Anatomical HELP! PLEASEEE!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs down Anatomical HELP! PLEASEEE!

Hi, I'm new at this stuff,no big words please. ( turning 14, wow im really stupid hehe.) I learned the human body, but I still suck, >_<.

Anyways, I need NEED NEED help! If possible could you redline it for me! I worked so hard on it, and ARGH it's BLEGH!.

Anyway, I need help with the chest, hips arms and neck, >_<.

Also, for those who are confused, that circle thingy is supposed to be a band, but I didn't draw it out yet.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Her eye is far too small, her arm comes off as a little thick, and her pelvis seems to be missing. Her chest is also off perspective from the rest of her body, and her neck is rather rigid.
    It's very, very rough in this state...If this is the final quality, I suggest you tighten things up. The lines are very wobbly and uneven. Keep on studying your anatomy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangleworm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi drawing people is pratice, all ya got to do is more life drawing. draw from mags and photos. this is good and i like the line work

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tibbenstein For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Concentrate on learning human form and proportion, everything you've drawn is very flat, shapes only, with little indication you know how the forms turn into the depth of the picture space. Proportion is the size of various body parts in relation to one another and you have some issues there as well.

There are quite a few books online, many free, that deal with drawing the human form in both repose & action, not just anatomy references, but lessons in construction of poses and forms onto which the anatomy is added as detailing.

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

8. The Following User Says Thank You to masque For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangleworm View Post
    Her eye is far too small, her arm comes off as a little thick, and her pelvis seems to be missing. Her chest is also off perspective from the rest of her body, and her neck is rather rigid.
    It's very, very rough in this state...If this is the final quality, I suggest you tighten things up. The lines are very wobbly and uneven. Keep on studying your anatomy.
    No, sorry I forgot to add this is just a rough lineart sketch, and pelvis????

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This doesn't look like 'rough lineart'; it looks like trying to jump to the last step without doing construction, or trying to trace a photo without understanding the underlying anatomy.

Draw all the pieces of the figure at once - this looks like you drew an eye, added hair, then tried to stick a body and face onto it after the fact. That very rarely works, and only if the artist is dead nuts on with their anatomy - we're talking top 10% here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MiniGoth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGoth View Post
    This doesn't look like 'rough lineart'; it looks like trying to jump to the last step without doing construction, or trying to trace a photo without understanding the underlying anatomy.

Draw all the pieces of the figure at once - this looks like you drew an eye, added hair, then tried to stick a body and face onto it after the fact. That very rarely works, and only if the artist is dead nuts on with their anatomy - we're talking top 10% here.
    I referenced the face,( and no I don't mean tracing by referencing) so I could point out the ethnicity.
    Do you guys think I should just scrap it, I mean I know I still have a really long way to go to actually call myself an artist. I think I should just practice until the day comes inwhich I could make things look like and actual person.

Thanks guys for your help, I'll try some more untill I get things right. ( i love cA btw)
    p.s: The sketch was way more detailed than the above picture, but it was too dark when I scanned it so I figured to just make a quick lineart version of it and post it on here.

Last edited by Marlo; March 29th, 2009 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your persepctive is way off, and the balance is skewed. You really have no understanding of the underlying anatomy as far as I can tell, and you should take the time to purchase, or look up, anatomy books/references online. (If you're to grab a book, I suggest Anatomy For Artists by Barrington Barber. Very good book.)

Attached I have a sloppy redline, but it should get my point across. (Anyone feel free to correct me with my own redline.) As someone above mentioned, her eye is much too small, and the facial anatomy, though I'm still a novice myself at it, is somewhat off.

Attached Images Attached Images  

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Divine Oblivion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, It does she's falling off, and when I have the money, I'll be sure to pruchase that book! I think I'm just going to scrap it and just work on the basics for now, then gradually move up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You really don't need to purchase an expensive book. As masque linked out, there are lots of free e-books about drawing and illustration. Check them out.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jie Kageshinzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your road blocks are about understanding of anatomy. If you want to improve your drawing you need to understand whats going on beneath the form. You need to understand how the skeleton is connected, and proportions at which the human figure is constructed of, the over lay of the muscles on the skeletal frame and how they react when in a certain position when flex and when relaxed.

The good news your young, start looking at reference, start studying the masters and start trying to understand why they made certain pencil strokes and your drawing ability will improve by leaps and bounds. The actual skill of manual dexterity and controlling line weight is important as well, but none of that matters without the ability to fully comprehend the subject of which you are trying to capture.

Cheers
    and good luck

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Kings For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Kings View Post
    Your road blocks are about understanding of anatomy. If you want to improve your drawing you need to understand whats going on beneath the form. You need to understand how the skeleton is connected, and proportions at which the human figure is constructed of, the over lay of the muscles on the skeletal frame and how they react when in a certain position when flex and when relaxed.

The good news your young, start looking at reference, start studying the masters and start trying to understand why they made certain pencil strokes and your drawing ability will improve by leaps and bounds. The actual skill of manual dexterity and controlling line weight is important as well, but none of that matters without the ability to fully comprehend the subject of which you are trying to capture.

Cheers
    and good luck
    Okay, I'll try doing that ^_^

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.