Sketchbook: *Updated - 2/14/14* - Page 5

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just some fun, testing out some paper and markers, also learned im not using rapidograph pens on this paper, almost cuts it up, digs right in, probably make another brush to ink with, really small one.

Size is like 4.6 x 5 inches. Ima test some more later, and start some other digital stuff, just fun doing things tradish. Ref'd from SF alpha generations cover, although i changed his face to be older. Oh should also note this is darker on paper, scanner robbed it, but still i should push my values more.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Twilight skechcard - 2.5 x 3.5 inches, Cool grey Prismacolor markers 10%-20%, Graphite H, 6B on poster board. -Scanner eats traditional mediums. Nicer on board.
    And just some random sketches, marker and 6b on marker paper, nothing to final or fancy , just sketchy, testing out the paper. I'm not doing anything digitally for a while, well maybe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Someone i know is in the hospital, and she likes Audrey Hepburn, so this is a work in progress for a get well portrait, my photoshop wont let me do text so i ll have to add that in later in painter or something, did all this today, finish it up tomorrow night some time, lots to fix and do. Crits comments welcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks brilliant Izer you've done a beautiful job of capturing a beautiful person. I'm sure it will please and make your friend feel a lot better. Well done.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marian Rowling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marian Rowling, Thanks appreciate the comment, yeah a lot fixed in the finished version, hope she likes it too if she sees it that is. I'll take a stop by your SB as well.

About all ima do on this one (not too happy with it), crits still taken though of course. Appreciate. But what to do next?, i jump around a lot with subjects. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How about a self portrait in comic book style?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Marian Rowling, Thanks for the suggestion, didn't read it till now, i don't think anyone wants to see my mug, but if someone else wants me to turn them into a super hero, i'd do that. Thanks again.

Couldn't think of anything else to do tonight, so did a few more quicker portraits. Ava Gardner and Jane Russell. One is more done then the other, nothing serious though. Crits and comments always appreciated.

Inspired by some thread on CA.org about ''Zhang Lu & Jason Manley Portraits Volume 1 - Caucasian Female '', saw the cool portraits and just made me wa...nt to play around on my own since i can't afford the download. Some day maybe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man
    thanks heaps for checking out my sketchbook, much appreciated.
    great stuff here, keep posting really like how small but effective some of your drawings are

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Gruden, Hey my ppleasure i ll be sure to try and stop by another time.

Not much, more random art- color WIP of my little 2 x 3 akuma marker sketch: http://neueoic.deviantart.com/art/Ak...-3in-142344485 . Just randomness, gunna do his flames up and fix some crap, nothing too serious. Crits comments welcome.

Akuma @ capcom. Inspired by UDON Alvin Lee's SF #12a cover.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a small post of the pic above. SF Akuma. Crits and comments appreciate.

Edit: Made his melon bigger.

Last edited by Izer; December 21st, 2009 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool! I know he is a demon, but his head is incredibly small compared to the rest of him. It makes me think of the last scene of Beetlejuice, when he is in the waiting room and the indian witch doctor shrinks his head...

My full range of work: http://anjyil.deviantart.com/gallery/

My weird sketchbook here (it`s best to just skip to the end haha): http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...06#post2430006

14. The Following User Says Thank You to anjyil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @anjyil, ahh yeah sorry so late n reply, havent done much lately, yeah the size is a bit small, i could pass it off as super sayian style though lol, im just joshin', i ll have to take my time next time. Thanks for the feedback and comemnt.

Umm not much here for this update, But at least its not fan art or something. I decided to try some things outta my melon (head) for once, so that's all i ll be posting i think for a while.

The first one is a excerpt from the larger illustration, was done for Bobby Chiu's Marcelo Vignali ''Mermaids' comp, started it that friday night and didnt have time to finish much so just threw some random weapons in her hands and cropped it and threw some random colors over top.

So by no means done, i'll design all new weapons and things for the illustration, and there are more mermaids Rogues and mermaid hunter eels as well. So its sorta just a early stage, but i figured i mite as well post it and maybe get some crits so far. That said im not a illustrator and doing BG's or scenes isnt my thing, but if anyone can hep with some feedback or anything much appreciated. Low quality .gifs.

ChiuStream Blog, check it out, hes doin some good stuff over there: http://chiustream.blogspot.com/2009/...obby-chiu.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What i work with....

Genius 9x12 tablet, mouse and my sad excuse for a stylus. Pen pressure is like 1023, not much, but she works. Stylus has no buttons and no end cap and is taped up cause i had to take the cap off cause the tip was to small to work with, and i have no more pen tips. A replacement pen is like 30 bucks, just gotta get some work. I'f all else fails i could write Santa i suppose.

Just thought id share.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful sketch. I wonder--what are you going to do with all that negative space above her?

