Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: silentbrain vs MrKayne

Thanks

silentbrain vs MrKayne

Okay silentbrain and I have decided, and this shall be improved law:

Topic: A monster or genetically altered animal/creature that is used for warfare.

For this match there will be one final image; the monster can be realistic or completely fantasy. Any medium or programs are allowed. Optionally, a second piece can be created, of a monster or genetically altered animal/creature that is an exotic pet.
    Last edited by MrKayne; January 20th, 2004 at 07:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Okay, these are simple sketches, but I think I'm trying to go for a genetically altered animal type of feel. This one is more of the war-type... I'm thinkin' he's got to be vicious enough to not need weapons, but can be able to handle them.

silentbrain vs MrKayne silentbrain vs MrKayne
    Not much yet, but I'm getting a little free time now.

Thanks
    I'm not sure what this one is... war or exotic; it can be exotic and valuable - skin composed of rock/mineral substance. In war, they strap a bomb on it, send it into enemy camp, then boom.
    silentbrain vs MrKayne

okay, silentbrain, how's things on your end? C'mon ya pansy
    silentbrain vs MrKayne

Thanks
    damn dude, you've really got this going already

tis only a flesh wound! I'll bite your kneecaps off!
    so far I've only been able to think about it, still brainstorming a bit. there's a chance I might be able to get my hands on a cheapo scanner so hopefully I will be able to participate more in this thread in maybe a week :chug:

Thanks
    Originally posted by MrKayne
    oh, and silentbrain, I've been seeing you around the DSG alot lately - been doing some good work. But, don't think you can use that as your excuse when I kick yer butt in our TD match! [/B]
    Gah, ya found me! Agh! I admit it, I'm actually a terrible procrastinator on these sorts of things.

Thanks for the kick in the butt tho. I will start to get on that...(just gotta find me a cheap scanner or get mum to mail over my old scanner)

Thanks
    Ah, don't worry about posting it - when I start working digitally, I'll be postin' that too. So, you can just post some WIP then... although I would like to see your sketches, I don't want to make you go through too much trouble, since we have just one month.

Thanks
    Naw that's cool. I probably won't be able to get a scanner in time, but if I do any color scheme tests like I'm hoping I will, then I will post those here.

I need to get off my lazy ass and get started though I think this kind of long-term design thing is exactly what I need more of x_x

Thanks
    Okay, I'm pretty set on one of my creatures... I believe this is the war one (still working on the idea for the other creature, though). I did some more sketches, sorry, I know you can't post, but I'm just letting you see how things are here. Don't worry, should have some digital work next time.

I really like the wings part of him, so I'm trying to work on that.
    silentbrain vs MrKayne

This is the basic composition, just showing the placement.
    silentbrain vs MrKayne

Here's a more detailed sketch of the pose of my creature.
    silentbrain vs MrKayne

Hope your work's going good silentbrain. Been liking your DSG work lately... better be sure to bring that quality to our match!
    :chug:
    Last edited by MrKayne; January 14th, 2004 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks
    Oh man, looking nice there MrKayne! :chug:

To be truthful, since school started my schedule's been in disarray, hopefully this weekend I can put in solid hours on this though. :bash:

I decided my war creature will be a giant locust (dog sized) that attacks in swarms. Probably medieval fantasy localle, and they may be colored red and green. Been doing a few sketches, hope to have something more tangible to post over the weekend. *sweat*

Thanks
    *sigh* excuses, excuses...

Anyways, I did a rough color study today... I did it in Open Canvas instead of Painter, 'cause I read about how you can create these mini-movie type things of your process and though it kicked ass, so I gave it a go. The prog's actually pretty decent, so if your workin on a pc, download my process (I'm not a painter, so bear with it)
    [edit - deleted file... been up long enough]

Here's the jpeg of it >
    silentbrain vs MrKayne

(OC website > www.portalgraphics.net)
    Last edited by MrKayne; April 28th, 2004 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks
    Cool, I know opencanvas, there's some really amazing stuff I've watched just like "omg wtf aaa " I don't like that they took out networking out of the newer versions though...just like paintchat except you can save the event file.

Anyway, thanks for the event file, was fun to watch. Good to see you're working hard on it, at least somebody is x_x

20 more days, gah!

Anyway, I did finally get something to post, color schemes.
    silentbrain vs MrKayne
    silentbrain vs MrKayne
    silentbrain vs MrKayne

I'm not really satisfied with the design just yet, still feels like I just took a regular locust and enlarged it + tacked some stuff on, I will probably change something drastically before moving on to the final picture.

Thanks
    Yeah they've got some awesome OC stuff.
    Anywas, I'm liking the color schemes... I kinda like the middle one, the purple/red/grey works well together. As for the design, it's a cool looking start - I like all the bloody teeth and spikes and such.

I'm not sure if my sketches convey what I'm trying to get at, but I'm merging parts of animals into one, somewhat realistic creation. 'course my angle is more of a genetically-tampered-war-animal. I think the flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz were cool, so I knida started with that. It's supposed to have a cat-like torso and legs, with gorilla arms. It's has a little bit of snakeskin or something lining it's back and feet. Oh, and it's head is like a mix of a wild boar/bat/cougar-ish combo. It can even pee standing up if it wants too.

Thanks
    Wizard of Oz has flying monkies?! Man, now I know my memory's gone to hell o_O

Thanks for c&c, right now I'm just trying to think of what animal would be good to throw into the mix, then hopefully on to the final planning!

Funny, given that we got the lunar new year off, I thought I would get more things done. >_< I will have a new start! ...after dinner...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast