Thread: Wacom Tablets?

Thanks

Wacom Tablets?

Sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place...

I've known about these for a long time. I just got into drawing, so I won't be rushing out and buying one tomorow, but i'm curious as to how realisitc these things are. A digital pen sounds awesome, but at the same time it sounds to good to be true.

Does it work, semi-ok?
    Do they work just like pens?
    Can you change the width of the lines?
    Can you sketch?

And I noticed the different priced versions basicly have larger tablets. Are there brands or types I should stay away from?

Sorry for all the questions, any info would be great help!
    Signature made with 100% Recycled Binary.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    get a wacom intuos if you can. i have the graphire, not really pressure sensitive.

intuos is the best for most affordable

Thanks
    get a wacom. nothing compares. and yes they are pretty dang good and accurate. especially the newer intuous.. - chudds

Thanks
    There is no other option if you want to do digital work! Get the wacom intuos 6 x 8. It really does work as well as it sounds, just give yourself some time to get used to it. It will be awkward at first but then you will naturally grow into it. I wouldn't recommend going larger or smaller than the 6x8. I've used larger ones and they are too large. The size actually got in the way, plus they cost more. The 6x8 is perfect.

Thanks
    i have a wacom 9x12 intuous tablet and i love the size. i like the fct that i can really get my arm and shoulder movement into it with out be restricted by the size but thats just me...
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Thanks
    Its all preference. Some people can sketch with a Wacom just as they can on paper, while some of us have a hard time getting used to it. It is a great tool for digital painting, but for me and some others, we have to sketch on paper, scan it and then paint it with a wacom.

Thanks
    I bought my intuos2 around the time I started drawing, but it hasn't gotten much action since recently. at first it was truly awkward, I thought I'd have to return it and forget about digital painting (really). Luckily, I kept it, and I decided like anything, it takes practice. I love mine -- I use it sometimes instead of pencil / paper for drawing objects around the room.

Mine is 6x8, but only because I used the 4x5 Graphires at school -- otherwise I wouldn't have known

Thanks
    I got a 4x5 Graphire as a gift. I've used a friends Intuos and I could REALLY tell the difference. Roughly twice the pressure sensitivity makes all the difference in the world. However, if you have just started drawing, I would suggest concentrating on traditional media. The tablets are 'mimicking' the way traditional media handle. My pencils are pressure sensitive from 'no mark' to 'broken lead/ripped paper'.

Thanks
    i hate to sound like a broken record of the thread, but:

a) save up and get a wacom intuos, it pays. period.

b) you will find it awkward to move the pen on the tablet while not looking at it, but you will grow into it and it will become second nature.

i am of the group of people who can sketch conveniently with a wacom. i think it is mainly getting used to the different tactile sensation of the tablet versus graohite (etc) on paper.
    a friend of mine taped a sheet of paper over his graohire and from one moment to the next, his drawings were more controlled. i almost didn't believe my eyes when i saw the sudden improvement...