Sketchbook: *Updated - 2/14/14* - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: *Updated - 2/14/14*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just posting my COW #153, Lean, Mean and Green final. File is the small version so it shows up oh the forum page, so quality mite be a little poor.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My last post was supposed to be my COW 153 final but i had another idea i couldnt resist trying, im not to good at sequence art, but i threw this together to show how my creature hides, lures and kills it's prey, just sketchy but i thought it needed a explanation, hope it's understandable. Oh i was inspired by all the long eared creatures bein killed on other COW entries. So i had to axe one of my own. Close up pof the sequence below the creature post.

Concept: Four-Tail Gourigh
    The four tailed Gourigh, these clever and menacing creatures inhabit the vast darkness plains like a sea of lights. Using their highly fluorescence and enticing tails as a lures, leaving them to dance among the grasses innocently in the drafty darkness, their prey has little chance just casually passing by without wanting to take a closer look. Wanderer quote: ''Anything left in the darkness long enough will begin to hunger, even the darkness itself is said to bite back...''.

Last edited by Izer; September 1st, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya Izer. I should've posted here a long time ago, but I'm ashamed to say I forgot

Those last images really show a big improvement, compared to the last page of this topic. You seem to know what you are lacking in your work, and work on it, so I don't believe I need to give you any tip.

Keep it up, practice makes perfect!

-------------------------------------------------
    SKETCHBOOK

MorArt - Portfolio

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Morgado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Morgado, Hey it's nps,thanks for taking the time to stop by, i appreciate every comment/crit i get. Yeah i'm trying to finish some of the things i start, the challenges here give me some much needed direction(which i really need), so that helps, mhm practice practice.. I'll update again tomorrow gota few coffee house sketches here and there. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some weekend sketches. I'll color these some time this week or weekend, sorry for the quality, newsprint and a small scanner makes things difficult, they'll look better after some paint. Crits/comments welcome.

Joker/Batman - DC
    Magneto - Marvel/Disney

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook!

Also you got some really great stuff here I'm liking your line work, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Harkins, Hey my pleasure, and same to you, yeah tryin to color up some of my line work as well. Thanks again!

Still a WIP, but digital practice based on the sketches from my last post. based and inspired by sketches from a Alex Ross book i got from my local library. Still a bit more to do, but my computer only allows me to use photoshop for so long, or its my tablet crappin out on me, not sure which, but excuses aside i 'll finish the rest another day. Comments/crits welcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just another quick update on this one, had some anatomy issues here and there and had to overlay color on batz. Bit more to go, going to start my Magneto here soon (Pencil drawing is on the top of this page), the Batman/Joker combo is practice for it. Comments/crits welcome.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Izer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, this batman-joker thing is awesome, i just dont like the renderning on batmans mask....i think too much and too bright white...i should be more dull grey i think...well, its just my opinion keep rockin!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jatherip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @jatherip, yeah it's not finished just yet, and i believe you're observation is spot on, it's far too bright, i'll bring it down a notch on the brightness, same for his ears as well. Thanks for the crit/comment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Small little update,

Color of a Magneto sketch (seen at the top of this page), different style, didn't get exactly what i wanted but i learned a bit about how to go about things, so next time i try this style it should flow a bit better. Magneto @marvel/Disney

Next is a coloring test for Kyokudai on deviantart, he asked me to color a bit of his character, like how with what he gave me i would do it, and on the right is what i came up with, his original is seen on the left. Character credit is all his.

I'll probably move from the comic stuff fora bit, i have had some tattoo designs i've wanted to get done that i've been neglecting, so that's next on my list, but i can't say you won't see some different things, i bounce around alot with what i do(no direction). I'll try to get in some actual studies as well. Thanks for the look, appreciate all comments/crits.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, i also like the batman joker pic, but i think batmans expression looks like hes reading the paper as hes pinching a loaf. Also i think his bat ears look more like theyre on the joker, the jokers hairline looks way to close to his brow also. Great expression tho! Keep it up man

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus Food For This Useful Post:

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. This stuff is killer. Great Magneto/colors. Everything in here has the effect of making your breath catch in your throat.

A few minor mistakes here and there... but by and large some top quality stuff.

Subscribing.

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

18. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Jesus Food, Yeah his expressions is a bit odds, it's been brought to my attention a few times, and the distances of the heads is causing the other issue with the bat ears, I still haven't worked on that piece since that post, mostly because i wanted to see if i could get some feedback, and it looks like i got enough to move forward with it. Thanks for the crit/comment. I'll address the Joker's hair as well and drop by your SB.

@P Sage, appreciate the comment/look, I'll work on the minor mistakes. I'll drop by your SB as well. Thanks again.

Last edited by Izer; September 15th, 2009 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Izer your sketchbook is good and full of interesting work. I really like the humour you captured with the drawing of the women with her mouth wide open in post 88. Also love the lighting in your 'Joker/Batman' painting. Thanks for stopping by my SB.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Marian Rowling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Marian Rowling, my pleasure, good stuff, and same to you. thanks the girl was reffed but it was nice charcoal practice, yeah that batman/joker piece is commin along. Thanks for takin the time to stop by, appreciate it.

Also a updated Batman/Joker painting, i think i'll just stick with this one for now. Crits/comments welcome.

