Sketchbook: Sketchasarus Rex- Rawr - Page 21

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And another thread which makes me wanna work harder. Really inspiring works you have here, mate =]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gthm/death For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great cartoons, love 'em!
    And holy crapperoo, you're filling up this sketchbook so much faster than me!
    Gotta work.. har..der. I'm going to dig through your entire book later, looking for little gems,
    which I'm sure are all over the place.
    I'm thinking of making some animations some day, too, so I'll prolly drop by later for advice
    and yeah I should prolly play less sc2 as well...

"...it had the serene look in it's eyes of a creature that realizes it's a tube on legs..." ~ Terry Pratchett

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

sketchbook
    Deviant
    Facebook Page

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Harmageddon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    god damn, you are stepping it up lately, i feel bad for slacking, your toon figures are getting really solid lately that looseness its great but sometimes it feels like it leaves things unnattended dont know if im explaining myself correctly, either way always double check with you landmarks and see if you are making anatomicly sound figures, the stylization its all great but like you said its all about working with fundamentals and then putting in your flavor, either way i expect to see much more! also try a go at more backgrounds it never hurts to try different things! cant wait for the next update keep it up!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog
    My website
    #Bestyear

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

UPDATED 2014

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello again Rhubix,

Ah wow you did a still life. Some things to consider: - try to play more with the reflected lights (from drapery to napkin, from napkin to cup, from cup to bottle ) Even if they aren't totaly obvious...it`s better to exagerate a little bit then to leave it out. Also, the purple cloth and wall are very saturated, which distracts the eye from the important stuff.

Otherwise, awesome updates. I'm always in awe of your character sketches O_O.

here's a small paintover
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  168.6 KB

Last edited by Tea of Doom; January 24th, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Sketchbook

A creative artist works on his next composition because he is not satisfied with his previous one. When he loses a critical attitude toward his own work, he ceases to be an artist. - Dmitri Shostakovich

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tea of Doom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The7Artist7's - YAY 600 - thanks for the paint over - its incredible how much a difference those little nudges made!! It looks way better now. - meanwhile- yep I'm colour blind. I don't think it's a good excuse for much though, considering there are blind painters, and people who paint with their feet lol. I don't have much to complain about. I try to make up for it with colour theory and stealing colours.
    My colouring process is not really a process - it's more of a try a random approach and see what happens. For some stuff I do greyscale first- for the forest scene I masked everything- filled with flat colour than tried to add tones. - I think the dog picture says it all.

Thanks Harmageddon! - YAY Zerg! - I'll be happy to offer what ever advice I can on animation. It's my favorite thing to talk about. & it's easy to be productive when you spend 3-4 hours on a bus every day. Lots of time to sketch.

Gthm/death- thanks - I love hearing that I've inspired someone ^_^

lionheartGFX - I totally know what you mean! I can tell when I'm in the zone and getting solid toons. Some days I just get so loosey-goosey because i'm not really focusing on what I'm doing. I don't know if it's better to put the book away at that point or not- I just keep scrawling out ugly things. Maybe I should be conscious of when I'm not drawing consciously... hmmm - anyways- thanks for commenting I'll try to do some more backgrounds if I can find time to draw outside the bus! really hard to get clean lines on there.

Tea of Doom - thank you for the paint over and great advice! I really have a tonne of trouble seeing colour reflections. It didn't occur to me when I was painting to just exaggerate - durp lol. I'll definitely keep that in mind on my next one. I really want to find some time soon, I know it will help my rendering overall. I can't see the saturation thing, I can't really figure red out - but I understand what you mean and I'll do my best to apply that too. thanks bunches

Bus sketch dump -been super busy this week cuz it was my husbands birthday yesterday
    There's a little bit of everything because I don't know what to do with myself lately - do I work on my cartooning, animation, colour, anatomy - I donno! too many things to work on- I can't pick.

Name:  sketch13.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  459.6 KBName:  sketch14.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  364.4 KBName:  sketch15.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  429.3 KB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omfgg i looooooooooooooooovvvvvvveeeee your sketches. its nice you fill up each page too, such a joy to look at

13. The Following User Says Thank You to viki oh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Viki Oh

sketchy sketchy sketch.

Name:  sketch16.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  375.1 KB

round 2

Name:  sketch19.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  320.4 KB

Last edited by Rhubix; January 28th, 2013 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for visiting my sketchbook. Well, you've given me a couple of ideas on how to approach my sketchbook pages from now on. Instead of spending weeks on a single page treating it like a finished piece I need to start filling out pages at a faster pace like you do and not worry about taking things to a high finish. Your cartoony style looks super cool and has a lot of character to it. Have you managed to land a job at an animation studio yet ?

"All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw?"

MY SKETCHBOOK, COMMENT & CRITIC THE SHIT OUT OF ME

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ozark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Ozark - glad I'm giving you ideas! When I learned sketches didn't have to look pretty or perfect my work improved dramatically. I used to be very up-tight and spend most of my time erasing. Now I always work in pen so I don't get tempted to fix anything. Considering how much of my drawing is done on a bus I'd never fill a page!
    I've been working in television animation for a few years now, but all my recent work is under NDA for a while so I can't post it until the episodes have aired.

Today's stuffs- I left my sketchbook in the scanner, so I just drew on some loose paper I had in my backpack. My friend was with me, talking about some rp game he plays. The character he described had too many arms to fit wings on her back so he just attached them to her butt. Hence the butt-wings
    Name:  sketch17.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  198.0 KBName:  sketch18.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  239.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha, wing butts. That made me laugh. I really like the creature sketches in this latest post. =D

Sketchbook -- Any feedback helps!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to eroquii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy shit so much different things! i love it all! the design is there and the expression too! but i think you are missing alot of oportunities to use body language to the fullest, i know its the hardest shit ever but thats when a character truly takes form and personality, i love how yours feel really whacky and it reminds me alot of http://endling.deviantart.com/ keep on improving and having so much fun!

My Blog
    My website
    #Bestyear

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

UPDATED 2014

21. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks eroquii

Har22tman - 3D rigging is more technical, more akin to programing. 2D rigging is more of a visual puzzle - in a show with no re-drawing the breaker (3D has riggers, 2D has breakers) has to come up with a method of masking or layering to allow reasonable movement for a character. I also studied maya for a year- and it made me want to tear off my own skin lol!

LionheartGFX - thanks - my stuff has been getting more wacky recently because I'm working on a show called Sidekick- and it's very wacky. I can't help but have it show up in my work. As for body language - I intend to spend the rest of my life exploring cartooning and character animation. Maybe if I live to be 100 or so I'll be satisfied with my level of competence

Bus sketches.

Name:  sketch20.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  352.4 KB

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Such an sketchbook explosion since the last time I've seen your work! I'm really impressed!

Sketchbook (Critiques Encouraged) | Tumblr Artblog | Blogspot

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jacilynw84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Jacilynw84

usual - Bus sketches

Name:  sketch21.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  325.1 KBName:  sketch22.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  305.4 KBName:  sketch23.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  364.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The one thing I appreciated the most from animations is the honest portrayal of emotion through exaggeration and the way a character acts and behaves. Perhaps you can get your self to play on a much higher level if you tried to figure out how to approach and master this? Maybe doing an exercise where you flick on a non-animated movie with a lot of good acting and drama then pausing at certain points and draw a completely different character portraying the emotion in an exaggerated and more honest expression? I dunno I am really just tossing out ideas here so feel free to dismiss em if you disagree on what I say.

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

28. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the suggestions Kamikazel33t. I've been thinking about doing a pile of film studies for a while- now's as good a time as ever.

bus sketches- doodles and some quick composition studies from assorted films.

Name:  sketch3.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  383.9 KBName:  sketch2.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  163.7 KBName:  sketch1.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  304.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sketchy sketch.

Name:  sketch4.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  318.1 KBName:  sketch5.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  158.7 KB

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The volume of your work and the energy in it is amazing (I feel bad for slacking off)!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to - nat - For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for stopping by my sketchbook, by the way those car studies started from the advice you gave me i saw most of FZD schools videos before theyre awesome, i like painting in that way but i was actually starting to try to paint in a method similar to Cryptcrawler, though its nowhere near what he can do, just a similar method.by the way great studies i love all the expressions on the characters

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." Leonardo Da Vinci

My Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post3362160

art website:http://calebportfolio.webs.com/

35. The Following User Says Thank You to blazingdimensions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man studying disney production art its a good idea but then again i feel that you still rely too much on the face and thus you loose focus on BODY lenguage, that delicious rythim within the body try to copy the drawings WITHOUT the face but still try to to convey the emotion trhough the pose, and the hands and the feet how is the weight and balance all of that stuff its right there in the drawing just read it it takes time to get used to but that is how you take the most out of a study specially if its from lineart or sketches keep it up man i love how its all coming together

My Blog
    My website
    #Bestyear

UPDATED 2014

37. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Rhubix, really enjoyed looking through your sketchbook. Your characters have so much liveliness to them. I really your pencil sketch.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Cabbage Caterpillar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    e-nat Thanks... I just have no other hobbies... though I ought to get one ! lol
    Blazingdimensions - some of those painters are crazy-good. They make my eyes fall out! keeps me motivated
    LionheartGFX - alas, it'll take a more focused learner than I to learn that in a week. I have a hard time leaving out the faces because it's the most fun to draw!
    Cabbage Caterpillar - thanks

more for the heap - bus sketches - a bit more disjointed than usual because I was having a conversation while sketching, and me and my friend were drawing from one another and talking about shapes and things.

