Refurbished Wacom Intuos3 Tablets - 4x6 6x8 6x11 9x12 12x12 $139-$299 CHEAP! GET EM!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Refurbished Wacom Intuos3 Tablets - 4x6 6x8 6x11 9x12 12x12 $139-$299 CHEAP! GET EM!

EDIT: Went with the 6x11! It's refurbished but I don't care...

EDIT 2: Received my 6x11 today. PERFECT condition, works perfectly, not a single fingerprint on it even... Definitely a legitimate deal.

Box is re-sealed after Wacom treats the product and brings it back to good-as-new condition. Comes with the Wacom's 1-year Warranty and is exactly like a brand new retail box. Includes pens, nips, software, mouse, the whole thing exactly like a new one does.

Here are the links if anyone's interested in grabbin' one... with the economy the way it is, this may just be what people are looking for!

Wacom Intuos3 4x6 : $139.95

Wacom Intuos3 6x8 : $209.95

Wacom Intuos3 6x11 : $219.95

Wacom Intuos3 9x12 : $259.95

Wacom Intuos3 12x12 : $299.95

Last edited by IanE; March 16th, 2009 at 11:05 PM.
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Honestly if your really not gona use it and you want more portability then id say go smaller i see no reason to spend 40 extra dollers on someting your really gona use that much.

then again 260 for a 9X12 isnt too bad for the bigger is it?
    id just say save the money put it in the bank or somefin

-Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,094 Times in 2,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    From my perspective, anything smaller than a 9x12 is for hobby work. Seriously. Spend the extra dough and get something you can actually paint with. It will pay off. Not one of the guys I know uses anything smaller than that. If you are just having fun the smaller one is awesome...but I think those of you looking at getting tablets which you will end up having for a couple years, should save the peanuts and get the bigger size or the latest model when it arrives if you can afford it. That hardware is like your violin. Get the best one you can afford.

Last edited by Jason Manley; March 10th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, what's your say on 6x11 vs 9x12 for laptop students just getting into the digital scene?

Majority from what I hear say 6x11 way more often than 9x12 for widescreen users... Can you elaborate on why the 9x12's a better choice and in what contexts?

Last edited by IanE; March 10th, 2009 at 12:12 AM.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 133 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    bigger the better , ive been using these for over a decade and i go for the 12x19 every time. ,
    if they sold a brush in an art supply store that make your strokes more accurate would you buy it?,
    the intuos will last for years if you treat it right, the extra investment will come down to only pennies a day.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the input, Andrew. I went with the 6x11 for portability and affordability at the moment, it's a perfect fit for me. If I need to go bigger, I'm sure I'll have no qualms with getting another! Could always pass on the 6x11 to somebody else starting off.

That 12x19 you have is just intense, though! I gotta ask... how's your back feel after doing a live paint standing up for so long? That thing's gotta weigh you down after a while!

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice finds, however, do you know if they ship oversea?
    EDIT:
    Shipping - UPS Worldwide Express $68.65
    Erm, no thanks. I wish I lived in America D:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm probably going to upgrade someday when I can afford.
    Right now I have a graphire 4 a5 (6x11?) and it serves me good for the moment.
    But am I the only one who doesn't paint with my whole arm?
    Should I do that shit?

Because I've never felt that my tablet is too small for my strokes.
    Makes me a bit worried actually.

Sketchbook. Treat Me Like A Moron
    I'm a dick, sometimes two. Hence my name.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually have the 9x12 at home and the size smaller at work -- It doesn't have any precision difference and personally, the smaller is actually much more comfortable to work with it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IanE, I actually have the 6x11 for the money reason, and because it's the biggest size that can fit on my desk. It'll have to last me a good while because I have very little money, myself. o_o

It works good enough for me! I have a 24-inch widescreen monitor, so the placement of the pen doesn't confuse me. I can move my arm better using it. So hopefully you'll have similar results.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A 6x11 really isn't good enough? I was thinking about purchasing a 6x11, but if a 9x12 is really that much better, I might have to get that.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,094 Times in 2,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the smaller than screen tablets interpolate upward with the strokes. It is simply not as accurate as the larger ones which come closer to actual mark size or in the case of mine and andrews tablets (12x19) The interpolation is downward which is more accurate than going the other way. If you are traditionally trained at all, drawing and painting comes from the elbow...which can happen on the larger tablets rather than the smaller ones which will keep you on the tips of your fingers...ie less control.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have a 9x12, and it suits me very well. I've wanted to try the bigger ones, but to actually get one i'd have to do some serious rearranging of my workspace, since it wouldn't fit my desk.

