Sketchbook: Karein's Sketchbook - Page 3
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Karein's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love how that wood cut is coming along.. very clean work

and you're getting better in the last few posts with being sensitive with your lines, not using the same line for every element.. with that last portrait that was posted, be careful using very obviously directional shading, like on the forehead and cheek.. it flattens, and distracts from what we are really looking at...

seems like our group is slipping.. i think some ass-kicking is in order

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amarryth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to see someone work so hard and produce such lovely stuff
    Keep this rate up, you are improving alot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That wood thingy looks cool and different from the stuff you usually see on the forums. Don't forget to post pics of it when you'r finished with it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Strings, Thanks for stopping by I usually don't really venture out into different mediums, lol It's school work But it is teaching me to explore, because I am so surprised by the results I have always been a pencil and paper girl It's not really based around a particular short story, but that could be used lol. I just like it so far, moreso intuition than planning

I'm glad you like the wood cut Amrryth I'm kind of cheating, my brother is helping me a little lol. I'm not allowed to use power tools while my hand is still injured, so I do the drawing, sanding and painting My brother is studying to be a carpenter . Handy hey? I will try to watch that a little more next time as well, I was rather tired when I drew that. And I know what you mean about the group. It's getting slow. Maybe we should start nagging lol.

Thank you Rogerb, That is so lovely to hear It's made my night

Don't worry Imaginary, I will definitely post it when it is finished, and any new works like that

Anyhow, time for my actual update First up is the large masterstudy I am working on, I'm doing a Rembrandt, and Hand drew it so far ( Everyone else in the class uses transparencies. I kinda feel like a cheater if I do that, so I drew it.) Second is a Moleskine page, then an Illustration I am working on to go with the woodcut for school (Any tips/ suggestions for this piece?), and my first Lino cut in the progressive stages. We were supposed to get 20 done, but I only got 10 because my hand is still injured.

Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i would love to see you get more sensitive with your shading...... and stop outlining everything.. i know they're just sketches and underdrawings... but i would really love to see you set up even a really simple still life with lots of light and shadow and render the whole thing without using a line.. look at shapes instead, looking at dark and light and everything as one whole, and the relationships between those parts..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amarryth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    improvement since my last visit

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow Wonderful pencil drawing.......

----- I really liked all of your sketches & pencil works. Keep Drawing Mate..... Good luck.....

Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mag-Neo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your right Amarryth, I do tend to focus a little too much on line. I started this just after I read your comment, I don't know. A moment of a little tired inspiration maybe? It's just a candle that was sitting on my desk at the time, and I held my pencil completely different from what I would usually do, and only used the side of the pencil. I quite enjoyed it though. I will have to do more. I'll push this one more tomorrow night after school. Around 30 minutes so far.

HerrleerzeichenS and Mag-Neo, Thank you both

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a small update today, I've had so much homework lately it's ridiculous.

Another small pencil study of the Rembrandt work I am working on, and a few thumbnails of Completely random fantasy landscapes. I've never really worked on landscapes before, especially of the top of my head.

Time for bed now, I have a really nasty headache

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    looking good so far. You should use more sharper edges in your graphite works to bring out the focal point. Draw more from references and do a lot more studies, and youll get better before you even know it!
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there's a big difference there with that portrait, listen to what noodledoodle said, too... if there's a sharp edge, use it.. but take a serious look at everything around you.... what is outlined? nothing. there are differences, for sure.. but you're using line to separate different planes and tones... you're getting there.. and you're willing to take advice which is awesome!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to amarryth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NoodleDoodle, Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be sure to keep that point in mind from now on

Thanks Amarryth, I totally understand where you are coming from, but after being reliant on it for so long, it's proving to be an annoying habit to break lol. But I will keep trying.

