Sketchbook: Sketchasarus Rex- Rawr - Page 29

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Ack! What happened to your arm, was it strain? Have you tried heatpacks? I hear heat's better for strains and so on, where ice is better for injuries where the skin's broken.

Your drawings have a lot of gesture and character to them. Sorry I don't have any crit! Just wanted to pop in and say, keep it up! You obviously work very hard.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Great sketches, I love your posing!

The7Artist7 / Umbravita just workin too hard. My current project is very tedious.
    The heat from my cintiq is nice lol. At least we're almost finished the project. I think I just need a vacation

Thanks DoubleThink

Name:  SB14_013jpg.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  240.4 KBName:  SB14_012jpg.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  127.5 KB

5. Love these latest.

Aw, I hope your arm get's better soon! Vacation sounds good after a big project. Get some rest and recharge your batteries =)
    I like to see always so many sketches around here. So many different expressions, gestures and characters! That's cool. And I like these little ghostly/waterdrop/elemental whatever critters. I can't describe them properly, but they are cute!
    I wonder if you could run even more wild with the exaggerations... But I don't know if you would like it. It just watched some sketchbook-vids on Youtube and it's amazing what some guys do who work with comic styles. Like Will Terrell and Chris Ayers. It's only a thought of mine that it might be interesting to see what happens if you push your work further. But it may just be a thing of personal taste for you and curiosity of mine.

thanks View3onic

JuliaMetzger - I love trying to push my stuff more, thanks for the artist suggestions - One of my biggest problems is I'm super left brained. When I'm stressed out I always revert back to structural stuff. It also varies based on the project at work, and the current one is pretty ridged.
    We're in the last days of this big project, so I will be back to just 1 project soon lol! hopefully I can get some more fun stuff done

Name:  SB14_014jpg.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  155.8 KBName:  SB14_015jpg.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  128.8 KBName:  SB14_016jpg.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  216.8 KB

I always like how you have very fluid and dynamic poses. I always struggle with gestures, also, How does the color studies you were struggling with

*** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

thanks Flashback, haven't done many studies at all for the past month because I've been working all the time.

I have a brace for my hand now, and It's really helping, was able to draw a good bit yesterday. I find my proportions are really hurting, and everything is coming out skewed. I haven't been practicing enough, and I've been working too hard lol!

I really want to get better at composition and story boarding. I want to get better at everything >.< I need a nice long vacation from drawing FX all day so I can draw all day!

Name:  SB14_018.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  366.1 KBName:  SB14_017.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  183.6 KB

Your characters have such sweet expressions, just had to say Lovin the houses too, you make me want to practice perspective harder hehe

I really enjoy your sketchbook!
    I haven't really seen all of it (it's a very long one after all )
    I really like your cartoon characters and environments because I am actually very fond of children book illustration style
    The little adorable characters you drew in blue ball pen are really fun and heart-warming.
    I can't wait to see it when you do storyboard

Thanks Minella!! You can never do to many perspective studies!!

Thanks Ichallas - Illustration is also on my to-do list. I want to try so many things I rarely finish anything >.< I need to work on that too lol!

Ever feel like you're getting worse? I really should rest my hand but I'm an addict.

Name:  SB14_020.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  212.5 KB

just keep drawing... just keep drawing..

Name:  SB14_021.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  224.9 KB

First step towards leveling up my story boarding. Spent about 2 hours sketching out the first 5 and a half scenes from Hunchback of Notre Dame.I was working on regular printer paper so pretty small and loose. Made me want to do some longer background studies- those long shots are crazy.
    Also too lazy to remove the tiny image from the first picture lol.
    Name:  SB_HB2.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  376.7 KBName:  SB_HB1.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  352.9 KB

Comp studies - and some warm up for-fun faces. first 3 are from Mulan, a few loosly based off random internet browsing- the last bunch I just found compositions I liked and tried to draw something unrelated using the same basic layout.

Name:  SB14_022.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  175.5 KB

Nice storyboarding Rhubix, you wrote that you drew it printer paper did you toned it?

*** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

Flashback - The boards are a study from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, so I can't take any credit for their awesomeness! They were done on paper and edited in Photoshop. I would do one background for a series of panels and draw the poses for the character separately.
    My next study won't be from the beginning of anything - too many big epic scenes haha.

When the server is slow I doodle:
    Forgive the weird pixilation, this was drawn on the back of my production notes and the words showed through haha had to chew them out for NDA.Name:  SB14_023.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  291.9 KB

just keep sketching... just keep sketching...
    Quick gestures,
    Some more film studies- Spirit Canoe
    and blew up a couple of the thumbnails I did the other day.
    Name:  SB14_026.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  148.7 KBName:  SB14_025.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  254.6 KBName:  SB14_024.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  190.3 KB

Awesome works! I really like the facial expressions and character poses from the last pages. I was following your progress while I had my old account over a year ago ... great to see that you have improved so much since then!

I am so freaking jealous of your stuff, oh my god ><

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

Cool new stuff. Love what you did with the developed thumbs.

How is your hand feeling?

Just got a new tablet pc (cintiq companion) because working at computer desk was killing my shoulder really bad. Keep your drawing healthy!

-----------------------------------------
    My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...234403&page=10

StephanDraws - thanks. Why did you start a new account? I think it's fun, if not slightly embarrassing to have one long sketchbook - When ever I need a pick me up, I go back a few years.
    V3T - Thanks ^_^
    Whirly - Hand is getting better. Still a bit weak, so I haven't been doing a lot out side of work. Definitely on it's way though, thanks for asking
    I've checked out the cintiq companion but it's too heavy. My lower back is much worse than my arm so I try to carry around as little weight as possible.
    Once the weather gets more agreeable I'm going to pull out the paper sketchbook and get some real life sketching done. So done with winter!!

Name:  mar18.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  154.0 KBName:  march29.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  305.7 KB

Your characters in the last post look great! I absolutely love the last 2 environments in #857 - takes my mind places!

Sketchbook - freakmod wants to learn how to draw really well

Sexy environments are sexy! More!

I somehow missed the opening storyboard of Hunchback! One of the best Disney openings as well as song. "Hush! and Clopin will tell you, a tale of man ... and a monster!"

-----------------------------------------
    My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...234403&page=10

The usual BAD ASS stuff, I love the storyboards you have, I have been away in peru for 6 month,
    opening up your page, others included was a pain in the ass. So I just posted my stuff, in case of
    losing my sb. Anyway, I am learning and learning, thanks to you, you gave me this color tool.
    I use it quite often, actually right now for my xmas card !

Did you get a Cintique companion in you hands, how was it, do you like this new toy from wacom?

Sketchbook - . Showreal - . Commission me - .

*critique* advice* help full links, is appreciated*

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Members who have read this thread: 139