Art: UnidColors Art
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: UnidColors Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

UnidColors Art

Hello, this is my first time posting here in the "Its finally finished!!" place, I hope u like my art.

My real life name is Patrik Hjelm im 20 years old and currently practicing art to hopefully enter some art school after the summer.

This stuff is a mix of fanart and stuff for myself and my friends and yeh sorry its quite alot of images.

Attached Images Attached Images                                              
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UnidColor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How are you not already in an art school? This is pretty professional grade stuff right here. If you mean to tell me that you are a self taught, twenty year old, recreational, non art student, Im going to flip my stack.
    That would be it for me. DONE.
    (great work)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything is very good, Unid. When I first saw your Atlantis EOW I actually thought you were posting work from a master painter meant to inspire artists in the thread. Then I realized you were the actual artist - immense job on that. Keep it up, sir. You've been blazing.

Keep doing you

My site:
    http://thecentersphere.yolasite.com/

DA:
    http://halfshavenbananas.deviantart.com/

New World Creation: Designers Wanted Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't say sorry for posting a lot of images. If your stuff sucked I could understand apologizing for that, but as it so happens your stuff is really, really good. That's quite an impressive portfolio.

I'm seeing a hellish/tropical theme overall. Maybe you could do a painting about demons on a tropical island.

I'm sure you could learn more with art school, but from the start you will likely be one of the best in your class.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work! I like it!

Keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks alot for your comments, they are highly appreciated!

Duman sort of ,but not really self taught, its thanks to the internet, its like a school for me, plenty of dvds to buy and watch and learn, read and observe. try to be like a sponge

But I have painter warhammer figures earlier in my life, even tho didnt learn mutch about that I think, and done various of naruto manga colorings just for fun, which helped me to learn photoshop and alot of basics stuff in terms of colors etc.

And I do have spent alot of my life playing video games, maybe that helps?

hehe Thanks Vulgar`im glad u liked it, I know it was a hard piece to make for sure=9 I screwed up on the water reflections but yeh stuff that happens=)

Dahami I will have to do that demons on tropical islands one day for sure=) !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man this stuff's damn inspiring. Really feeling that autumn style scape and quick sketches at the bottom. Great sense of colour and style.

What program do you mainly use?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks alot im glad you like them and feelt abit inspired!
    So far all my digital artwork I have done has been in photoshop.

I just recently (today actually) started to learn some of corel painter, but will probably take ages until I start using it.

Also I also use sketchup for some enviroments just to assist with the perspective abit too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah the Throneroom I can see a good blend of 3d there.

Any chance of some stage by stage pics?

Have you narrowed down which art schools you're going to apply at?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeh correct the throneroom and the one above which was eow103 , Tombraider as topic.

I have yet to find a way to go from a 3d base to some sort of more paintery rendered piece, mainly because I only done it twice.

At the moment it I usual start out with alot of color and overlay layers to just give some sort of more dymanic values and colors.
    Than I just get frustrated and basicly layermask all the walls and plains and just paint inside those selection, so I can keep edges rather clean and just paint inside.

But at the moment im trying new stuff and hopefully I will get it down, something that works for me, because I really wanna work more toward envrioment paintings for sure.

sure I could provide you some stage by stage pictures, I often save alot of layers so tell me what pictures u want stages from and I will try to put them together, I dont think they all have it saved, but I think most of them should have.

But yeh if u ment for the throne Eow 108, im pretty sure it has some sort of stages to show, even if it was rather messy in the start of it.

nope not narrowed down a school yet, maybe I should do it before its too late, sadly I think they are all rather far away from were I live, if I want something decent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah a stage by stage for any of the enviro's would be great. Thanks man.

Yeah should inquire before any of the major closing dates, good luck with that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow!!!! You have some very nice stuff here.

I would love to a step by step as well. I'm in the process of trying to figure out the same thing you are doing...So, that would be a huge help to me.

