Thanks

Need Help with Paper textures

I think I may have accidently deleted my default Painter 11 paper textures. I loaded some Painter 6 textures and now my painter 11 ones are gone and I don't know how to get them back. Can someone point me in the right direction to solving this? Wish Painter was more intuitive.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    This might help to check that they are not lost;

Open the Paper Mover - Window>Library Palettes>Papers and then from the Pull Down Menu select Paper Mover.

In the Paper Mover window click Open.

*Edit: See Jinny's post below* Navigate to [... your username]>App Data>Roaming>Corel Painter 11>Default and there you should see a file called Painter Papers.papers.

If you load that then you can move papers or you can close it, go back and load that file from Open Library... in the papers Window.
    Last edited by joeparis; March 22nd, 2009 at 06:47 AM. Reason: correction

Thanks
    NOTE to Joe: Please check to see if you find the default Painter Papers.papers file in the Painter 11 application/program folder's Resources folder as that's the file Eloth will need to load in order to have the default Painter 11 Papers library available to use. The file with the same name located in the Painter 11 User folder is actually the file for the currently loaded Papers library which may or may not be the default Painter 11 Papers library. Please let us know if you find it in the Painter 11 application/program folder's Resources folder or if it's in another Painter 11 application/program folder, tell us which one it is for Windows Vista. Thanks in advance!

Hi Eloth,

The path Joe Paris gave you is for Windows Vista and it's the path to the Painter 11 User folder. It's not the path to the Painter 11 application/program folder.

If you're using Windows vista, I believe you'll find the default Painter 11 Papers library in the same location as we find it in WinXP and Macs. See the two paths below.

If you are using WinXP or Mac, you should find the default Painter 11 Papers library file in the Painter 11 application/program folder's Resources folder located here:

Mac - Applications > Corel Painter 11 > Resources, the file named Painter Papers.papers

Windows - Program Files > Corel > Corel Painter 11 > Resources, the file named Painter Papers.papers

To load the Painter 11 default Papers library:

1. In the Papers palette menu, choose Open Library.

2. Navigate to the Resources folder (using the path to the Painter 11 application/program folder's Resources folder for either Vista, WinXP, or Mac).

3. Highlight the file named Painter Papers.papers, and click the Open button. Now the default Painter 11 Papers library should be loaded and ready to use.

#
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Sorry for the confusion. Ignore my message, Eloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    NOTE to Joe: Please check to see if you find the default Painter Papers.papers file in the Painter 11 application/program folder's Resources folder as that's the file Eloth will need to load in order to have the default Painter 11 Papers library available to use.
    Hi Jin, regarding your question, the answer seems to be it depends! The Painter Papers.papers file is in the Resources folder, it was the first place I looked (via the Start Menu). But when I tried to locate it using the Papers Window in Painter 11, I couldn't. It wasn't there. The Resources Folder wasn't there either or any other folder after navigating to Painter 11. This was why I went looking elsewhere and stupidly put down a path that would find my currently loaded Papers.

I tried again this morning and got the same. I was writing this reply and tried again but this time the path to the Painter Papers.papers was there! I don't know if it's a bug. There's always the possibility of user error (especially in my case) but I'm pretty sure the folder was not accessible some of the time. Maybe this is why Eloth was thinking he had deleted his file.

The path for Vista, by the way, is the one you have written.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joeparis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi Joe,

That's odd!

Is it remotely possible that when you used the Papers palette menu command Open Library, you accidentally navigated to the Painter 11 User folder instead of the Painter 11 application/program folder?

If you saw a folder named Default, that would be in the Painter 11 User folder.

When you have time, check again as you should see the Resources folder in the Painter 11 application/program folder. If you don't, I wonder if the Painter Papers.papers folder is in the Painter 11 application/program folder's Support folder or somewhere else in the Painter 11 app/program folder?

Good luck finding the default Painter 11 Papers library file as you'll no doubt need to load it some time.

Jinny

#
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey guys! Thanks for your replies. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the forums to email me when someone responds, so sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been using the papers that came on the cd, but they're still not the default. I'm using Leopard on a Mac. I also can't find the Resource folder :-(. I did do a spotlight search and the only file that I could find that was called that is in my library folder, but it is just the papers that I currently have loaded.

It's not really a huge deal since I have all of these extra papers, but I would still like to get my defaults back since i didn't even really get to look through them. Again, thanks for helping me out.

EDIT: I also did a time machine search and it wasn't there. I reinstalled and it still wasn't there. Probably because mac doesn't uninstall my library folder. Wonder if I should delete that too…?
    Last edited by Eloth; April 10th, 2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Added info.