My weird sketchbook here (it`s best to just skip to the end haha): http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...06#post2430006

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anjyil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @anjyil, Appreciate the comment and the question. Answer: There are more mermaids and hunters to put into the scene itself, not sure how many but they will take up that space, sorta like a battle scene taper backwards out of the foreground, of course if anything i could crop it a bit more if i cant fill the space itself. Mite also fill it with some sort of back ground, coral - some sort of underwater city - or what ever else. I didnt really plan this out to well i know, but she'll come along with a little effort. Thanks again for taking the time to stop. Keep rockin'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work! I think the composition in that last image could use some adjusting though. There's that big empty space right in the middle. You've got some nice portraits up there though...cool Street Fighter images too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can`t to see what you do with it--it will definately be cool either way

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @jackpot_anjr90, Thanks for takin a look, yeah im workin on it. I should so more thumbs before i commit.

@anjyil, appreciate the vote of confidence, but we'll see where it goes.

Rigged up my stylus to work, tooth pick tip worked. See how long it lasts.

Haven't done anything in i dunno a week or more, messed with this like 10 mins here and 10 mins there, did a bit more tonight. Added a BG of sorts. Lighting and details arent worked out, but it's gettin there. Crits/comments appreciated. Oh really have to work on composition/lighting/perspective/focal point/,well everything really. gotta get to it.

Link to a larger version: http://neueoic.deviantart.com/art/Me...WIP2-146395017

This is connected this this excerpt: http://neueoic.deviantart.com/art/Me...WIP1-145024946

P.s: Yeah gotta reshade her.

Last edited by Izer; December 11th, 2009 at 03:29 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff IZER i like the SF Akuma piece... and jane russel rockss.. really well done..

My Concept Sketchbook - My Profile - Don't care my grammar level.. Because i don't know anything about it..

24. The Following User Says Thank You to north pole For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @north pole: Thanks for taking the time to have a look. Lots to improve on. Stopped by yur SB, great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wip

More random art, this is what i do with no direction. Zombify people, rather this was inspired by my friend Danielle's pictures, ref'd from 2 of them, so thanks to her for the inspiration.

I should note that is Milla Jovovich's hair, only shorter and messier, the other hair i had wasn't messy enough and was to ''Dollie'', also this wasn't and isnt intended to look like her(although it could pass as her). The dress is totally a coincidence, plus her dress is V cut. Anyways just something to pass the time. I think i want to Zombify some more people. Any crits or comments welcome.

I should finish things... sometime. All the time in the world, and im not suing it... Speaking of which, i should work on that Mermaid one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished up best i could of my last random art. Zombie Mode: Photoshop...all day.

Inspired by my friend Danielle's pictures. I think this mite be finished, still reading a bit flat and messy, but i need to break out of being to detailed to fast, gotta work on process and studies for sure. Crits and comments welcome.

Da.com link to this: http://neueoic.deviantart.com
    /art/Zombie-Mode-147336742

Last edited by Izer; December 21st, 2009 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It still is pretty cool either way. I saw the thumb on DA and it creeped me out lol

29. The Following User Says Thank You to anjyil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anjyil, Thanks for takin a look, yeah i was hopping it came off as creepy or something. Mermaids will get done this week, i've neglected it enough.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Izer,

Your zombie is totally horrid.....I mean that in the best way You've done a good job getting the gory feel to it. The only thing I could see was that the veins look a little bit to strong and maybe needed to be a bit more translucent. But hey I've never actually met a zombie so I could be wrong .

I really like the mermaid painting and I'm looking forward to seeing it develop.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Marian Rowling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marian Rowling, Thanks for taking a look, Yeah the version i had up there was to light i uploaded the wrong one, but i fixed her fingers a bit and added some hair streaks, was to globby, but yeah the veins i think are a bit much, but who knows, ill tone them down some time, i 'll have to do more research into decomp and find some good ref for next time. Yeah that mermaid piece is still sitting here atm, i'll try to finish it up, but i lack the knowledge to finish it successfully, but i'll study as much as i can and see how she goes. Appreciate the feed back and taking the time to comment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff! Akuma's head is way too small though. XD

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Bummer6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice sb and line work, keep it up
    btw thanks for the COW link

37. The Following User Says Thank You to heix33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bummer6 thanks, yeah that's been pointed out before, took a few mins and edited it, i switched out the older post.

heix33, thanks for takin a look. Yeah COW is great, gotta get back to those some time myself.

Back to it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some idea sketches for tonight, for Chiu stream contest. Contest is to draw Sean Galloway's Bastion's 7 character. Link to journal for info: http://imaginism.deviantart.com/journal/29103521 . I had a few more down i mite do a few more, or just pick from these 3. Nothing final yet. Suggestions comments crits etc always welcome.

Da link to this: http://neueoic.deviantart.com/art/B....ches-147711196

Characters property of Sean Galloway: http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/

Sean Galloway's blog: http://gotcheeks.blogspot.com/

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1