Thanks for some very inspirational pictures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unidcolor - Do you have a breakdown for EOW 103? I think that is a beautiful painting. I only became aware of your work recently through EOW, and can see some real talent and major potential. To see that you are only 20 is an eye opener indeed!
    Its strange, i turned 21 last week, and a friend and i were joking that its all downhill from here and the youngsters will be coming to kick our asses. We laughed, but in the week since then ive seen 3(!!!) threads in this forum from 20 years olds looking to go to art school, who all seriously rock... Its scary...

Nick

2008 - 2009 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

2007 - 2008 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, and have some stars

2008 - 2009 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

2007 - 2008 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All your work is great but, Cthulhu is amazing. The amount of detail, the great use of colors, and the wonderful sense of depth and scale just blew me away.

Kenny
    "The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lots of good stuff. i like the ones with less details the most,
    like "peacefulness".

in the "atlantis".... the cluster of buildings to the down-left seems to
    have a strange midget-scale, they are clearly in the forground but still
    way smaller than the buildings in the center? anyway i enjoy your work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all, thanks for all the comments, and thanks for checking out my art.

Here are two Progress ones, Sorry I checked it up and I basicly merged most of my stuff on EoW 103.

These are alright, even tho they are not pefect because i sort of didnt plan to make a progress guide of them, its just the way I got my layers, and some pieces I just have like mountains on one layer, sky on the base layer, clouds on the top, doesnt make good progress thingy.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/435/progress1s.jpg

And

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2114/progress2g.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rattus View Post
    lots of good stuff. i like the ones with less details the most,
    like "peacefulness".

in the "atlantis".... the cluster of buildings to the down-left seems to
    have a strange midget-scale, they are clearly in the forground but still
    way smaller than the buildings in the center? anyway i enjoy your work.
    glad you liked it, yeh its something Im working on, less details more gestures, shapes and edges I guess.

yeh well I think because I was farily new to enviroment, I still consider I am, so I wasnt really sure what to do at that point, so I think I just tried to make the town compete less with the main town, also making it less contrasty in colors and in contrast, but yeh it doesnt really makes sense.

it just makes it scream for attention if u make it smaller I guess, but lets blame it on its a smaller part of the city, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by space-sprayer View Post
    Unidcolor - Do you have a breakdown for EOW 103? I think that is a beautiful painting. I only became aware of your work recently through EOW, and can see some real talent and major potential. To see that you are only 20 is an eye opener indeed!
    Its strange, i turned 21 last week, and a friend and i were joking that its all downhill from here and the youngsters will be coming to kick our asses. We laughed, but in the week since then ive seen 3(!!!) threads in this forum from 20 years olds looking to go to art school, who all seriously rock... Its scary...

Nick
    I was looking but it seems like the Eow 103 was merged abit too mutch to be able to do a progress shot of it, but I will do more enviroments in the future so I will make sure to do a few of them here and there, maybe I have found a better way to do it than too!.

Heh yeh well the technology really helps here (internet), for people to find what they are intressted in and learn about it in an easy way, at any age pretty mutch, but whats important is mutch more than age, is the passion to do art, and enjoying what you do.

Someone can be 12 years old and paint like a master, but it wouldn't mather for shit if he wouldn't enjoy doing it =9, but yeh I dont like age, I get stressed out about it, even the age doesnt mather in art compared to something like sports(you can be old in that too) but yeh just an example.

Aslong as u enjoy art your on the road.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to UnidColor For This Useful Post:

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very, very nice. I saw a couple of the EOW pieces and was mildly blown away. EOW 105 especially. Actually, I'm the least fond of your first three images up there. I love the larger purple one a lot too. You've got very nice colours.

I agree about the age thing. Here I am at sixteen and stressing about what on earth I'm going to do with my life (So many choices!!!!), but I think the majority of my conclusion so far is to just enjoy it. Keep up the great work, and luck on getting into an art school. If you made a sb I would visit (nudge, nudge, wink, wink ).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man thanks for those step-by-steps, really interesting. Look forward to more work man.

Members who have read this thread: 1