Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketchasarus Rex- Rawr

Thanks
    wipName:  sketch20.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  285.7 KB
    Last edited by Rhubix; December 24th, 2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhubix View Post
    I wanted to try and learn to paint metals so I've started painting some of my little creatures. I'm still too wimpy with my highlights and shadows.... Need to man up!
    hey i love all your creature and animal style

i want to get that good some day !

how did you learn to make stuff like this? and how long have you been doing this stuff

i would want to do stuff like this for fun but wouldnt know where to start

also what would you say is the thing that contributed the most to getting so good? thanks
    Last edited by roogoo; December 25th, 2012 at 03:37 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to roogoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks RooGoo ^_^. It's funny, no matter how much you learn you'll always find someone out there further ahead than you, or better at this or that. I always try to look at other artsts work and keep motivated to get better all the time.
    I've been drawing my whole life (I was one of those draw on the walls toddlers,) lots of people seem to drop off after they hit 13 or so, but I never stopped drawing, its' all I've ever liked doing.
    I went to animation school for 4 years. this SB starts in mid-college.
    There's really no one thing that I feel has helped more than any other, but the biggest things are life drawing classes, and time focused on really pounding in perspective. I never expected my figure drawing to benifit so much from all those cars and environments I did- - but I really gained a lot of confidence from them. I'll drop by your sb and see what I can suggest.

This stuff started out as the usual figure doodles, - turned into some composition squares- and devoloved/evolved? into drawing things I could see from my desk - which finally resulted in my whole desk. --proportions may not apply lol!

Happy assorted winter holiday sketching everybody!!

Name:  sketch21.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  449.8 KB

Thanks
    cool thanks for the info. im really new to everything relating to art. im 20 and ive never drawn or anything artistic at all i always hated drawing because i had no natural talent at all for it but until a few months ago i found out i really love animation and started pursuing it. ive been doing everything i can to get very good at the foundation and gesture drawing is something i MUST master! i love to draw now because after reading tons of drawing books, i can finally draw something better than a stick figure ! but still not good yet

also your animal /creature drawings are inspiring and motivates me to draw more! animals and creatures are my most favorite things
    i always get awesome ideas in my mind and i want to create creatures but then when i draw them down they dont look anything like i wanted it to cuz im still new to drawing haha

whats ur advice to someone new to art, how can i become more creative? should i just keep drawing like crazy everything i see that i like?

i wana be able to create awesome stuff like that turtle octopus in ur avatar !!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to roogoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey great stuff here! Really like the characters, also love the vibrant colors in your paintings. something i personally struggle to get, even when i get it, it looks all over the place. Its working well together in your paintings.
    all the character sketches have great personality to them. Although i feel you need to work on proportions in some of them. So Probably you will gain from some figure studies.
    The animations are coming out good. I Especially like the skip one ,hehe. Kick off is nicely done. In the baseball one. i think it would have been better, if the guy who throws the ball(pitcher? Sorry i dont know what is he called, I dont know baseball ) had a side view as well. Or maybe a change of angle of the guy who is batting from side to view. This would help in connecting the scenes. Again its just a thought.

Those landscape maps look awesome. D: Really dig the colors. More of those please! and rendered characters too!

Keep sketching and Happy holidays
    sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sin eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey great stuff here! Really like the characters, also love the vibrant colors in your paintings. something i personally struggle to get, even when i get it, it looks all over the place. Its working well together in your paintings.
    all the character sketches have great personality to them. Although i feel you need to work on proportions in some of them. So Probably you will gain from some figure studies.
    The animations are coming out good. I Especially like the skip one ,hehe. Kick off is nicely done. In the baseball one. i think it would have been better, if the guy who throws the ball(pitcher? Sorry i dont know what is he called, I dont know baseball ) had a side view as well. Or maybe a change of angle of the guy who is batting from side to view. This would help in connecting the scenes. Again its just a thought.

Those landscape maps look awesome. D: Really dig the colors. More of those please! and rendered characters too!

Keep sketching and Happy holidays
    sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    you're really busy around here! So many sketches to see =) I'm kind impressed of the animation tests. Aren't they very difficult with such dynamic actions? I like skip and kick off very much.

But looking trough your sketches, I notice that many of your characters seem to miss some parts of their upper head and the back of the head. Sometimes it does work like it is because of the cartoony style, but not always. It's even more obvious in (semi-) realistic sketches. Just keep an eye on it =)
    Nice to see you doing even some environments! I just notice, that the trees in your WIP have a lot of curves pointing in the same direction. That gives me some "dancing trees"-feeling. I don'T know if that is your intention

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliaMetzger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Damn you're working hard man : D You're really starting to develop you're own style which is always great! Keep rocking.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Papu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Roogoo

Sineater- thanks ^_^ - for the baseball thing, I'm really glad there are storyboard artists out there. I've never been good at shot compositions. As for proportions, I've been trying to push my cartoons into more exaggeration I seem to be caught somewhere close enough to realism to look incorrect lol - I'll keep working on it.

Valyavande - good call on those dancing trees! I didn't realize I'd made them all so similar. I'll have to hop in there and squiggle in a less predictable way

Thanks Papu.

Random doodle things:
    Name:  sketch22.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  133.4 KBName:  sketch23.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  418.7 KB

Thanks
    fixed up the trees and started masking.
    also more shading doodle stuff.
    Running out of holidays! not looking forward to early morning on Monday!
    Name:  sketch25.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  244.5 KB
    Name:  sketch24.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  96.7 KB

Thanks
    Hi Rhubix!

Thanks for checking out my sketchbook! I'm excited to see live, on-the-spot, drawings here in yours, too! It seems like I haven't seen a whole lot of these throughout the sketchbook threads, and mine haven't really been commented on until now, so I was starting to think that the community wasn't that moved by this type of sketching... it's great to see more!

I'm loving your animation designs, too! Animation is very much about "less is more," isn't it? And that is so hard for me! But your work looks effortless - Fantastic!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to angieb. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Amazing sketchbook. Rather heartening to see a sketchbook that is stylized all the way through.
    I want to become a 2D animator. I find Maya complicated and frustrating, though my college focuses mainly on 3D modeling. Still in my first year, so we'll see how it goes.
    I am enjoying your sticking to cartoony styles though. I want to keep at a less realism style, and wish to develop a skill for a more cartoony one a bit like yours

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TagoTarTogus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hi Angieb. - I love sketching out and about, I really should do it more. - about animation - I never really thought 'less is more' but now that you've said it, it's a good summary. I practice drawing this way pretty much all the time so I have a lot of trouble switching to the more complex, illustrative style a lot of the folks on here employ We all have our strengths I suppose.

Thanks TagoTarTogus - thanks - I really hated maya too - I did 1 year of 3D at school - but my main problem was I love drawing, and 3D takes that away from me. The important thing to remember if you want to be a cartoonist is you still have to learn the fundamentals- perspective, figure drawing, anatomy, form - all that stuff is still super important. I don't have a tonne of traditional stuff in here- but I just finished 3 years of life drawing + perspective, anatomy & all that jazz right before I started this sketchbook. Lots of new cartoonists think you get to skip it - but you don't

Coloured my foresty drawing- I think I've done worse lol
    This is me when I try to colour things (cuz I'm colour blind lol fml):

Name:  dogscience.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  sketch26.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  461.7 KB
    Last edited by Rhubix; December 29th, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast