Art: Chapel in detail

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Chapel in detail

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Chapel in detail

Hi CA,

I built this environment using Maya. The textures were painted in Photoshop. I generated the normal maps and spec maps using Crazy-bump. I think this might be the most complete solo project I have ever worked on. It was a lot of hard work and long hours and I really learned a lot and had some fun. I included some detail shots of the textures and the objects in the environment as well as a page of my process, how it went from concept to painting to model to final render. I thought it would be interesting to show how it evolved over the months.

Attached Images Attached Images              
    For Science- Sketchbook!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For Science! Fantastic to see your kung fu in action. The alter is a good solution to fill that area where the carpet used to be that i can see on your concept. The Models seem pretty solid. really fun color scheme. overall i like the painted look to the scene, however at the same time i think your textures are the weak point. from small render i get pretty confused in the area that is just behind the altar in the green lighting for instance. there are some stones with really big shadows only on one side. then right next to them completly flat stone work. the transition is hard to read.
    This may be just my option, but none of the textures seem very 'deep'. the stone work expecially. try bumping up the darks in your crack and mortar areas for the diffuse, and the normals can really sell it further in those areas if pushed further. it may just be that i have a limited view with a small render but that's my two cents.

*The cloth textures are awesome. Jenga

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too bad the little dead guy on the bottom left didn't make it to the final version.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.