Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    You have excellent control when using form on your cartoon characters and your figure studies are going brilliantly,

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,439 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Apologies for not replying sooner. I've really enjoyed looking through your SB, total joy. One thing I did notice is that you draw in a totally non gender specific way, and that is so rare.

On the final pot luck picture the purple elephant has an orange arm. Not sure if that was intentional.

Thanks
    Thanks Sushy
    Your right MeteorCat - for some reason I don't do many illustrations. I'm either animating or doing studies... don't know why.
    Thanks Rishima
    Black Spot - Thanks for the comment - I try not to peg myself into any particular style or habits. I have an illusion that I'll learn more that way
    The colours for the pot luck were just random confused stabs in the dark lol. Trying to figure out what to do with it. Colours are my biggest biggest weakness.

Today's offering to the CA gods are some random studies from DA wanderings- no artist in particular, just exploring body shapes.

Thanks
    some location studies

Thanks
    Today's dump include some warrior shape exploration
    random doodles
    some looks into different ways to go about skin after...
    random character portraits.
    Having one of these episodes ->

Thanks
    Well I'm having one of these episodes: So there. You may be feeling discouraged but it doesn't show, you keep churning out some good stuff. I like that you're actively trying to avoid falling into the sameface/same body trap, and it's working.

I haven't been to DA in forever, is there actually still art there good enough to do studies from? Boggles the mind... I thought surely it had devolved entirely into My Little Pony pregnancy-fetish fanart by now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littlebones For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Littlebones - the secret to DA is finding 1 good artist and looking through their favorites folder to other good artists. People tend to like things similar to their own style, so if you find a good comic artist, they probably have lots of good comic reference in their favorites folder
    or pregnant MLP.... and sonic love triangles.
    Here's the painful mess I've been struggling with. 2 steps forward 1 step back yo!
    time for some simple animation studies- I think

Thanks
    You're sketches are looking really really good. You can tell that your anatomy is very accurate and that you have an excellent grasp on things!

I enjoy your style very much, it's nicely versatile.

You're paints are also very promising, perhaps work on textures, photoshop brushes and colours/lighting to give the paints a boost? Finishing touches? Finer details? It would be really good to see how finalised and depthy your characters would look then

I like the animation a lot but animation completely bewilders me so I can't comment furthur. How many drawings did you have to draw for that short animation?

Thanks

you'r the maaaaaaaan_you'r the maaaaaaaan_

...... . YOU- ,

. ,,. .,.

Thanks
    your style cartoon are really great; cool animation too
    you work hard

Thanks
    Some very cute characters with great expressions here! I love the animation too. The pointed finger is very expressive.
    Also like the environment thumbs / studies you've done. And when I look to through the pages I see great improvement.

I don't really have any crits. Maybe study some color theory? Gurney's book "Color and light" is AWESOME! I've only read it and not actually studied from it yet though.

Thanks
    So many good updates since the last time I've checked out your sketchbook! I really love the skull studies you did. The are just filled with emotion! Your studies are really getting better too. Nice work with those silhouettes, as they are varied and different from each other. Keep up the great work!

Thanks
    hey, thanks for the comment and tips in my SB! Really nice studies and cartoons.
    sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    KateyParr -thanks for all the comments All your advice is spot on. - the last animation has about 175 drawings in it -and took way too long because I kept redrawing hands over and over and over. >.<. It's a lot of work, but a very rewarding experience to see your drawings come to life.
    Iven - lol thanks for that.
    Kapri- colour kicks my ass (comes with the colour blindess) I really do need to sit down and dedicated a few studies to it exclusively... I just keep putting it off to do fun stuff >.< so fail.
    Aresa, Towy & Vertical- thanks for the comments

My 11 second piece encouraged me to do some simple timing studies so here ya go:

Thanks
    Really loving the efficiency of the line work in your anatomy studies! Your work is beautiful and imaginative in general. I loved paging through it and I hope to see more soon!

Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast