Brasshorsekiller vs. Muttonhead

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OK, here is what Brasshorskiller and I have decided upon:

Creature Life-Cycle

Design and illustrate the entire life-cycle of a creature from birth to death. Perhaps show some of its behavior, movement, environment, and diet, plus show its relative size comparison.

Bring on the PAIN BHK!

don't hurt me, I'm delicate.

-Muttonhead

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hells yea--cant wait to see what you guys come up with!

tyler

MY SITE
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, brass already did one lifecycle pic the last months...that was great...looking forward to see a new one! Good luck to both of you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's what happens when you let me pick. Muahahaha.

OMG muttonheadzorz, I will liek, pwn yuo.

edit*
    here's our fancy banner.

Last edited by brasshorsekiller; January 3rd, 2004 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did these a couple weeks ago while I was brainstorming. I've decided to go in a different direction than any of these, but here's the first bit of work for my entry. woo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :thumbsup:

very nice colors...

Muttonhead...it'S your turn, hehe!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So busy, but OK Ok, I have some VERY ROUGH sketches here, but it is also an idea that I think I may scrap.

The idea was a creature that calls huge futuristic cities home, it hangs in an egg pod from metal rafters or bridges, and gathers electrostatic energy. After dropping down and "hatching, it begins to absorg metallic objects and whatnot, incorporating them into its body. Eventually it grows so large and cumbersome that it stops moving and begins to collect items with its very long tenticles extending from its head.

It then slowly builds itself into a giant, bio-mechanical tower which can be troublesome especially when they have set themselves up on property that is planned for development. It is a very robust sepcies and that is hard to kill/destroy, but there are special teams of exterminators whose jobs are to locate the eggs or hatchlings and dispatch them before they root themselves into a single location. They are usually found to thrive in abandoned areas or hard-to-reach areas in these theoretical enormous future-cities....

My other idea is to do some sort of robot. It would start with technical plans and progress through several stages such as: miniature, armiture (sp?), basic robot, accesorized robot, updated and customized robot, outfitted for battle robot, dissembled for parts robot, and scrapheap..... or something like that...

Have other ideas to show that I need to flesh out more.

Anyways, thats all for now. EAT THAT BRASSHORSE! HA! Cool stuff though, actually! I'm gettin nervous.....

-Muttonhead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both of you guys are rockin.

I love your organic creatures brass, and mutton head, your first concept looks cool as hell.

This is gonna be a good one!

:thumbsup:

-http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "" which can be troublesome especially when they have set themselves up on property that is planned for development. ""

lol

mutton you rock dude--you truly have an original way of thinking--and your work keeps gettin more and more amazing

brasshorse--great stuff dude!

MY SITE
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn muttonhead & brass,

that's some wicked sh*t !

Jorn.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work... Can't wait to see finished pieces...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa! Muttonhead fires back! Nice, nice work, Sean. Great linework, this is shaping up to be a good fight!

Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up Metroback

Woah. Muttonhead. Your first design is amazing, you should definitely stick with it. Very original.

I'm waiting to see what Brass will come up with.

This is my signature, until I can get a better one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey muttonhead....that tower stage stuff....fucking rocks!!!!
    loved the idea....stick with that!....

Art Blog
    My Website

Emrah ELMASLI

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys,
    WOW! great great ideas and amazing renderings so far. I'm always inspired by THINKING I see on these forums. These are fabulous examples of that I will be checking in often. Thanks guys

Peace
    Dan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't wait to see these finished...the concepts from both of you are really cool!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Am feverishly finishing my pieces. I will post as soon as I am done!

Can't wait to see what everyone has done!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

FINALS...

OK here we go:

Life-Cycle of A Plague-Infested Space-Baron

My creature life-cycle project will follow the progressions of Vahnnu Kannaverk, one of the galaxies most fearsome and hated villains.

Stage 1: Insolent Whelp - Age 15

Young Vahnnu is a sniveling little brat born into the Kannaverk family after they have lost favor with Emperor Dhuulag of the Thuldarian Empire. The Kannaverks were once very powerful and politically influential. After Dutchess Mardha Kannaverk (Vahnnu¡¦s mother) used her own private army to murder her husband and invade another Duke¡¦s prison on Cahseri 4 in order to free a man with whom she had fallen in love with, she was stripped of her title and royalty privileges and was forced into exile, along with the rest of the family on a near-barren planet called Uah-Tsir.

Vahnnu has one brother, Mohrdan, who is 5 years younger than him, but not nearly as violent or angry.

