Batch Image uploading for the forum
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Batch Image uploading for the forum

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Batch Image uploading for the forum

I am so tired of the uploading engine on conceptart.org, I tried to post my drawings from last two weeks today on my sketchbook, and it's more than TWENTY images. I don't know why I have to select copyright information for everyone of them. I don't need them protected, and the copyright information is all the same for every one of them. I wonder if we can have a image uploading system more like facebook's, selecting and inputing information for several files at once. It's gonna save me a lot of time. I can draw a lot in this time.

And how do you classify anatomy drawings and stuff? Generally i do it like Fine Art - Studies/Drawings or Figurative - Representational, or Sketchbooks - From Obsevation - Fine art/Personal.

Shouldn't we have something like Sketchbooks - From Observation - Figure Studies or simply Studies.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aaron Death For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I just wish the category/copyright stuff was optional. It'd be our own fault if we fail to protect our work, so there's no liability on the side of the site. Might be good reason to have it forced.

If that's impossible, then yeah, a multiple file uploader or as Slash suggested one time, the ability to have upload presets (copyright: Jason Rainville, Sketchbooks, observation etc) would really help out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 427 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I know my version of firefox caches my entries in certain fields (perhaps you can set this in your preferences) so thatI just have to type the first character in the field and it will auto complete the rest.

Maybe it will help speed things up for you.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 Times in 3,594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just think if you became mega famous overnight. Irritation now, might be valuable in the future.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yer I would love to be able to upload in batches, to input the cpyright info once for the whole lot would be great. Also It would save me having to sift through explorer for every new image. Facebook is a good example, you can select a large group of files to upload and it automates. Maybe something like that with the registra stuff tabbed on would be best.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We would love to get this implemented. My understanding is that Jason is trying to hire a programmer to do this kind of work.

If you hit the back button after uploading something, you can get all the same copyright info back that you just entered. For me, I right-click with my mouse and choose "Back" to get it to work.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by emily g View Post
    If you hit the back button after uploading something, you can get all the same copyright info back that you just entered. For me, I right-click with my mouse and choose "Back" to get it to work.
    That's awesome. Thanks~

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,575 Times in 2,184 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    its not just for copyright stuff...it organizes all our databases so art can be easily found. eventually we will have more goodies for uploading images...just not yet.

people want more tech? support the downloads. programmers are expensive and ca needs your support.

jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you guys are gonna do some more work on the uploading, it would be better if one could upload a picture once and use it in several posts, as mentioned by people earlier.

It'll draw less resources and be better for the site.

(Very often things made for the weekly challenges, DSGs and other various challenges, and things posted in FF also ends up in their respective SBs and/or Critique section.)

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorknes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 516 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Is it really that much of a burden to spend the 30(?) seconds it takes make your piece of art available to the entire world? ...for free?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hear hear! Photobucket's batch uploader works pretty good. Something like that would be good!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We would love to get this implemented. My understanding is that Jason is trying to hire a programmer to do this kind of work.

I tried that several times, sometimes, it works great, sometimes, all my uploads disappeared, sometimes, I returned to a blank page. Oops. Dunno if it's a problem with my Chrome.

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great tip, Emily!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorknes View Post
    If you guys are gonna do some more work on the uploading, it would be better if one could upload a picture once and use it in several posts, as mentioned by people earlier.

It'll draw less resources and be better for the site.

(Very often things made for the weekly challenges, DSGs and other various challenges, and things posted in FF also ends up in their respective SBs and/or Critique section.)
    THIS! I feel so guilty when I post in my sketchbook something from the critique section

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Death View Post
    I tried that several times, sometimes, it works great, sometimes, all my uploads disappeared, sometimes, I returned to a blank page. Oops. Dunno if it's a problem with my Chrome.
    Your list of uploads may not show if you hit the back button, but they are still there. After you are finished uploading, click on the paperclip button to get a drop-down list of all the attached files, or look under the post edit box in the "Attach Files" section.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Your list of uploads may not show if you hit the back button, but they are still there. After you are finished uploading, click on the paperclip button to get a drop-down list of all the attached files, or look under the post edit box in the "Attach Files" section.
    I noticed Aaron said Chrome. Google Chrome is rather sensitive with VB. I noticed it will often give a "confirm resubmission" page if you hit backspace. I often look at CA through different browsers to see what issues pop up. That one I noticed with Google Chrome, it doesn't like to allow the Back function on forms, or doesn't do it very well.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, thanks for the info, Arshes Nei.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.