Sketchbook: Lovesick Robot's Sketchbook! /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Lovesick Robot's Sketchbook! /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lovesick Robot's Sketchbook! /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/

Well hello there.

I've been watching CA for a while now, and I decided that it was high-time I joined in on the fun.

So here we go, my first figure drawing session in... uh, two years? Phew! Get ready for some rusty drawings...

Media: mechanical pencil and sketchpad
    Observations: I need LOTS of work on the male figure... and I need to go ahead and shell out the $6 every week so I can shake the rust off.

Next week, I'm going to remember to take a broader range of pencils so I can get a broader range of value.

Hands and feet: I'm not afraid of drawing them, I swear! I just need to figure out how to get the entire figure on the page >.<

Any critiques that will help me enhance my figure drawing abilities are strongly encouraged and immensely appreciated thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

MacTire is offline pencil pushing blotter jotter Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm, for improving your figures, you may want to work on your proportions, and have a little more confidence in your lines (though I cant say much myself!). A nice start none the less!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @MacTire: Thanks! And I agree totally... a lot of my thick, fuzzy lines come from trying to fix proportion issues and running out of time for the pose (something else I need to work on) I laugh every time I look at the second image, because the right arm and hand are comically small XD

@di amorim: Thanks it's not horrendous, certainly, but I've got a long way to go-- your encouragement is appreciated!

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you're off to a good start. In addition to proportion as mentioned above, I think you need to be aware of foreshortening. That tends to throw people off when they're beginning. Also, as McTire said, be more confident. If you need to do some sketchy lines, try making them lighter.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm currently the project manager of Studio Sunday, an artist collective based in Milwaukee. There's four of us in the mix right now, and together we possess the skills to create (nearly) anything the imagination can procure. Welding, embroidery, package design, illustration, etc.etc.-- if something needs to get done, at least one of us can do it.

At the moment, we're planning an installation based on a fairy tale that we wrote using words and phrases we scribbled on post-it notes. We're each assigned a section of the story to portray, and the further we get into the concept phase of the installation, the more we realize that collaboration is essential in order to get this installation done by our ultimate deadline, which is in August.

Anyway, the story begins and ends on a floating island, and the illustrator who's depicting that part of the story has gone temporarily MIA-- as a result, I've taken it upon myself to come up with a few concepts for the island that she can work with, change, or throw away as she sees fit... anything to get her motivated when she finally returns to us.

This particular image is obviously a WIP-- any thoughts, suggestions and critiques are welcome and encouraged!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.