Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Captian A wip, any thougts?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It would be nice to see a partial view of his face in the center image. At first I didnt even notice his head. It just kind of blended into his body. Maybe you can work out a partial profile of him looking up towards the snake.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi steven6, I am by no means an expert at giving critique nor at comics, but I'll try.
    What struck me immediately is that the narration is a bit hard to follow. It took me a while to figure out that he was swinging on a vine that broke. Also, the transition from him surfacing to fighting in the center panel seems very abrupt.

Anatomically, while I understand the style is supposed to be an exaggeration, his head seems puny and more appropriate for a hulk.
    Aside from that, I think the image would benefit from some simplification in terms of volumes and light. The image can be stronger if you leave some areas for the viewer to interpret, don't go crazy bouncing light around and highlighting every part of the figure. Here's a quick painter over that will hopefully demonstrate what I mean better.

Name:  steveoverpaint .jpg
Views: 73
Size:  82.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yutani gave some great pointers, no reason to over-render. sometimes the simple, well placed strokes can do wonders for creating the right mood. i really enjoy the textures on the snake, and it is rendered very nicely! keep at it, can't wait to see more.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.