EOW 108 Planet of the space vixens

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Eow 107 Planet of the Space Vixens

Brief
    this can be an interior or and exterior. Id rather not see actual space vixens promenently featured,, remember this is an environment. on the other hand you need to visually represent that this is a planet dominated by sexy females Have fun

DUE March 12 2009

and we're off again!

NO description required, say what you need to say visually.

FOLLOW THE TOPIC.

POST YOUR FINAL HERE THREAD.

SAVE YOUR FILES IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT.
    EOW##_Nickname
    example: "EOW#100_Chaosrocks.jpg"

PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC

example from CHOW

(you can add CA logo, etc).

Add an icon to you final post
    150 pixels either direction
    PLEASE OUTSIDE HOST THE ICON
    k thx

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, this could be challenging but I'm in!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Barbarella comes to mind.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, here is my idea so far. Partly interior, mostly out. The figure will be a giant Gold or Marble statue of a sexy space vixen surrounded by the essential shopping plaza. Not sure about the background or sky yet. Might have some space ship activity going on.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, I had this idea I hope it's not waaaay too profane. Work in progress.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psantha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zimfin> Nice! The composition and architecture match the theme very well. I'm interested to see what you choose for colors.

psantha> I don't think that's too profane, at all (though I'm no authority on the site)! I realize it's a work in progress, but is the "nipple" an object orbiting the planet, or is it resting on the face? I suppose it will get clearer as you develop it more. An idea occurs to me... LOL... rivers for veins? Now "I" might be getting too profane, but anatomy is anatomy, right?!

Think I might be sitting this one out, as I'll be out of town for part of it, and I'm committed to finishing the concept I've already started, even if it will be too late to enter (Island Paradise).

Don't worry, I'll still be adding my critiques, when I have time. (I need to build up some karma, so I can get some detailed critiques for my next posted piece)

Last edited by Okcyde; March 5th, 2009 at 01:06 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Okcyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    psantha: Definitely not profane in my opinion! Carry on!

Planned what I am doing colour-wise, (mostly) and this is where I am so far. Obviously I have worked more on the background detail at this point. Could not resist trying some nice mountains!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zimfin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

13. The Following User Says Thank You to corspufo For This Useful Post:

ALH is offline one of those tiny little dogs rich people keep in their vaginas
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll bite. Its been ages since i did one of these, my last one died halfway through and i needed some serious rethinking of how i approach these topics.

Thinking of the planet from the space vixens point of view- theyre strong, amazonian, and have styled their planet/interiors as if they were part of their outfit. Lots of sexy curves etc.

I lost my way a little when it came to the last few thumbnails on here- got some bad news which put me into an initial frenzy ...then i completely lost focus. Theres a lot of tipp ex action here too since photoshop has pwnd how i approach these things. Should have used markers then worked darker - ill know for next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ALH - I really like all those curlicues, it is what I was imagining. It has a sort of Art Noveau space feel to it, like a good ol' space opera.
    psantha - ... LOL. That's all I have to say.
    Zimfin - the architecture doesn't seem to say that amazon space princesses live on this planet. It's very male, straight lines, logic. At least that's my take on it.

It might be interesting to note that long ago before the days of Hallmark, pink/red was considered a sanguine, manly color, like that of blood, and blue was considered a feminine, calm color. Hallmark apparently screwed up the color scheme on their cards one year, and it stuck. Thus goes the urban legend at least.

My DeviantArt Page | Help me improve!! My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never done an EOW before, but I really need to work on my Environment skills so I thought I'd throw my hat into this one. After doing a series of thumbs, these two were the only ones that turned out promising.

I figured a planet dominated by women would have respect for fertility and life and nature, so I wanted a lot of growing things, a lot of vines, a lot of water, and billowy-cloth.

Definitely leaning towards the one on the left.

Last edited by Djinn; June 12th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
    Crits, Advice, and Feedback always appreciated.

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the inside of my eyelids" -Aesop Rock

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by meganite View Post
    Zimfin - the architecture doesn't seem to say that amazon space princesses live on this planet. It's very male, straight lines, logic. At least that's my take on it.
    Thanks for commenting.
    Well, since these are woman who are meant to be tough and dominating, I did not imagine them as "girly" women with floral architecture and besides they are space "vixens", not princesses. I don't see too many straight lines in there either, it's more curves really.
    The idea behind my design is that this is an area built around the original landing site from when they first found this planet in their space travels. The mountains and trees represent their love for nature and the building is part of a shopping complex, (got to buy their sexy vixen outfits somewhere right? lol) where they can sit, drink something and view the monument on the landing site. The dome building, represents their original ship.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by zimfin View Post
    Thanks for commenting.
    Well, since these are woman who are meant to be tough and dominating, I did not imagine them as "girly" women with floral architecture and besides they are space "vixens", not princesses. I don't see too many straight lines in there either, it's more curves really.
    The idea behind my design is that this is an area built around the original landing site from when they first found this planet in their space travels. The mountains and trees represent their love for nature and the building is part of a shopping complex, (got to buy their sexy vixen outfits somewhere right? lol) where they can sit, drink something and view the monument on the landing site. The dome building, represents their original ship.

