Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: at the crossroads

Thanks
    stuff from the last lazy days
    self-portrait went wvery good till i had to do the eyes. actually the form of the head is correct, but the eyes give "me" a to childly appearance.
    i wanted to give the spider thing a metallic look.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    very busy days have to do a lot for school that sucks
    however i´ve drawon alittle bit yesterday( studied loomis drawing the head before-helped alot! )

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    it appears you CAN draw, LOL. you have so much stuff in here, i'd like to see some more detailed/finished stuff. Nice sketchbook
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    I love your black and white work, and the colour work is awesome, i really thought it was a real bannana, and post #113 is simply AWESOME!

Also love the mini studies you do from reference .. .WOW!

Please keep it up, as you can definitely draw, and its simply amazing, and more black and white work please!

Cheers
    Norris

Thanks
    thanks dudes. THAAAANKS
    i´lll do school stuff later
    stuff from today, no ref. used. i´m actaully pretty happy with the results.
    feeling good, i decided to do a selfportrait-an oh my god i totally failed.that sucks-the eyes are on different levels, why haven´t i seen it before-.-

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Philipp Scherer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    short update, all i´ve done today. weird day
    actaully i don´t want to start with the school works, so i stayed away from my desk

Thanks
    I had a fun time looking though your sketchbook, haha I can see your useing those photos I lent to you I'm thinking of searching for more soon. It's fuuny so far I have 3000+ images on my Ipod touch. Alot are just artbooks, comics and such.

Looking forward to another update, man this sites much better then DA Hmmm hope your feeling more even tommrow Glad you did something.

Cheers!

Thanks
    nice update mylady....how about some more intresting perspectiveeeeee????????
    miss you
    edit: sixth page? wtf, im gonna catch up soon

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jatherip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    wohoooo page 6 -fantastic..... isn´t it just another page?
    anyway, jakob you´ll never catch me miss you 2 :-*

heey dylan, thanky for your kind words adn for the ref-pic of course :-* i have used them more, but on paper, so i can not upload them
    . i don´t really like dev.art- its to much a contest of popularity, all these guys "hey, blablabla ...check out my gallery [link] ...don´t like that.

todays´stuff. finally started with the school work. so i only drew...erm 4 h^^

Thanks
    I agree with you about the shmoozing at Deviant Art.

I have a long winded suggestion for you to help capture the likeness better in your referenced portraits. Try doing one upside down, flip your reference and draw it that way...then when you are done turn things rightside up.

Each hemisphere of our brains is different and seperate, the left brain is analytical and calculating working like a computer to sort and organize. The right brain is creative, musical, whimsical. It has no concept of time, and its the perfect copy machine...when the right brain is controlling the fine muscles of our fingers and wrists to draw and paint we end up with something much closer to what we see in our minds eye or what we see right in front of us.

A lot of times the lines go in the wrong way, and angles get wrong because your left brain is taking over from your right brain - insisting that it knows what so and so looks like, it starts to ignore the reference and overpower your hand to put lines where it wants instead of where they should go. An example would be when drawing a chair from still life...your left brain says "hey thats a chair, I know what chairs look like." and it will flood you with a zillion different chairs just like if you were to google "chair". Even though the chair you want to draw is right in front of you.

Your right brain is less opinionated and is where most artists want to be to really get the image down from your source, whether it is photo or imagination or right in front of you.

Turning the reference upside down can make your left brain throw up its arms and give up because it has a tougher time recognizing it for what it is...allowing you to more easily draw from your right brain.

Another way you can achieve this is to cover most of the reference with a sheet of paper with a hole cut in it and only draw the bits that show through...moving the hole around to eventually draw the whole thing.

Take away the left brains ability to analyze, compare, sort and control by removing its ability to recognize the subject and your right brain will be right there to work its miracles.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomCardin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Villager: It's a witch, burn the witch!
    Hero: *Bang*
    Villager: That works to

Keep up the good work, hmm work, I better get back to work actually.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexEh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCardin View Post
    I have a long winded suggestion for you to help capture the likeness better in your referenced portraits. Try doing one upside down, flip your reference and draw it that way...then when you are done turn things rightside up.

Each hemisphere of our brains is different and seperate, the left brain is analytical and calculating working like a computer to sort and organize. The right brain is creative, musical, whimsical. It has no concept of time, and its the perfect copy machine...when the right brain is controlling the fine muscles of our fingers and wrists to draw and paint we end up with something much closer to what we see in our minds eye or what we see right in front of us.

A lot of times the lines go in the wrong way, and angles get wrong because your left brain is taking over from your right brain - insisting that it knows what so and so looks like, it starts to ignore the reference and overpower your hand to put lines where it wants instead of where they should go. An example would be when drawing a chair from still life...your left brain says "hey thats a chair, I know what chairs look like." and it will flood you with a zillion different chairs just like if you were to google "chair". Even though the chair you want to draw is right in front of you.

Your right brain is less opinionated and is where most artists want to be to really get the image down from your source, whether it is photo or imagination or right in front of you.

Turning the reference upside down can make your left brain throw up its arms and give up because it has a tougher time recognizing it for what it is...allowing you to more easily draw from your right brain.

Another way you can achieve this is to cover most of the reference with a sheet of paper with a hole cut in it and only draw the bits that show through...moving the hole around to eventually draw the whole thing.

Take away the left brains ability to analyze, compare, sort and control by removing its ability to recognize the subject and your right brain will be right there to work its miracles.
    Love this idea ...might just try it! Cheers for that,
    Norris

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Norris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    woooohaaaaaaa! i´m ardent! thank you very much tomcardin , again!

Dylan: XD awesome comment
    norris, try that out, very strange thanks for visiting

tried tom cardins suggestion out, nice idea, but the faces look awful!
    other stuff, i actually like the sketch more then the finished drawing. so i´ll upload it, too

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Philipp Scherer For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast