Sketchbook: Sketchasarus Rex- Rawr - Page 25

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Cabbage Caterpillar- my sketchbook is definitely my fun place - I work too much right now to put any real time into study- so I just do what ever seems fun at the time. sometimes it's painty stuff- other times it's perspective stuff... I really don't have a plan

Thanks Tea of Doom- - for line work I also recommend drawing on the bus. if you can do that half way good, drawing at a table is no problem. I'll put your suggestion on the to-do list, though I donno if I'll ever figure out that colour stuff!

thanks House Hatke - cartoons are my favorite

Jedininjaman- Should my sketches ever find context I will definitely post them

Lightship69- glad to see you're still kicking around! you've been such a slacker lately .

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know!! I know its a man thing! lol

Loads of effort and then stop! ha ha ha

I wasnt sure what was going on here to be honest, I sort of got the feeling that the place was imploding and so lurched into facebook to see how efective it was at getting you out there. I have now gotten myself a new form of electronice harrassment! lol

Are you on there? PM me with your details I want you as my buddy!

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh, Lightship - Don't get me started on men ;P

I was crazy busy last week- and wasted a whole weekend on errands and minecraft (I'm the coolest person!!)
    Super excited about 50k views though

Attached Images Attached Images      

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhubix View Post
    Super excited about 50k views though
    jaysus. How many of those are yours, though? I know my views of my own SB have gotta be at least 1/4 to 1/3 of the total.

Those are purdy buildings in the top post. Were those for a project or just messing around?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to diamandis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my SB, I love your character doodles, especially that Gaston looking face 5 pictures in. Keep up the good work!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dyeonyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great updates, always great sketches! =]

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

12. The Following User Says Thank You to V3T For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya! I guess I forgot to thank you for all the help with my portfolio, so thank you . Looking through your recent stuff compared to the stuff before I can notice it is getting more rhythmic and the line of actions get more and more clear and defined so good job! I have to say that the buildings on post #721 looks sweet, I don't know it feels like a fusion of sci-fi and fantasy(ancient alien monument? or perhaps a creation of the elven race in the future .)!

Congratulations on the 50K views! Happy sketching and make sure you keep updating, I really love seeing your sketches.

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    50K Views and why ?? Because youre worth it!! lol

To be honest yeah I have been slacking off on the art front, I couldnt tell you why though, just havnt done anything of note really. Just excercises ansd practice, boring stuff!

all the best and see you soon

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Game of the day! I get lots of comments on my line work- here's the trick of it.
    I did a lots of stuff, not just in my sketchbook, but it will talk about it. Well what can I say,
    I love your SB very much so,.....I wonder what kinda tablet pc do you use(mac/pc), if you have one.

I am fine with my cintique 21 but I am always thinking of a tablet pc!?

Sketchbook - . Show Real - . Commission me- Online Shop - .

*critique* advice* help full links* paint overs, highly appreciated !

Submissions accepted;"DRAW THE CHANGE you want to see in the WORLD!"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Rhubix, loooong time. You seriously are the coolest! Congrats on teh 50k, and for holding down that star rating. Also, I don't think you can spam your own view count. I could be wrong, but those are 50k of other rad peoples flocking to see what you make, and well deserved. I missed your SB and all the super clean sketches in bunches and these really lovely buildings and landscapes that are beginning to really come together and I also like to see you painting, screw those lines. Painting is whats up! haha. I had seen these sorts of things earlier in your SB, and always wanted to see you cook some more up. I know you have a full plate, and knock on wood for that! I'm happy I'm back and CA.org appears to be working(again) for the time being(again). Adios!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to I STRaY I For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    diamandis -haha I usually keep my own SB open, and I restart my comp once a week so surely no more than 5k are mine ^_^. those buildings were just something to do. Everything in my SB is for fun or practice unless otherwise posted.

Dyeonyx, V3T thanks

kamikazel33t - you're more than welcome never be shy about asking for a critic. . Line of action stuff is because of the show I'm working on. The posing and reference for it is really cool stuff, and I'm learning a tonne. Scifi/ fantasy hybred was exactly what I was thinking when I drew that- I'm so glad it came across .

Lightship69 - thanks Mr. I've been slacking off a bit too - just gotta hop back on the old bandwagon. And even if you're only doing boring stuff it's good to post it. I find it motivating, and you never know where someone can offer a bit of advice and it will sink in.

Iven - keep at the line work -it really pays off over time, even if you only do 5 minuets at a time. I recently picked up a Galaxy note, it has pretty good pressure sensitivity, but I usually end up back at the ol' sketchbook with my cheap bic pens. At home I use a 24HD cintiq, and at work I use a 21. I've worked on Intuos 3 & 4, and a cheapy bamboo-sized tablet before that. They all boil down to the same stuff. I like cintiq more for fine line work- but even the bamboo works great for bit stuff and painting.

