Apocalypse
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Apocalypse

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Apocalypse

This is my first drawing in PS, lineart and everything was done in PS, mostly just using default brush, smudge, and opacity. I drew it from life it's a stuate I own. It's also not complete, haven't rendered the hands in.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Any C&C is appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not bad for your first time drawing and painting in ps. My first suggestion to you is define your light source. Right now you have highlights and shadows but they don't make any sense. Take advantage of the fact that you have this figure in 3d. Maybe get a desk lamp and shine it on him with all other lights turned off.

Also, consider maybe a more neutral background color. The black is overpowering the figure at the moment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As far as Photoshop tips go, it looks like you're using very small brushes which makes it difficult to render volume. As a general, personal rule of thumb, I try and use the largest brush possible when rendering something, until it's too large to fit in the area that I'm trying to work on. But that's just me.
    Also, if you're not thinking about this as a polished, finished piece of art, treat it like it is. Think about the composition of this. Do you want a really tight frame around the figure, or do you want looooottttssss of space around him? Simple decisions like this can dramatically change an image and make it more interesting.
    And also, the collar-majiger seems a bit wonky. The side that's going behind his head on our left seems to suggest something that is round but the side on our right is very angular. I dunno though, cause I don't have the figure in front of me, but, a double check maybe?
    Keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a picture of the statue I was using as reference

The only lightsource was the light comeing from behind me, and the light from the monitor lol.

Thanks for your replies guys I will try and make some changes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't ever use the smudge tool, mostly I use the large, hard, round brush on a high opacity, take full advantage of your reflected lights as well, it will give it another level of realism.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.