Here's my COW 155 biped - insectiod - WIP, i plan to do a illustration with all of the Bousflorins (it's a set), so just a concept sheet(just side views). Bit sketchy and no color, just wanted to put some effort and thought into this one(i usually just wing it), apologies for the misspellings i typed those descriptions in photoshop and didn't spell check, but i'll edit any mistakes before i post my final. Hope the descriptions make sense(if they don't i'll fix it before finals). Had a idea and just ran with it....crits/comments welcome.

If anyone hasn't dropped by the creature of the week section, it's definitely worth a look, even if you don't participate, great concepts and fun. Link to section: http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just another COW 155 WIP post, still a bit more to do(spelling/grammar, and description). After this is all tattoo designs and some local stuff from our Open Mic nights. We'll see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    COW 155 notes to final.

If anyone hasn't dropped by the creature of the week section, it's definitely worth a look, even if you don't participate, great concepts and fun. Link to section: http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Izer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mam. loving your work keep it coming

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not much of an update, COW 156 RED HOT DOOM, I sorta rushed the last 2 days to pump this out. I went with a different style, and didn't plan it out too well, same with colors, so it took a bit longer to finish then i would have liked.

NOTE: You can see it closer with this link: http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs51/f/20...by_Neueoic.jpg

Draconian ''Tri-Burst'' SurpuhntName:  cow156wip1ca.gif
Views: 209
Size:  106.7 KB

Name:  cow156wip3ca.gif
Views: 198
Size:  252.2 KB

Name:  cow156wipheads.gif
Views: 191
Size:  212.4 KB

Last edited by Izer; October 3rd, 2009 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh hey Ajene, long time, thanks for the comment, appreciate that, I'll try to get more done, and iI'll drop by your SB as well and see what's been up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice collection of work. I really like the Batman/Joker image. Two sides of the same coin, or that is the feeling I get from the image. That is one of the coolest and most manical Jokers I have ever seen, and Batman looks so sad.

Interesting character concept of the Bousflorin Queen, too. I like how you laid out the flowers in the bouqet. It is well balanced.

My full range of work: http://anjyil.deviantart.com/gallery/

My weird sketchbook here (it`s best to just skip to the end haha): http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...06#post2430006

31. The Following User Says Thank You to anjyil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @anjyil , thanks for droppin by. Credit goes to Alex Ross for both Batman and Joker, i had a hardcover book i borrowed form the local library and jus thought they where cool so i decided to try and paint my version of each based on his paintings, well Batman was a 3d model that was made based on Alex Ross's
    Batman. Anyways that aside, just practice, yeah the joker looks crazy for sure.
    Ahh the Bousflorin Queen and fam, yeah concepts where fun, but the flowers took forever. Appreciate the comments. I'll stop by your SB if i haven't already recently. Happy drawing.

Just a quick WIP/digi practice, Hellboy, asked some ppl on DA to choose a Darkhorse character t\for me to draw and the chose Helboy,but i plan to do more DH characters as well. But like my last post i really have to buckle down on a process, it flip from line work to a painting process and it makes things slow and awkward. Bit muddy and i have to add his tail, i plan to add the other DH chars in here as well and a title where his lower legs should be and a BG of some sort.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm havent touched this in a while...WIP of some darkhorse characters, not even close to done though, so feel free to comment and crit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nothing serious just some Halloween fun, mite do some more. PS CS2 a few. I've been neglecting art of any kind for the last few weeks or so, but i'll try to get back into the swing of things with some FUN.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2.5 x 3.5 Inches Watercolor board.

Something new to try. Just not a lot of space.

Coloring didn't turn out well and scanner didnt help(looks better on the board itself).

I used Prisma color markers, and colored pencil and rapidograph pen (3.5). Didn't have the colors i needed, but oh well it was fun. I'll try some more later. I need to save up for copics or paints or something.

Tryin this out was inspired by a few cool sketchcard artists, so big shout out to them, if you have a chance check them out:

Sofera: http://sofera.deviantart.com/
    Ngoff: http://ngoff.deviantart.com/
    Hairyapeman: http://hairyapeman.deviantart.com/
    Alphamalezulu4: http://alphamalezulu4.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Digital coloring of my last post, original was 2.5 x 3.5, colored over it in photoshop today for fun. Crits and comments appreciated.

Last edited by Izer; January 3rd, 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great character design work!
    I love the COW 155 work you did.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Novacostle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Novacostle, Thanks for stoppin', yeah i havent done to many COW's but they are fun.

Since i tend to jump around a lot with what i do, heres another sketchcard for fun. really need to get some bristol board and some copics, colored pencil doesn't do justice, small space to draw on, but it's still fun. Havent decided if ima digitally color this liek i did the Kratos sketchcard in the last post, we'll see.

2.5 x 3.5 inches, pencil and some kind of ink on watercolor board. The colored with color pencil.

Kula Diamond, King of fighters.

Suggested by Kyokudai-Project: http://kyokudai-project.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2.5 x 3.5 sketchpad paper, scanned.

Just some prismacolor marker doodle fun of Akuma from street fighter, my fav character. Scanning these is turning out to ruin them, looks much better and clearer on paper. anyways wanted to practice this size and on diff paper. Crits comments appreciated.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6