ISTRaY I, back from vacation? Thanks bunches - I'll never let go of my lines- I frickin loooove line drawing - and it pays the bills! Painting is something I muck around in, but I should do a bit more soon.... with the weather finally warming up, it's more likely I'll stick to the SB. maybe I'll drag the ol' gouache out of the closet... should could would- there'll always be my cheap-bic sketches haha.

I've been slacking on my personal stuff while CA was down - read a bucket of novels, played a crap tonne of Starcraft 2 - and did some bus sketching.
    Glad CA is back- I'll be making the rounds on SB's soon!!!

work wise I'm on a show called Sidekick animating until July when I've got a shiny new contract in special FX!

Happy sketching!

Name:  sk1.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  129.4 KBName:  sk2.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  492.8 KBName:  sk3.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  468.1 KB

Last edited by Rhubix; May 15th, 2013 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha,I was camping out in here for awhile, I saw you in here and didn't want to write something that got buried behind a new post. Not that it would have been anything detrimental to you're attention. I just wanted to thank you for your responses, always something to consider and absorb from your experience, or in your words "superhero godly-ness", yeah it's out of context, so what? lolz. And no doubt, you should bust out some gouache and muck around a bit more(Gouache, boy thats a dangerous one, nearly misspelled it which wouldn't have flown well). Have you done much plein air type things in here, your SB? I really want to run with it, but I'm considering building(well I will)a shade box, but my laptop is a big screened and super cumbersome, I had seen you mention a Galaxy note.. If you were into painting more or plein air would you recommend it?. I too think about getting a tablet pad of some sort, but because I'm poor I'll likely go for a shade box. God. I get bored of still-life and fruit or random boot and think it would lead to more stuff from life. Instead of being stuck in here working from photo's and stuff. Anyways, naturally I love your line work too, you always have one terrific female expression, I love the most. Or a rad guy smoking a joint or a sweet turtle which I've come to find is my Mayan birth animal!! I think mine's less happy though. Thanks Rhubix!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to I STRaY I For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I STRaY I - to be honest I had to go look up what plein air meant. I don't know why people don't just say "outside" - damned art kids wearing their barrette too tight. I sketch on location a bunch (less now that i have to commute by train) - don't paint outside much though, too much stuff to drag with me.
    Personally I like running around with my pens and lines - poor kid style. That's all I could afford growing up, so It's stuck with me through my career.

I really liked your Clark Hulings study- so much that I did one too! that guy knows how to use light. I looooved the shadows in this pictures so much that I decided to butcher them. barely scratched the surface on details, and just decided to pain the figures out all together. - 3 hours in - photoshop.
    Name:  sk4.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  375.9 KB

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sketchy sketchy-
    WIP for my FB wall background thing.

Name:  sk7.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  228.0 KBName:  sk6.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  485.4 KB

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome sauce! I threw together a sloppily done cover page too xD, but it was just a sloppy compilation of all my sketches pretty much to show off to my non-art related acquaintances, friends and relatives . Your's most definitely will be impressive, about the master studies from what I heard about trying to learn from them is that basically you treat it like a crime and you are figuring out the modus operandi of how it happened rather than to try and simply replicate it so I guess perhaps to figure out how he does his shadows maybe you should try and and think of how he would do it traditionally. You probably already knew this and if not take it with a grain of salt .

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

29. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your sketches, lines and designs. I need to start jumping more into environments like you have been. Keep it up!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to MrFrenik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Kamikazel33t - I've had my share of masters studies, I was lucky enough to go to a school that pushed classical training as hard as the cartoons.
    Thanks MrFrenik I definitely recommend diversifying as much as possible - and Perspective is so crucial, you can never do enough.

Wip update Clean lines.

Gonna try to colour it- any suggestions? I might do some smaller thumbnail studies of lighting /colour.
    Name:  sk8.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  507.2 KB

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Rhubix. Lovin the last pic, really nice shapes in the steps on the left. Cant wait to see it coloured!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang that came out really nicely. Especially for 3 hours. You came really close on colors, from eye? Geesh, good on you! I suppose I shouldn't have gone as overkill as I did. But as we've spoken about before with detail, I'm a huge idiot sucker for it, and I really like Mr Hulings stuff and how he handles immense detail, but not so boring like. Strangely, if I could ever accomplish a level of expertise, it would be his. However, I'm afraid at a digital level, it wouldn't mean as much. So to try and tie it all together with some other artists I plan to study soon(borrow from), haha. And yeah, painting outside works for me, I just want to use the artsy terms so that I can show I'm artsy, right? It's like contrapposto. I love to use that word, and always look for an opportunity. As stoopid as it is! lolz. But I'm super poor kid style too, so much so that it was what has always held me back from painting. The stuff just costs way too much!! I'm loving the digital medium, and really looking to utilize it anyways I can and or should to get better. Anyways, nice updates here, I can't wait to see the color version, but the line work is beautifully done! Any suggestions I have I'm sure you're already considering or have done so. The composition is nicely done as well!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay the forums are back!! I'm going to have to collect some of the sketches I've been sketching and make a proper post. Don't forget to update your signatures folks! links are all broken

