More Painter n00b questions...

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

Talking More Painter n00b questions...

Fellas

I just recieved Painter 8 yesterday as a gift...

I only had a limited time using it...or i should say attempting to use it...

When trying to paint, i keep on drawing patterns(Bricks, leaveas etc.)...so far no matter what i've done, has been able to change that...Does anyone have any idea what i'm talking about and how to can i actually begin painting...

But this forum will be my new home for a few days as i attempt to learn the program..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Sounds like your jsut using the Hose/Nozzle tool, or the pattern pen. Just select a different brush icon.

Thanks
    bRyaN,

Open Painter 8 and in the Brush Selector menu, choose Restore All Default Variants (use Window > Show Brush Selector Bar if it's not already open). Unless you rearrange things, the Brush Selector Bar is located in the upper right corner of the Painter screen, below the main menu bar.

That will restore all brush variants in the currently loaded brush library to their original state, just as they were when Painter 8 was installed.

As Wacom Knight said, if you choose the Image Hose brush category, it will paint images from the currently selected Nozzle (the Nozzle Selector is at the bottom of the Tools palette - hold your cursor over the icons for a few seconds until their names are displayed).

If you paint with any of the Pattern Pens brush variants, color information will be taken from the currently selected Pattern (the Pattern Selector is at the bottom of the Tools palette - hold your cursor over the icons for a few seconds until their names are displayed)

Also take a look at the bottom of the Colors palette. If the Clone Color icon (looks like a stamp) is depressed, it will make the brush variant take color information from the currently selected Pattern by default, or it will take color information from another open image if the user specifies that image as the Clone Source in the File > Clone Source flyout menu by checking that image's file name.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Much appreciated guys, gotta chance to play with t some more, so i'm gonna get the hang of it...

onc again thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.