Vahnnu spends his day torturing small animals and lighting things on fire. He also listens to his Uncle Ikfhad talk about the good-old days when the Kannaverks would hire pirate ships to do their dirty work for them. He also instructs Vahnnu in the art of war.

Stage 2: Young Space-Pirate - Age 19

When he comes of age, Vahnnu decides to leave Uah-Tsir, in defiance of the exile that the Kannaverks remain on the planet until they have completed their sentence„m possibly forever.

Vahnnu has come to despise the Emperor, as one can imagine. He dreams of a day when he can face this cowardly Emperor and put an end to his self-righteous reign.

Vahnnu joins a group of bandits after they make an emergency landing on Uah-Tsir. Uncle Ikfhad introduces young Vahnnu to the Pirates. Vahnnu begins to spend a lot of time with the Pirates as they rest and repair their ship.

Vahnnu slips out of his house one evening and joins the Pirates as they leave the planet under the cover of night. Vahnnu never returns to Uah-Tsir.

As a space-pirate, he shows great adeptness at sword and gun-fighting, and he is eventually put in charge of directing most of the raids, for it is also apparent that his tactical abilities are rivaled by few.

During his stint as a pirate, Vahnnu picks up the Grey Plague from a brief stint on A condemned planet. The Grey Plague is a disease that slowly disfigures the body and inflicts gradually increasing pain and discomfort while it extends the person¡¦s life, and thereby extends the agony. Many Grey-Plaguers kill themselves after about 25 or 30 years, but some have strong enough wills to last much longer.

Vahnnu eventually becomes the captain of his own ship, and then a small fleet of ships. He calls upon his brother Mohrdan to join him, and the 2 become infamous space-pirates.

Stage 3: ¡§Black Army¡¨ Commander - Age 38

Now that Vahnnu has built up a substantial following, he decides to use his small army as an underground force for terrorizing the galaxy, specifically any planets with significant money and resources, and especially ones with particularly strong devotion to the Emperor.

He becomes an icon of terrorism in the Galaxy, known for his trademark half-mask, which hides some of the initial disfigurement caused by the plague.

Vahnnu will sometimes play the game of asking for loyalty from a relatively weak and resource-poor planet, and then stripping that planet of what little they have even after they have promised aide to Vahnnu¡¦s cause.

Vahnnu¡¦s brother Mohrdan becomes disenfranchised with Vahnnu¡¦s methods, feeling that he has turned his back on the old Space-Pirate codes. He leaves Vahnnu¡¦s operation and forms his own band of space-pirates who operate on the outskirts of the galaxy.

As his reputation builds, Vahnnu begins to recruit people from planets on the outer edges of the Empire to join his ¡§Black Army¡¨, which he uses to take control of new territories and seize mining operations.

Vahnnu is now middle-aged, but very powerful. His Plague symptoms continue to advance, and he is no longer able to hide them, but instead, he uses his twisted visage to heighten his fearful image, no longer wearing a mask. His right hand has begun to form into a claw-like limb and his skin is covered in bony spikes and oozing postules. He has also grown taller and more menacing.

He takes a wife who bears him a son, whose name is Sehrgef.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stage 4: Corrupt Baron - Age 73

Emperor Dhuulag can no longer ignore the threat that Vahnnu poses, and decides to make a deal with him. He offers him a Barony, which includes many of the planets he has already seized and many others on top of that. He hopes that by appeasing Vahnnu he will avoid a long and dragged-out war.

Vahnnu sets up his seat of power on a volcanically active planet called Sehranus where he builds a fearsome citadel and establishes his own private fleet of fighter ships which patrol and terrorize his territory, they are known as the Screamers, after the horrific sounds their ships make.

Vahnnu’s son, Sehrgef, is given control of his own planet after he comes of age.

Vahnnu still uses the Screamers and his Army to control trade from plant to planet and to redirect all of the most valuable goods to his coffers. He squeezes the life out of the planets under his Barony, and even those that are not.

He still has an intense hatred for the Emperor and continues to work on plans to over-throw him and take the entire Empire for himself.

Stage 5: Plague Demon - Age 101

Vahnnu continues to grow more and more hideous. The left side of his face appears to slide off of his skull, and his body no longer resembles that of a human’s. He appears to be growing new limbs out of his back and sides.

Vahnnu leads his now-indestructable army to war against the Empire’s capital city on Thuldare-8. The battle is relatively short, but leaves Thuldare-8 in ruins and the Emperor’s stronghold a pile of ashes.

