Thanks

Papers not saving?

I know how to capture a paper, but just today my papers are no longer being saved.

I select what I want, hit "capture paper", the window pops up and I tell the program what name I want to save, but it isn't avaliable under the thumbnail menu. I've tried restarting and the problem is still there. Is there a limited number of papers you can use? I'm a little stumped.
    Sketchbook here! Please give me a critique or three!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=130663

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I've had that happen to me before (well quite often 'cause I've got a lot of papers). I do think it has to do with how many papers you've got and also the size of your papers.papers file. I have had Painter refuse to start on me if it was over 19000kb.

Anyway, open up the Paper Mover from the Papers Palette and move out a few papers you're not using at the moment (create a new file on the right and just drag across the papers from the left. There is no 'save'. It will automatic save everything in the right hand side when you close the right hand side (chose 'open' and open your new file to test it). Once you've moved your papers across, you'll see they've just been copied not actually moved, so highlight the same papers again on the left and choose delete, to delete that paper and clear some space.

I have found the papers (and nozzles and textures) to be a bit temperamental. If it refuses to delete the papers you want to get rid of, or still refuses to save a new paper you may have to reopen (via Open Library - not the Paper Mover) the default papers file. Remember to save all your custom papers via the Paper Mover first, see function as described above, before opening the default papers or you will lose your custom ones.

Thanks
    Erk, painter is now not loading the .papers file and shutting down before even starting.

Could anyone possibly note me or link a copy of the default paper list? I think it got too big :/

Or, is there another program i could use to edit a .papers document?
    Sketchbook here! Please give me a critique or three!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=130663