Thread: A Thank You

Thanks

A Thank You

Well, this feels like kind of a strange thing to do.. but it is something I feel should be done.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to the powers that be on this web-site/board and also to the posters who regularly inpire me.

About a year or so ago I really started to feel like the direction I was going with my art was not leading me towards a desireable destination. Or, maybe a better way of saying it is: I was proud of what I had done but didnt feel like I was moving forward. Then, somewhere, I saw a link to the Thunderdome 2 contest.. which in turn lead me to this forum. I was really blown away by the talent that was on display here. Fantastic stuff..

Anyway, I found my head was filling up with new ideas and decided that I would submit something to that contest. Actually ended up submitting two pieces to that contest Very humble work compared to the fine work others had created.. but I felt really excited with what I had done.

Kept drawing and drawing.. coming back here and drawing some more. I have not posted much during this time but Ive been looking a lot. When I have posted though, the feedback has always been helpful.

I work as a graphic designer, and while it is something I love, I really feel like I would much rather draw all the time. Of course, who wouldn't I have had illustrations published in the newspaper/magazines or screenprinted on a tshirt. Very small-time stuff really. But now, I will have a number of commisioned illustrations to be distributed world wide. These commisions are not really huge deals (just a couple hundred dollars each) but they will be handed out at a tradeshow booth to art directors and designers all over the world with my contact info.

I feel like this small success was, in part, realized because of this board. Because of contests like the Tunderdome (I actually sold usage rights to my T-dome 6 submission to the same company who is commisioning these new pieces) and also because of the quality of work displayed here.. artwork that I learn from daily.

So, that is why I felt like saying thank you... Thanks for challenging me, inspiring me, and thank you for letting me learn from you.

I feel kind of cheesy, but..

Thanks!
    Last edited by oglzogl; December 14th, 2003 at 03:42 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I will also join you in this appreciation thread...everyone here has been very giving with their knowledge and insightful opinions...

Thanks to everyone who make this a special place to be and an excellent time killer when at work...

Thanks
    same here...i went away for a while but came back torn without a website or pants but still walking the line.

Thanks
    damn only 2 replys?

if it wasnt for this site i wouldnt have any diection (career wise at least) at all

thanks guys this place is awesome

and dont jason manley and android pay for this site by themselves?
    VERY mercenary

Thanks
    I'll add my Thanks in here. I think you guys have done a great deed for the art community. You should be awarded a medal for it. Thanks heaps! I wish this had been around when I was trying to learn art. I wish you long life and happiness. And all the best for the holidays.
    Art gives me a life of extreme challenge, frustration, accomplishment and contentment. Nothing less will do!

Thanks
    I have to say that this has been one of the best artistic resources I've found.

I had abandoned drawing for a number of years, then started to slowly go back to it, but it was fairly slow going until I found this forum.

I know I don't post all that often, and I haven't posted any of my drawings in awhile, but I keep coming back here to browser and learn.

Thanks alot guys, Jason and Andrew for hosting and paying for it, and all of the administrators and moderators that volunteer there time to help run the place.

Thanks
    If it weren't for Conceptart.org and the wonderful and inspirational people here I would be doing things that I hate just because I had been told it was the only way to go.

:chug:
    Wanted: 30 chinamen and a zeppelin for an elaborate practical joke... can you help?

Thanks
    I think we all feel the same, and considering it's the holiday season this is a good thread. So, cheers to everyone who helps this site survive everyday. I remmember meeting Jason a couple of months before he started this site, and he opend my world up to all the incredible artists who don't just create amazing art, but also inspire you with their humble and friendly attitudes.
    Good job you guys! Keep up the great work!

:chug:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.