Sketchbook: Gorgonzola's Noodlin's!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks

Gorgonzola's Noodlin's!

*Go to last page for most recent art*

Hey All,

I've lurked on here for a long time, and I decided it's high time I drag out what's been sitting on the computer and throw it up here for everyone to look at and all that. If anyone here frequents Drawingboard, you might have seen this stuff before, so apologies as I slowly bring this thread up to speed then with semi-old stuff. Apologies also for the first huge couple of posts this thread will have..

Crits are always welcome, since how else do you intend to improve?

Similar Threads
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by Gorgonzola; October 21st, 2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: time stamp update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gorgonzola For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    pretty damn awesome stuff man
    keep it up!

Thanks
    wow man these are really great sketchs ...they communicate visually pretty well...... keep us posted would love to see more

Thanks
    Wow, I stopped by because your nickname made me laugh and then I found some great sketches. More of them!

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments, fellas!

Here's some more dredged up from the depths of my hard drive...mostly sketchbook stuff, and a few color tests and fool-arounds.

Thanks
    great post. i would say im loving the creatures and the armored dude, but its all really nice.

Thanks
    Cheers Chris, glad you like it.

Here's some more stuff. Slowly working through what I have left, soon it'll have to be new stuff!

Thanks
    Well, here's some more from the old piles. Some more sketches, as well as a few old comic pages to boot!

-Andrew

Thanks
    I do believe this might be the end of the stash! I'll have to start being responsible and putting up new stuff...

As always, comments and all that are most welcome.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gorgonzola For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like the colors youre playing around with for the space suits! The joker one is hilarious. Your dinobirds colors look great, but I wish he was more refined (specular, shadow). You do so well with your color choices, but they all look a little flat. A little more love and they'd be awesome!

Thanks
    dude you rock cool stuff in here

keep it up! take care

Thanks
    My word, there's so much here to look at! I really love your environments and creature designs, i can definitely learn a thing or two by keeping an eye on you.

Cant wait to see more!

Thanks
    Hey guys, glad you like all the stuff.

Here's some recent comic pages I did for an upcoming webcomic. Site isn't totally up yet, so I won't bother with giving the url yet. I also have some gesture work here, courtesy of posemaniacs.com. Love the site, except for the occasional awkward model the site gives...

Thanks
    Here's some more random junk. I think I got a handle on attachment sizes, so hopefully these aren't oppressively huge

I went to the Georgia Aquarium this past weekend, hence the little drawings of fish in the travel book. The submarines..well, I can't give reasoning for those, you know how doodling goes.

Also threw up a little critter drawing, which I took into photoshop to try and do some value painting. It's a step in the right direction, I think, but obviously nowhere near some of the talent you folk have here! Methinks I should study some more Mark Behm...I've got a love for the chunky application of paint.

Thanks
    Rockin' updates! Those comic pages are really nice, and those sea critter studies are really fun. I wanted to do that the other day at the zoo, but i was too distracted.

Keep on updating!

Thanks
    Thanks Austen! I wish I didn't post the pages so small, they're almost impossible to read. Maybe once I color them I'll post them back up larger and easier to read.

Here's some stuff I did while I was out of town, then yesterday at the park in ATL.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorgonzola For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey man, great batch of work to start with!
    very cool sketches and comic pages (altho they're a bit too small to read, you should post em a bit bigger!)
    i coudn't help but thinking some of your stuff reminded me of mine for sime reason... don't really know why, curious

my fav of all the sketches you posted are the "frabel" ones, really interesting design, kudos!

keep sharing!
    ciao

Thanks
    Thanks TheGnoll! I promise I'll post the pages bigger once they're colored. I'm glad you like the Frabel designs too, they're a favorite of mine. They're planned to appear in a comic I'm working on down the line...

So after another week of being out of town and on plane trips and all that, I'm finally back, and I have some sketches! The speedball on the plane exploded because of the cabin pressure Ah well, at least it wasn't alone, I had a wicked sinus headache from the exact same thing...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorgonzola For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great updates dude! Love the glass-headed Frable designs, everything on that last post is awesome as hell, and the homless robot is too fun!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited by AustenFM; April 30th, 2009 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Austen!