Thanks Jon N!! I'm a big fan-girl of yours, so I love when you drop by!
    I STRaY I - I chose that painting because of the shadow work, particularly in the details. He is soo consistent it's amazing.
    as for the colours- not gonna lie -I started by eye droppering the major light and shadow colours and comparing them on a colour wheel addon I have for photoshop.
    something like this : (I deleted the other one )
    Name:  sk11.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  29.5 KB
    The colour scheme is Orange-Green, so since I'm red-green coluorblind I literally cannot eye-ball this painting lol. Once I had my palette I stuck with it and worked from the colour wheel. If I stay on task it's often luck haha.
    I was lucky to have a really helpful painting teacher, so I know enough to put together a warm and a cool palette and how they play off surfaces a little bit.
    All my own paintings I try to work from a standard colour scheme system, usually a triad.
    Strangely, though I make my living drawing every day I never think of myself as an 'artist'. Artist to me is the colouring book version with the long smock, mustache and the beret.

speaking of hopeless with colours - here's my thumbnails for my FB cover. I got scared to work without CA's advice, so I never got past masking the full version. I took some further than others, but never really settled on anything yet.
    any crits or advice would be fantastic!!
    Name:  sk10.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  355.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Flash on a grafic tablet?!

I recently picked up a Galaxy note, it has pretty good pressure sensitivity, but
    I usually end up back at the ol' sketchbook with my cheap bic pens.
    I would like to buy a grafic tablet where I can use Flash on the go, it would save me a lot
    of time if I could than just copy the working files to my desktop to switch to the cintiq.

Every body tells me they are still to slow it will take a few more years untill they can work well
    with flash
    what do you know about this, do you know somebody who does what I want to do?

I love your COLOR studies, they look blaster fantaster. I am always happy when I see the
    rough stuff. I like the rough stuff always. I am not crazy about clean up stuff as you know !
    Thanks for your help, I use what you told me already in my everyday sketches, thaaaaaanks!

Sketchbook - . Show Real - . Commission me- Online Shop - .

*critique* advice* help full links* paint overs, highly appreciated !

Submissions accepted;"DRAW THE CHANGE you want to see in the WORLD!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If your looking for a bit more power you'll probably want to look at tablet PC. I have a friend who worked on a flash show using one- but they can get a bit pricey, since they're a full laptop. If your making money on it though you can justify it as a write-off haha.

Train sketches! Officially in my last month on this contract so commute time will disappear! What will this mean??? who knows - stay tuned. some digit stuff still to compile, slowly but surely.
    In other news, the show I did some freelance for is live now so I can tell you it's called Ever After High- be warned - very girly! You might puke lace all over your keyboard.

Name:  sk12.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  441.1 KBName:  sk13.jpg
Views: 1645
Size:  423.5 KBName:  sk14.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  284.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In other news, the show I did some freelance for is live now so I can tell you it's called Ever After High- be warned - very girly! You might puke lace all over your keyboard.
    *Googles title* Oh ... oh god, yes. This is my jam. It's been so long since I've watched a kids' TV cartoon. I love the sound, I realize. Everything is so bright and crisp and optimistic. So much better than real life.

You're color-blind? Man, I use so much red. The monster in my icon is magenta. That's okay, I can't see infrared or ultraviolet. The animal artists that produce stuff in those colors can go to hell.

The enviro is sweet, not sure what advice I can give on colors/painting. Are you getting advice elsewhere? Show us how it turns out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice thread!! I like your cartoonish style characters, and the environments studies are really great, Keep then coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    diamandis - I watch crazy amounts of cartoons - for 'reasearch' and not because I think eating icecream for breakfast while watching sponge bob is for grown ups >.>
    No idea what to do with that WIP- everyone seems hesitant to comment on it. donno why ?

Thanks pavolsvk - I sure will try

sketchy things. Bones looks a bit like a plastic person - arg to you colour and your tricks!

Name:  sk15.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  316.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  sk10.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  355.9 KB
    I like very much! My faves are the top left corner, bottom right corner and the one above it. Something about the colour scheme stands out to me, the balance of warms and cools is pretty pleasing to the eye. I love the composition, the way it sucks you in is great. Remind me to poach some tips off you some time.

And for the record, I totally know what you mean about the 'stache & beret. I've come close a few times to buying a beret so I can feel like a 'proper' artist.

I'm glad this place is back up and running, I've missed trawling through this thread

Last edited by SpaceJelly; June 13th, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Spacejelly

Bussss sketchessssss
    and out of practice gestures- gotta do some studies!
    Name:  sk17.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  406.5 KBName:  sk16.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  481.1 KB
    Name:  sk18.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  146.5 KB

Last edited by Rhubix; June 13th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, I love your environments. Nice character postures as well!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last lot of studies look nice & smooth, especially the woman at the top with the dark hair. I like the movement from her body down to her legs. Nice shapes. Are they done with a tablet?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff as always ^^

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 19