Moth WIP

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Moth WIP

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Moth WIP

Well Hi, I'm new to this forum...Kinda, been lurking around for a while, so it's about time I post something of my own now.

Moth WIP

I haven't worked with wacom tablets much at all, this is the second pic I've done entirely with tablet I think, and the first time I work in Painter, so I'm still trying to figure out how things work. my biggest problem is the background. I can't make it a grungy, old looking one. Bah, I can't make a background at all.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya! I like this moth, it looks pretty sweet.
    What's your process for something like this? Did you paint it from scratch, or use a photo, or...?

Getting textures when coloring on the computer can be hard, but it looks like you did a good job with the moth! Its hard to tell you what you need to improve on with your background if you havent tried to add one yet, though.

For grungy textures to use as a base or an overlay, cgtextures.com is pretty awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you!
    I've looked at photos of moths before, but this particular pic I did on freehand. Though I used a reference photo for the patterns of the wings.

Yes, I don't really understand what I did to get the texture and style of the moth the way I wanted it, when it doesn't work at all when I try to make the background the same way. A mystery indeed.

Thanks for the link, I will check that out. Got any ideas of how to make grungy look without using a grunge brush that does all the work for you in 5 seconds?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.