Ucla|uci
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Ucla|uci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Ucla|uci

Hello.
    I'm planning on getting my BFA at UCLA or UCI [ depends where im accepted ] and then transferring to Academy of Art OR art center for my MFA in Fine Art//Illustration.

I do know that UCLA has a pretty good art program for a UC since a majority of them revolve around medicine/psychology or business.

I'm here for a professionals opinion and reccomendation.
    thanks
    Ashley

Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know about UCI, but I've visited the art and media arts departments in UCLA, and, honestly, I was not impressed. They do a lot of conceptual modern art stuff there (e.g. installations, crafty things), not hard core drawing, painting, etc. (you know, real art ). If you're interested in concept art, animation, and similar stuff, I don't think this is really the place for you (although, granted, there are plenty of awesome ateliers around).

The best thing to do would be to visit the schools you mentioned and see if you like them or not. =)

Hope this helps!

SSG Buddies
    Eerin | Hapun | Eromenos

Blog

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eerin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've heard pretty bad things about both too and have visited UCI. I'm pretty sure there isn't very much there with what I've seen and heard to be honest. Also heard ucla is very conceptual and someone who graduated from there said he learned pretty much squat and had to make up for it. It would be good to judge by the work you see coming out of there and work from the teachers. When I applied and was researching art at UCS though it was pretty difficult to find that. What sort of art are you aiming to do after school? And what is the MFA for? (ie teaching, more education)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.