Sketchbook: Armed with a sketchboook, pencil and a cup of coffee - Page 4

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 643 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely life drawings! Studies are always good and I've heard life drawings from models are just invaluable. So keep doing them for sure.

I think a thing to do with those would be to change the focus every session. For a couple of sessions focus only on life and getting good line drawn figures. Then move onto form, get form down with nice lines. Then add some rendering, so now you have line --> form --> light(rendering) and it's all building up. Other times only focus on the arm/leg/head etc and other times do gesture.

Just focus and get the most out of it then apply it in imagination.

You're doing great though. Very hard working and you're signature is true! Winners make it happen, losers make it happen. Just chose to be a winner! GO!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sipag! Keep em coming man!

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your gestures and proportions are getting so much better! I think what you need now is a greater sense of weight and gesture in those poses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update time

*Lilnebo thanks for the tips. I'll keep those suggestions in mind. I need to be a little more technical and focused with my approach. life drawing And the song on my signature is thomas phusion's keep goin' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB34_...ext=1&index=42 a very good song when your down or if you need some encouragement
    *Angry filipino I'll be a little more hard working and keep it going
    *jackpot thanks man. I'll work on gestures and weight. Which is real fun. This is a good book to look at to that shows a lot of good examples of gestures and weight.http://www.amazon.com/Force-Dynamic-...=18IKGJ6UJOBEN

The oil painting i finished a couple of weeks ago was a still life of all black objects with black cloth. Also here is the 98 swatches of hell. And the doodle of the anime girl i drew was to make fun of the way I used to wanted to draw. and more sketches

Attached Images Attached Images                    
    I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mores bridgman and loomis studies, manikin, gesture doodles, practices n' bleh stuff

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    randomness

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    last bit for now. I decided not to give up on the black countess idea, I still need to fix more things. And I colored the little anime girl with prismacolor markers and some copics.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep on working Sanakris, it's all about putting in the hours. Good stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you cdejong for the inspiring and kind words I need to put in the hours again.

Summer classes are done. Thank goodness. I barely survived again this semester. It's been about a month since I last updated. O.O; Here's some sketches and doodles I've been working on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the anatomy studies, as well as the life drawings. Also the steampunk-ish thingies just catch my fancy.
    Keep up the good work! Will be following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Mary-cherry-me! I have been following your sb too! Lots of different designs and concepts that I like too. Although it is no longer summer keep drawing any season! Happy drawing and best regards!

Recent stuff I have completed this past week I'll slowly fill in other sketches and stuff I was working on while I was awol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wips and sketches I'm currently working on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya! It's good to see how much you've improved since you first posted, keep up the good work

For the girl with the hammer(I'm presuming it's a weightless hammer?), make a model sheet so the hammer remains the same size in comparison with the girl. Consider either downsizing it or give it the ability to grow/shrink otherwise it'll take up unneeded space if you draw it in a comic, plus it won't look so stupid when she puts it down.
    Armed with a sketchboook, pencil and a cup of coffee

Here's a link with loads of tutorials/photo refs.

The anime girl has really unfocused eyes. This is a common problem I keep seeing. A good trick for getting this right is to take away the irises, then see if what direction the person is looking at is still recognisable.
    In your anime picture...less so. I traced over it quickly in photoshop:
    Armed with a sketchboook, pencil and a cup of coffee

Um, yeah.

Posemaniacs is a great site, but not very good for realistic weight distribution so you know.

When you use reference photos? This is a handy tutorial. Here's my favourite stock photos source.

Keep drawing! It's great to see you improve.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great improvement going on in here! Keep pushing, keep practicing!
    Also love your signature A lot of truth in it.

Help me improve my drawing skills by commenting my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, impressive work. Keep it up!

Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook, your posts have vastly improved since your first. Bridgman and loomis studies looks very nice. Your head studies a few posts back are also spot on! One critique I do have though, Is that while your shape of your heads are great, but I think you have a tendency to draw them a bit to big. Otherwise, keep up the good work!

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
    Matthew 7:3-5

Sketchbook

Email>>MRRhoades@rocketmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hihi! everybody happy winter! Just thought I had a break through moment with the last 2 digital paintings I had. Huge improvement between the two. I'm real happy with the new direction I'm taking!

Belarin Thanks for the in depth analysis of the works. And the suggestions to improve various mistakes. I'll keep portion in mind.

Thank you Surion I sometimes forget to remember these sayings myself You keep at it too. Don't give up.

Falchion aww thank you. will do.

Rhoades Thank you so much for the critique! I had never noticed it before...and your right the heads are way too huge. So I fixed it up for the newer pieces. And I keep it in mind now. Nice eye to catch that

err and more sketches and thumbnails are to come soon...real soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your last painting some nice improvements
    keep it up
    -Jamie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks OmertA! Glad you like it. I hope to improve with even the next one.

Happy New year! Around this time of year I get all nostalgic and review goals and accomplishments of the year. Sometimes we get so caught up with what we haven't done or need to do we lose sight of what we have done and achieved. So I'm listing some accomplishments from this past year.

Accomplishments

+The all white oil painting
    +The white ball and primary color cloths oil painting
    +All black oil painting
    +had a real life figure drawing class
    +Understood what truly is a gesture drawing
    +Achieved the goal of adding more dynamic anatomy
    +Got out of my 1 yr art slump, and rehabilitating well
    +Found which direction and genre I wish to do
    +Took a 3d and 2d design class and think about function and form well
    +Better figures and created some more diverse the poses
    +It's easier to deconstruct and draw an object than before.
    +Found my way with how I like to do digital paintings and actually liking to do them.
    +Changed wacom tablets and my traditional skills are have transferred over
    +I like to work with videogame ost when digitally painting
    +Tried 3d modeled and it was kinda actually cool
    -I got slower but quality is a bit better
    +Some great breakthroughs and some real epic heartbreaking fails and struggles
    +err there's probably more but I can't think of any more at the moment but there are lots more
    +To sum it up and above all~+Became a better artist than last year!~

Congrats to all who made it through the year and I wish everyone well. And don't punish yourself of what you haven't done this year but rejoice in the accomplishments and hardships that you made through. Cheers!

Here's a few other final versions of the veils piece without the green highlights, unfinished sketches and current wips. Which will ironically carry over to the new year. Oh well. I'm am being a better artist now and in the future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 4