Name:  sketch9.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  482.7 KB
    digital sketches (little bit of Wakfu inspiration)
    Name:  sketch7.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  322.7 KB

___________________________^mech guy- cuz I want to fit in with the CA big boys! lol
    , and a wip of some goblins. Will I finish it? who knows!
    Name:  sketch8.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  93.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Rhubix, I'm honored you'd take the time to swing by my sketchbook and share some of your most valuable knowledge. Thanks much for that. I immediately put it to work, although I failed miserably. But having thought about your advice, it's solid, and I'll continue to practice it. Not to mention, if anyone has an idea how gesture should be done, clearly it's you. I wish I had some sort of critiques to offer. But you have one of the more impressive sketchbooks I've seen. So instead I'll praise you for inspiring and also contributing to those of us that are trying to improve!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to I STRaY I For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool film studies! I uploaded some of my portfolio work so it would be great if you could stop by again sometime . One thing I was really curious about is in which field of animation do you work in (layout, inbetweener, character designer, key animator etc.). I know you probably just recently got out college where you had life drawing drilled into you all day, everyday but perhaps try attending a life drawing session and try doing a more experimental life drawing session where you try to add story to the model as well as simply playing with how you draw the model(perhaps stylization) rather than doing it highly academically.

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

44. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WHAT can I say,.............did you do your LOUNDRY?
    No excuses, I doubt it, or did it do it by it self,............?!

Your sketches are not just BLAST but also so much, I think I should
    stop you from sketching when ever I will meet you in the Streetcar.

Seriously I think we should find another hobby 4 you !

Sketchbook - . Showreal - . Commission me - .

*critique* advice* help full links, is appreciated*

46. The Following User Says Thank You to iven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Rhubix, just wanna say thank you for dropping by my sketchbook and your advice. Gah hopefully one day I can get the drawings to look as lively as yours!! It's really nice looking at your drawings because it feels like you enjoy doing them and that makes people looking at them really enjoy it too. (I hope this makes sense... lol)

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Cabbage Caterpillar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the advice, Rhubix. I've seen the same or similar exercise on Perceptive made easy by Norling.

If you haven't seen this: http://animationtidbits.tumblr.com/t...ne%20old%20men and this: http://onanimation.com/

Goblins, my nemeses! I lost many forts from those little bastards.

*** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Flashback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blah? I touched on this in response in my thread. But I know for sure you've been doing this long enough to have experienced all the ups, downs and plateaus involved with creativity and execution,as it flat out shows in your work. So no doubt you'll sidestep it soon enough with whatever methods you've developed to do so. I very much dig what you do, I think you capture emotion and gesture very, very well. I'm not going to pretend I'm able to assume what and or how you feel or think in regards to your own work. Nor could I assume to speak on your available time, because I'm sure you're drawing for money. But if you're feeling blahness, maybe find some new inspiration. For me, right now, there are no downs or plateaus, just inclines so my advice would be moot but I will say maybe take a break and do some strange studies or simply study other peeps stuff, maybe in doing so you'll find something you might want to explore a bit more, or experiment with, and that will light a fire under your ass to jump on something and run with it. I know this is typically how I get rolling, because for me point A is sometimes the most difficult, only to find out B, C, and D are equally hard. But in time, I expect those to become easier for me. ( I Hope). Again bro, thanks for your time, and advice. It's awesome of you to share, and I hope to capitalize on it! Also forgive me if my advice is useless. Truth is I have so much to learn about art speak, and critiques and everything else entailed. I wish you the best in conquering any adversity you encounter, and to infinite advancement.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to I STRaY I For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I STRaY I- thanks for dropping by - twice ^_^. I've certainly been through my shares of ups and downs. I think my biggest problem right now is I don't know where to focus. I do get paid to draw- and the show I'm animating on is much more iconic than my usual stuff ( called Sidekick ). Part of me wants to spend a chunk of time improving in that field. Another part wants to do more rendered stuff and illustrative stuff, another wants to do more Disney-style cartooning. I usually just end up mindlessly doodling- which can go either way. So much to learn! I need more hours in a day.

kamikazel33t - My work just started offering life drawing on Monday nights- and I keep meaning to go, but I either forget or I'm too tired >.<. For now I just draw people on the street car - but everyone looks the same - wrapped up in big coats, sleepy in the morning, and impatient in the evening. I need to force myself to get out and do some life drawing for sure.
    I mentioned my job on your sketchbook & updated my biography so ppl can find that out ^_^

iven - hahaha - Yes, my laundry did get done. Though, I'm sure I would be easier to find on the streetcar if I didn't!

Flashback - thanks so much for the links!! I saw onanimation before but didn't have it saved, now I do! The other is new and amazing! gonna sketch from that for sure.

aaaand usual stuff from the bus.

Name:  sketch12.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  112.8 KBName:  sketch10.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  204.7 KBName:  sketch11.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  226.8 KBName:  sketch13.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  484.6 KB

Last edited by Rhubix; February 6th, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by and I visiting now. Yes I love the variety of sketches you have with animals, humans of young and old and even some robots.

56. The Following User Says Thank You to jellyswirl For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 60