is about to tip over and that you could easily push it over and giggle as it wobbles to the ground. give it balance and rhythm. a lot of times people bulk up their creations with muscles and mass, because size is intimidating, and that to me is the obvious path and not as interesting.

i'd like to see this creature be more lean with longer limbs that look like they can run after you... right now there's this vague chicken drumstick connecting to the torso and there is only a mild suggestion of a pelvic region.

the spine could be more curvaceous too. it makes a sweeping arc from the neck to the back, but then it shoots with laser precision in a straight line downward. even a human with poor posture has more natural curvature than that.

anyway, the textures are looking fun, so i'm sure this'll be great once it gets going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you grief
    im trying to work out the balance issues with this update

next im going to try the work the spine as you said its got some intense precision, and also work out the arm cause its not feeling very useful, almost like its just a wet noodle hanging off its shoulder

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just a bit more on the pic
    having trouble switching from the horror to the little girl

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.