Thanks

Triumph sketchbook

Well, hello! Welcome to my sketchbook thread, here i will try to upload my not very daily sketchbook pages. Inspired by SinixDesign, an old member ( if you don't know him, go check out his YT chanel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sinixdesign ) who is showing his sketchbooks on a video series. A little bit about me: My name is Lucas, and i'm from Rio, Brazil. I draw for about 3 years, but the last 2 months i droped the dream of work with it. I'm going to do Civil Engineering as a major next year, so i need to study for the exams. Drawing turned from my main goal to a hobby. But i don't want to stop drawing, so i bought this sketchbook, it's A4 and have's 80 pages.

On the latest pages i decided to draw only with pens. I'm using the cheap Uni Pin's. What i need to improve:

Fill the pages up. I do a few drawings and go to the next one. This is bad.
    Need to find more interesting and different things to draw, my subjects are always the same. Get ou of the confort zone.

Update 1:
    Finaly I figured out how the attachment manager works, and now I have a thumbnail!
    On the next posts I will scale the pages down a bit, the resolution is too high.
    Attached Images Attached Images                          
    Last edited by Triumph; May 26th, 2017 at 08:01 PM. Reason: thumbnail update

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Two days, two pages. I'm okay with that. I should probably stop drawing faces, and do more anatomy stuff. I think i'm getting better with just the pen thing. My lines are getting more precise, but i noticed that when i get the nose wrong, the whole face looks like shit.

Sometimes i feel that just drawing with pen is a stupid idea. But at least it looks awesome on the paper.

The first page its a complete mess. Just doodling arround, not thinking much. If you want to get better, don't do that.
    The second one is better, i like how it tuned out. And, i feel that it's not looking empty, i tried to use all the white space that i could. But of course it could be better. See you next time!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    I like your sketchbook! You have a really sharp artist's eye. Your drawings are very graphic and flat. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but you might try to grow by trying to do volumetric things: Cubes, Cuboids, Cylinders, Cones.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny Dark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, I like what i'm seeing keep going man.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ibasaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Dark View Post
    I like your sketchbook! You have a really sharp artist's eye. Your drawings are very graphic and flat. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but you might try to grow by trying to do volumetric things: Cubes, Cuboids, Cylinders, Cones.
    Thanks Jonny! After reading your coments I jumped back in my sketchbook looking for what you said, and you are right. I need to study volumes and explore things in 3D. But represent volume with just a pen is harder then with pencils, because you can't represent value with pens like you do with a pencil. But I will figure out a way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by KemoWasabi View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I like what i'm seeing keep going man.
    Thanks! This really inspire me to draw more and more.

Thanks
    So, 2 more pages. This first one was a complete mess. I wasn't focused. The second page is better, i'm finally getting confortable with the pen. It's not so hard to draw with it anymore. But, it's just faces again and again... So the next page i will study volume. Maybe some industrial design ( not that shitty flat Caterpillar that i did on the first page).Name:  16.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  281.4 KBName:  17.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  324.0 KB

Thanks
    *A few months later*

Oh, hello! I actually forgot that I had this thread. In this little hiatus I went through a existencial crisis if i should keep trying to do art or just move on. It turned out that I can't, even when i'm doing something else I still think about drawing or how to get better. It's weird because art wasn't a thing in my life until 3 years ago, and now its my main objective in life. Well, let's stop with the sentimental text and go right into the drawings:

This one was my first drawing after some weeks of nothing:
    Name:  test1.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  68.3 KB

Name:  katana.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  colorstudy1resized.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  101.9 KB

Name:  necropoliswip4resized.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  109.3 KB

Name:  facestudyresized.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  141.7 KB
    Last edited by Triumph; September 4th, 2017 at 10:36 AM.