Just a small post from today's life drawing class, the better of the works. All are two or three minutes. First is a charcoal representation of the shadow, and the other's are both Ink on a bamboo pen, where we were told to focus on line.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that outstretched leg on the last one.... that's a good one!! that's what you want to focus on with the line... try to stop using 'sketchy' overlapping lines when you are using lines.. think about line quality, thickness, and not just making a 'cut-out' of the figure.. notice how few lines you used to define that leg and foot and you still know what it is? YES!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know exactly what you are talking about Amarryth, It's just actually remembering it at the time. Thanks

Just a stress relief for me tonight, It's no where near finished, Have been working on it for an hour and a half so far. Just more focused on rendering at the moment, it really helps forgetting cruddy days lol. I will keep working on this over the next few days I hope. It's also a bit of a personal project. Get away from the school work and studies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that last one is really nice! make sure you watch the direction of your shading if you're going to tone with visible lines

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey don't be afraid to make those strokes longer! Ya its cool to have your brother to help ya out lol, but hopefully you can recover fully and be able to do whatever you want!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by guys, I'll try to keep both points in mind. And yes, Samuel, It would be lovely to be able to open a new bottle of drink again without having to ask someone to do it for me lol.

Just a little update today, I will probably be a little scarce over the next three weeks (Just letting the guys in my sketchgroup know) as I have my Mid semester marking, and the teacher's have laid it on extremely thick. *Sigh* I will however, try to keep checking your sketchbooks every day or two

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow - you have some great stuff here! (Really liked your self portrait thread by the way too!) Great studies! (and I gotta say - I think you just jumped up a notch - like a big notch here recently. Awesome!)

SKETCHBOOK

Daryl Zero: "A few words here about following people. People know they're being followed when they turn around and see someone following them. They can't tell they're being followed if you get there first."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'll agree with meticulous there.. it looks like you're doing all you can to take the advice of all the great people on here.. bursting through to a new level! love it! good luck over the next little while, you've proven to me that you're serious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Meticulous and Amarryth, really appreciated

Just a few little things that have an ok standard to them, Done mostly during this week. The workload is absolutely ridiculous, but I am getting through it bit by bit

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last stuff is cool! Try not to get too scratchy though. Sometimes it feels like you just put down the marks just to fill the space. Keep it up

dhchamp is offline wondering why i didnt born rich in a place where its always nice, warm and sunny Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha. love the bloody one in post 80. really fits my weird dark kind of moods sometimes.
    but the face in 74 is wonderfull. love the expression. your going strong but remember to have fun doing it. I always need to find the right balance in working hard and just letting it flow when it comes too keep my passion for it going strong. but that also might just be me and my bad concentration and constantly wandering mind XD.

Would love to see a minimalistic line drawing of a figure or so from you. tying to draw a figure with as little lines as possible without losing impact. great way to search for balance in your drawing. can make you really think about your lines. but sometimes it can just flow out of you withour effort.

but enough from me.
    have fun and good luck with your school work.
    tata

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by guys, but just to let you guys know, as I said in a previous post, my sketchbook is going to be a little bare just until the end of next week. I have my mid semester marking at the moment, So I have a lot of assignments to do right now. But when they are all done, I will be back to posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Karein View Post
    Thanks for stopping by guys, but just to let you guys know, as I said in a previous post, my sketchbook is going to be a little bare just until the end of next week. I have my mid semester marking at the moment, So I have a lot of assignments to do right now. But when they are all done, I will be back to posting
    ....and looking forward to those posts we are Great work Karein. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are a lot of really good studies here, nice and varied. The way you shade is pretty cool too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the life drawings and some of your characters. Keep up the work perseverance is key. And it's good to know that are other girls that hang out at CA like my self.

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey great work, i'm really liking the graphite sketches in the second to last update. there is a nice personality in all your work that comes across despite the diversity of style... keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your master cheif! and this one http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1237807237 it must have taken you soo long to do. Its my favorite medium thats proably why i like it so mutch !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Daemien and Izer for stopping by

Sanakris, I know what you mean, we are totally outnumbered here lol. But there are quite afew females around, you just need to find them

Thanks papervampire, I really enjoyed your work and it is lovely you stopped by

Thanks Collin, I'm glad you enjoyed both of them. This might make you happy though, I am about to post the finished painting of that door up lol. Don't know if I like it though...

Anywho, the door will be posted and my masterstudy. I'm quite happy in general terms of the masterstudy, but I do need to be more particular next time. It's a nice study, but it isn't really too close to the original I'd say. Oh well, it's only my first one, and I still think it looks nice. Both are oil works. And I can start posting again properly now, I had my submission day yesterday, so I shall be getting my work back in a weeks time.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1