So I feel a little silly for admitting this, but I didn't know you could map keystrokes to a wacom pen. Found out this past weekend, and promptly mapped brush increase/decrease to the buttons, then didn't get a chance to test it out until this morning. So today I made a new flat marker-like brush based off of the standard round, and gave it a whirl with my rubbish painting skills!

Worked as well as I expected, which means I don't have to reach way across the keyboard to hit the hotkeys anymore for it, and my hand can sit comfortably in the little spot where all the rest of my frequent hotkeys are.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks!

Not too exciting of an update this time, just some gesture drawings done before I get to work.

Thanks
    Here's some little demon drawings I did. I'm painting up one of them mostly for practice, so here's an in-progress shot and the original sketch of it. Still a long ways to go, but so far it's shaping up better than previous ones...

If you can't tell by the other drawing, I'm a bit of a fan of Guy Davis...

Thanks
    eyy nice fantasy stuff dude!but wher is the studys =)kipp going and

seck my sbhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149972&page=3

Thanks
    Lot of diversity on this sketchbook, makes it quite pleasuring to see it and be "surprised" at every new image, great and inspirational.

I've noticed from your artworks that you seem to struggle a little with straight lines, your curved ones are perfect, smooth and flowing. But I didn't saw a lot of straight lines and when I saw I could notice a little difficult on it, maybe you should practice it a little, get out of your comfort zone and push yourself a little.

Good works so far man. Hope to always see more from you!
    Keep hitting it!

Thanks
    Thanks Carbono and Sevarange! I'm not really sure what ya mean by the straight line thing, I do know if I start drawing a little too big my stuff starts to fall apart (something that I've been slowly trying to rectify...). Is there a particular image you're noticing it on? I'd at least like to be aware of my faults, hehe.

Well, I know it's been awhile (and in conceptart.org terms, that's a lifetime,) but I've been busy wrapping up a promo I'm putting together for my booth at heroes con...these two doodles were done yesterday during my day break between inking and coloring...I might use them as a base for my ongoing pursuit of trying to learn painting techniques...

Thanks
    Here's the previous sketches, only now with some color block-ins! It's been a tortuously slow process as I descend into the wildnerness of painting again, trying to learn its intricacies. They're both done in Painter, just different approaches: The alien dino is taking a cue from Ryan Church and being built up in transparent glazes with the Scratchboard tool (I ought to figure out how to tighten it up from there...it seems tedious-in-the-bad-way to keep doing glazes...) and the troll is being done up in Artist's Oils (gotta figure out how to blend a bit with those...)

Of course, this being a weak point of mine, any and all advice is welcome, be it help, passing comments, nags, or death threats. Not so much on the last one.

Thanks
    Love it,

Nice and loose.

=================================
    Sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120761

Thanks
    Bad ass! You have such variety. The first few posts of the demon/helmet stuff and your looser cartoony stuff. I'm sold dude.

Have you talked to any of the CATL members? It's the Sketchgroup up there, and there's some really great people. I just moved out of Atlanta and down to Macon.

Here's the thread for the sketchgroup. Check it out if you're interested, I know they'd love a new face.

Thanks
    HugeHarHar Whoa! Thanks for the thread to the ATL sketchgroup, I'll definitely be checking them out. I've been looking for a group or something to mingle with, ever since I moved up here I have been lacking in the co-artists/friends area.

HumanNature: Thanks man!

So here's what I had been working on the past week and a half, a promo comic being done for my table at Heroes Con in June. It's for a webcomic that me and my writer are doing, and with the launch scheduled for a little bit before Heroes, we thought we'd make an issue 0, so to speak, for the con for people pick up. No lettering on this (wouldn't want to spoil the story, would I?) but hopefully you guys still dig it. The colors are a little spoiled from the mode switch from CMYK to RGB, but it's still fairly close.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4