I've worked quite a bit with the a5 wide (i don't know what that is in inches, but its the one down from the 9x12) on a laptop, and i'm definitely getting one of those when i finally buy my own laptop. Its portable and have the same functions as its big brothers. Smaller drawing area/interpolation isn't really a big concern of mine, but after using the a5 for a bit it feels liberating to go back to the a4, i imagine the even bigger one would be awesome. (Although some of that liberating feeling comes from going from laptop monitor to dual phat screen action..)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hm... well Jason, Andrew... Once I have a 30" widescreen display I'll upgrade the tablet size hahaha...

I can't imagine how confusing it would be using a 12x19 on a 15" laptop haha.

See the thing is, though... I bet a lot of us were never trained properly, much less traditionally! On my own I've learned to naturally draw with my arm, from the elbow as you've mentioned, but never really get the chance to use it much in architecture aside from the few days out of the year where I do actually spend time rendering by hand and not on a screen.

UPS says the 6x11 I ordered is already moving... Once I get it, I'll post up any information about the physical aspects of it all in relation to it being refurbished for anyone still wondering about the quality control involved.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can't go too big unless you run out of space.
    You could always reduce the active area of the tablet you know!

Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 133 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    well actually the 12x19 on a smaller screen is awesome, it actually gives you the upper hand ,

the small tablets are great for travel, i have a 6x9 that i keep in my laptop bag all the time, i use it on planes, airports, its a great backup for these times where you need a wacom.

the drawback is i feel like I'm drawing with my fingers and my wrist,
    the advantage to the 12x19 is that i feel like I'm able to use my entire arm to draw, the more muscles I'm able to incorporate into the movements of the pen the more im able to communicate into the lines. it translates into a more visceral experience and i think that translates into the impact of work i do.

I'm sure there is a psychological element to it to, i feel more powerful with a larger tablet, its more of an object, besides, when it comes to technology its always nice to be at the very edge of possibilities, i have a hard time compromising when it comes down to the investment in the art i make,

did i mention it looks cool.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Android wins every time, man.

No fair

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm, yeah, that's true about the arm thing. o_o I mean, going side-to-side on the 6x11 is fine. I do, however, find myself making smaller strokes vertically and using more wrist than full arm, and I'm going far off the tablet at times (sometimes whacking my keyboard. Oops!). But hey, at the very least you got to buy yours at half the price I bought mine. For now, that should still do you fine, IanE! You'll still get some lovely strokes in. ^_^

Android, I wanna be cool like that... But how? @_@

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Damn you Android. Your biggie makes me pretty much more ashamed of my tiny one then what I already was.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 910 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    it's not the size of the boat that matters.
    it's all about the motion in the ocean.

really...do what works best for you.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to a la bapsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am so... incredibly, 100% grateful for this thread I'd kiss all of you if I could. My old old Intuos is held together with electrical tape, the cord has been ripped out a few times, and carefully repaired, and while I've been shopping around, nothing was within my price range until I saw this thread. The 9x12 was sold out or I would have picked that up in a heartbeat.

So I picked up the 6x11 for now, and when and if they have a deal like this again, I'll upgrade to the 9x12. Since I work in animation, 6x11 is just fine for now, as much as I'd love a larger tablet.

Seriously, IanE, you just made my day!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Karen: Quite welcome :] This makes me happy that somebody else is happy!

Xana: Yea, almost everyone at the party in Austin was using 9x12's on laptops (if they weren't already using the huge Cintiq).

I watched Coro go all over that 9x12 on his laptop. The 9x12 obviously works well on widescreens otherwise the higher-ups wouldn't be so fond of it. What I really like though is how similar the 6x11 is to my macbookpro's 15" screen. It's a nice fit.

Just go try em out!

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't stop drawing with my fingers and wrist.
    It seems hard to not do that when you're sitting in thight spaces and drawing.
    or sitting folded in a comfy chair, what's the real advantage to drawing with your arm?

It just seems like more effort to me

Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    9x12 all the way. when I can afford a bigger tablet I am gonna splurge on the cintiq 12x19 if it comes that big.
    and HOLY CARP THAT 12x19 LOOKS LIKE IT COULD KILL!!!!

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

http://global.thebump.com/tools/tickers/tt6b71c.aspx

Spaztastic's world of junk
    And The-SSG-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named!!!
    Realitychecks SB LakeLands SB Me,Myself, and Me again Vehkt's

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is from Ryan Churches Website:

Q: Is a 12x18 tablet crucial to creating the wide vistas shown on your site?

A: 12"x18" Wacom tablet is not necessary at all. That's just what I use at work. It’s better for your health and protects your wrists and tendons if you are doing it continually for 10 hours a day as I do. At home, I have a 6"x8" tablet, and all my personal / freelance work is done on it. When I'm on vacation, I even use a 4"x5" on my girlfriend's laptop. A larger tablet is a great investment if you work long continuous hours. You're using more of your shoulder and elbow, so it's much easier on the wrist. It will not affect the quality or accuracy of your painting.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kfeeras For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sill wondering why you're telling that 6x11 (A5 wide) and 9x12 (A4) makes a big difference. Since nowadays we use 16:10 aspect ratio, so 9x12 has to be cut horizontally a *lot* to keep aspect ratio (2.5"/5cm if I remember correctly my measuring before buying tablet). 6x11 is a widescreen version, so only a thin vertical bar (0.25"/1cm) wide have to be cut. In other words, I see that the major difference is 1" or a bit more of width difference.

I'm using 6x11 for half year and now I'm slowly thinking about larger version, as I would like to make more energetic arm movements - I just fell a bit cramped with finger/wrist movement. But, as I have said before, I'm not sure if it's worth to buy 9x12.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by XanaChama View Post
    A 9 X 12 becomes somewhere around 7 X 12 when you fix the proportions for a wide screen (I did the math), so it's barely an upgrade from the 6 X 11. When the next one comes out, I'm assuming they'll offer a better widescreen selection, so I'll probably just upgrade above the 6 X 11 to whatever is the next level.

The 6 X 11 never felt too cramped for me when I used them at my school. It's just barely big enough for any arm movement. But they're right. It is more accurate to go bigger and that makes a difference when you want to get more natural straighter strokes. I personally don't mind using something a little smaller, but if I'm going to put the money into it, I might as well spend a little more for something I'm going to keep for a couple of years and won't need to upgrade again.
    That's why I have big hopes that Wacom will release Intuos4 and widescreen version of 9x12, which would be a awesome alternative for 6x11.

EDIT: For half year, 6x11 was fine for me, just now I've started to lusting for bigger version Before I bought tablet, I was drawing and painting intensely for half year on 50x70cm (roughly 20"x28") paper, so maybe that's why. Also, I do have a big hand

Last edited by Tonic; March 22nd, 2009 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A 9x16 would be AWESOME. Now that there's a Wacom Forum, maybe they'll take notice of all the talk that goes on here. Think about how much of their market is solely on this 1 website?

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm gonna step out on a limb and say... The Intuos3 looks way better...

So did the Macbook Pro's before this current generation.

What's with the "make things function/look worse" trend!?

That being said, I hope Intuos3 prices plummet.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I inherited James Kei's widescreen tablet and I have to say it's a big step up from the 6x8 for me. I personally think 6x8s are fine, and for portability they rock the house, cause they're the same size as a laptop. But the widescreen (6 x 11) is a closer aspect ratio to most laptop screens (i have a 17 inch macbook pro) and the arc you make on the tablet is therefore closer to the arc which appears on your screen.

If you've got a desk and room to move your arm, it seems like a big surface is better. But nobody in the atelier uses anything bigger than mine and we've all done fine. Bar in mind though that we don't have dedicated desk space and are mostly working on our laps or chairs.

I'm gonna start using a cintiq at work now and I'm still not sure how much I want to - I kinda dig my hand not getting in the way of what i'm doing with a 'traditional' wacom, and the whole 'accuracy' thing is a fallacy with the pen to screen separation anyway. Guess I'll get used to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.