Sketchbook: Armed with a sketchboook, pencil and a cup of coffee

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Armed with a sketchboook, pencil and a cup of coffee

10/06/10-*Edit/update*(Like after 2 yrs later) Hello I'm a 19-year-old art major who just re-ignited my passion, ambition, and plans. So I hope(and will) to improve much before I hit 20. And this time I won't disappear as much ;D

Thank you for visiting and happy drawing!

Uh this page was 2 yrs ago so please move on to the last Onward to the future!----------------------------------->
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    03/19/09
    Hey I guess I'll start posting here. Kinda nervous to show my stuff. I haven't been able to finish things lately. So here's some sketches, thumbnails, and WIPs.

And thanks to jackpot_anjr90 at http://conceptart.org/forums/member.php?u=128221 for giving me confidence to actually post stuff. He has some cool stuff so check it out.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sanakris; December 30th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's this dude's little sister. Her monstrous hair is fun. I guess it's like a Venus fly trap. I'll color her soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thumbnails on a theme called "Ancient warrior."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Face doodles...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That venus fly trap hair is a cool idea. Her face look very old for her apparent age, though. If she's a little kid, you might want to think about making her head a little bigger, and moving the eyes further down. Kids are born with incredibly huge heads for their body size, and they are almost all cranium too.

Nice face studies. Are they from references? Photos, or life?

Got a couple minutes? Help me improve!
    My Sketchbook | Finished Illustrations

Elsewhere on the web:
    Behance | Deviantart | Steammachines | Mcthrill.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work. keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The couple one is based on a reference. And the bottom one is based off of a real-life friend.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff going on here! I like the style you have in that first post. My favorites would have to be the last two drawings though. My suggestion to you would be to do a ton of observational stuff and some anatomy before you get to comfortable with stylized drawing. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As jackpot mentioned just work your anatomy first and maybe some crazy dynamic poses Otherwise im really liking the venus fly trap hair and the ancient warrior poses look nice

- http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150776

LOOKING FOR MENTOR

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.
    - William James

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...I've been lazy with studies lately, so here are some doodles... besides drawing people I like

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Touch up on something old. And I promise this weekend I'll do some anatomy studies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually I lied... I forgot I did some studies in my sketchbook. They were referenced from posemanics. I think they took like 10ish-15mins each, can't remember.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice posemaniac poses! Anatomy studies will really enforce the figures you draw too. It's good to do the timed drawings on that website as well...they help a ton.
    By the way...you should definitely put a link to your sketchbook in your sig.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll do more figure studies for sure. And I finally added a sig.

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My character Mirage Grey, done in painter :3 It was one of my older sketches that I posted, but It turned out as really good practice.

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some characters that I made up except the the guy in black, he's a friend of mine. minus that girlish hands on the hip pose. And I have plenty of drawings that I need to finish up. So expect more from me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fleshing out of the Ancient warrior thumbnails. I still gotta decide how I want to do the legs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some studies...I felt that I was slipping and practiced on some portraits that I've found from flickr. And I did a Bridgman study too. I have some more posemanic ones that I did too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, nice start to the SB! Keep on drawing.. I like the first image you posted in the thread, it has a nice coloring to it, but as a criticism, it really seems kinda flat. You should work more on making your drawings have more depth to them, and that doesn't mean drawing shadows. It's more complex than that, but I'm pretty sure you can do it. Keep on drawing!

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by GriNGo View Post
    Hey, nice start to the SB! Keep on drawing.. I like the first image you posted in the thread, it has a nice coloring to it, but as a criticism, it really seems kinda flat. You should work more on making your drawings have more depth to them, and that doesn't mean drawing shadows. It's more complex than that, but I'm pretty sure you can do it. Keep on drawing!
    Thanks man. the concept of an object being 3D, is one of those things that I need to figure out. I'll work on the element of form. And I'll fix the emo guy and add more volume to him. Thanks again GriNGo. I'll fix em' and then update some more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some arm studies I've been working on from the book --Figure Drawing by Richard G. Hatton. The full body studies were done like last month from one of George Bridgman's book.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies! At this point it's a matter of staying consistent with how often you draw and try to keep everything you learn locked into your head. Do that and you're sure to improve at a quicker rate. I really like the bone studies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More studies...I realized that I need to do legs too. I do them everyday now. and I get faster and faster I see some results.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A character created awhile back. Inspired by steam punk style and she's a viking. Her name is Rota and it means 'she who cause turmoil' It was fun designing the arms. But I need to do some touch ups and finish the hammer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fixed some of the ancient warrior, his sword was tangent to the stair, so that's fixed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have improved since the fist post so mutch! i love your arm study's verry nice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some mock mafia dude. He has no face right now. I like the design but I'm gonna redraw it so he doesn't look out of proportion like he is now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seeing improvement! I like your concepts but make sure that when you render you follow the form instead of using straight lines which flatten out the image. But your proportions are definitely getting better

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -Collin6099 Thanks man, and I'll continue my arms studies and do some more other stuff.

-Jackpot_anjr90 I see now from your work that it is important to do studies. Imma do a lot more of them now

-Gringo and gmc9987 - thanks for the critique I can see what your talking about now.

-monkeyman478 thanks I'll do more dynamic poses and work on anatomy.

sandeepbarot - thanks for the inspiring words

And in that book I'm about to finish all of that arm section yay! and I'll move on to other parts of the body like arms and the whole body too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some character designs. The first version design is the one with longer pants. I prefer the first version over the second version. Except her facial expression. for And the blue pencil one is just a doodle which his right eye needs to be fixed.

Last edited by sanakris; June 16th, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4