Realizing that he would never garner any public support as an Emperor (which he begrudgingly realizes one needs in order to remain Emperor), Vahnnu decides to install a puppet Emperor, his son, Sehrgef, who was a popular Baron in his own right in another Solar System. Sehrgef resists, telling Vahnnu that he is not like him, that he does not wish to rule by force and terror. But Vahnnu captures Sehrgef, and 3 months later, Sehrgef mysteriously agrees to the arrangement, but some noted that Sehrgef no longer seemed himself, his mind wandered, he mumbled to himself, and he barely remembered many of his closest family members, accept Vahnnu of course. Sehrgef also begins to show signs of the Grey-Plague.

Vahnnu was given the title of Prince, and became Vahnnu’s main adviser and military leader, as was Vahnnu’s wish.

It was soon after these events that many underground rebellions began to form, bent on ending the evil reign of Serhgef and Vahnnu’s New Thuldarian Empire. But the citizens of the Empire were continually bribed in order to extract information on the rebellion’s whereabouts and plans. For many decades, the rebellion was generally unsuccessful.

Mohrlan Kannaverk, is a well-known Space-Pirate, but not for his ruthlessness, but rather for his honor and his adherence to a Space-Pirate code re-vitalized by his father, Mohrdan, Vahnnu’s younger brother. He has become a Robin-Hood of sorts, raiding Thuldarian Transport ships, and distributing the booty amongst many planets that have been especially damaged by the new Empire’s taxes and tyranny. He has a loyal following of honorable pirates who continually, and miraculously escaped the wrath of the new Thuldarian Empire.

A group of rebels realize that Morhlan may be their only hope for over-throwing Vahnnu and Sehrgef. It takes quite a bit of convincing, but Mohrlan eventually agrees to face his Uncle and try to put a stop to his evil ways.

Mohrlan goes to Uah-Tsir to see if he can discover anything about Vahnnu’s past that may give him a way in to the Thuldarian strong-hold. Miraculously, Mohrlan discovers that Vahnnu’s Uncle, Ikfhad, is still alive! He is virtually the only person left on the planet, and has become a strange, old wizard of sorts who wanders the barren planet “gathering energy”. He explains that despite it’s appearances, Uah-Tsir turns out to be an abundant source of magical energy, which is stored in veins of a special type of rock that can be found poking out of the ground in many spots across the planet.

The two travel together to Thuldare-8 which has been rebuilt in Vahnnu’s vision. Mohrlan orders his small army of rebels and pirates to wait in hiding on a nearby moon.

When they arrive, Vahnnu is surprised to learn of his Uncle’s existence, but nonetheless jails both individuals upon arrival.

Mohrlan and Ikfhad manage to escape the prison. Mohrlan fights his way into a control tower and dispatches a large number of the sentry-ships posted around the planet to a bogus mission on another planet. This clears the way for Mohrlan’s Army to infiltrate the planet’s defenses.

Mohrlan eventually confronts his nephew, Sehrgef, who is now nothing more than a gibbering mess. Mohrlan easily dispatches him and moves on to find Vahnnu.

When he finds Vahnnu, he discovers that Ikfhad is already there. Vahnnu apparently has drawn upon some ancient, evil power, and has transformed himself into a demonic spider-like creature. The last stage of the Grey-Plague often involves the host transforming into some sort of hideous creature, but none as evidently powerful as Vahnnu.

Just when it appears that Vahnnu is about to crush Ikfhad and Mohrlan, Ikfhad instructs Mohrlan to take his sword, and cut his head from his body. Mohrlan hesitates, but Ikfhad explains that when he dies, all of the energy that he has gathered will be released from his body, and if Mohrlan cuts off his head, he can use his decapitated body as a weapon of sorts, to aim the energy flow which will be released through his neck (gross huh?).

Stage 6: Pile of Plague-Goo Age 121

The plan works, and Vahnnu is reduced to a pile of goo, never to terrorize the galaxy again.

The End.

Enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fucking amazing on both sides of the game, awesome topic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mutton- i love the way your brain works--very cool and original stuff--awesome story

moral: if you know a kid who hurts small animals and sets stuff on fire..GET THEM HELP

MY SITE
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHAHA

Ok, i didn't read the whole story (hey, is this a story contest? )...but i think this is one of the best entries yet...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, sorry about the long story. Got a little carried away.....

hehe.

So much amazing work being posted for this contest.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't appologize for the story, I read it all and liked it (maybe not so original but good anyway).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lots of fun! reducing a tyrant's biography to a 'creature life cycle' is an interesting point of view. This could be an exhibit in the Smithsonian Interstellar Institute.

great cross hatching and texturing, too.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.