The problem i have with the image is along the same lines as meganites, the image does seem masculine, but not in a ' these girls are tough' way..more..men built this. You have a good start, but i think it can be pushed a little further- Theres a subtle difference between how a man may perceive these strong, tough women and how they would actually portray themselves.

For example, The girl in your image reminds me more of the male view of female sexuality than that of a powerful womans own view of herself- At the moment she looks more like a pinup model from a mans magazine, and while im sure she is alluring.. to me, as a female, she doesnt look like much of a role model.

Personally i'd say she needs a little more attitude, a little more strength to her pose, a little domineering control, a little more ' I can play naughty or nice ..but dont mess with me or i'll have your balls off with my lazer pistol '.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

idea is it's a bar and roller disco.
    how can I make it clear its a roller disco without making a sign saying roller disco?

EOW 108 Planet of the space vixensEOW 108 Planet of the space vixensEOW 108 Planet of the space vixensEOW 108 Planet of the space vixens

Last edited by ashton; March 9th, 2009 at 03:27 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH View Post
    The problem i have with the image is along the same lines as meganites, the image does seem masculine, but not in a ' these girls are tough' way..more..men built this. You have a good start, but i think it can be pushed a little further- Theres a subtle difference between how a man may perceive these strong, tough women and how they would actually portray themselves.

For example, The girl in your image reminds me more of the male view of female sexuality than that of a powerful womans own view of herself- At the moment she looks more like a pinup model from a mans magazine, and while im sure she is alluring.. to me, as a female, she doesnt look like much of a role model.

Personally i'd say she needs a little more attitude, a little more strength to her pose, a little domineering control, a little more ' I can play naughty or nice ..but dont mess with me or i'll have your balls off with my lazer pistol '.
    Lol, Thanks. I am quite far on now though so I am not sure I have time to make such a big change as her pose nor am I sure how I could make her as you suggest, especially from a woman's point of view. I know her pose is "pinup", male view material but in my mind her face showed strength and her proud nakedness showed confidence in herself.

This is what I have so far. Nothing finished yet completely and the building is barely rendered at all but I am getting there! I am really nor sure about the red pathways at this point either. The idea behind the colour was that they would represent blood spilled or hardship during the time of settlement or travel to the planet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I figured, since I don't have much environment design experience, that a quick mock-up 3D model used as a foundation for my painting would probably help me. I haven't done any 3D modeling in years and I forgot how fun it is, so I think I went a little overboard with my 3D layout/foundation thing. But anyway, here is my SketchUp model.

(based on my earlier thumbnail) I see a lush greenhouse behind the throne, probably with some colorful birds. the nearly shapeless sphere-ish things on the wall will be statue heads pouring water into the half-circle basins, which in turn spill down into the water-filled walkway.

Last edited by Djinn; June 12th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
    Crits, Advice, and Feedback always appreciated.

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the inside of my eyelids" -Aesop Rock

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Djinn: That looks great. I love the angle you have chosen. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ashton View Post

idea is it's a bar and roller disco.
    how can I make it clear its a roller disco without making a sign saying roller disco?

Well, for one i'd change the pose of the girl on the ramp- id imagine it would be incredibly tricky to stay that balanced on a slope in rollerskates!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heheh ok look.... "space vixen" IMPLIES Male pinup view! think 50s camp scifi
    covers. think Star trek (the original show with kirk and all) Im certainly not going to penalize anyone for stereotypical pinup portrayal. But where do these pinups hang out? I mena they have there own planet after all.

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Psantha, that is hilarious dude

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Rambozo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrocks View Post
    heheh ok look.... "space vixen" IMPLIES Male pinup view! think 50s camp scifi
    covers. think Star trek (the original show with kirk and all) Im certainly not going to penalize anyone for stereotypical pinup portrayal. But where do these pinups hang out? I mena they have there own planet after all.
    Ha ha. Do a Google Image search for "Venus on the Half Shell" by Kilgore Trout.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was thinking EE"doc" Smith....
    and the beautiful-but-dumb cynthia...
    but yeah
    mr asimov in disguise will do

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

instead of being on the planet this takes place on the exterior of the vixens ship that is hovering over the planet . . . . . and the green thingy on the left is a hollogram vixen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think, concept-wise I kinda failed in this one, or well most of my times its the concept part what is lacking the most. uhm maybe there is a way to practice that... maybe do some sort of mindmap everytime I try to start some painting.

Well I was gonna do an outdoor scene at first, but I had never done any real indoor enviroment so I was quite exited to start this one, not knowing if my skills was up to the challange to render the inside of a room.

anyway this is how it looks so far, the lightning is abit off with those two flames, I added them quite late, so I havnt adjusted the surrounding to fit.

Also some line issues with the closest window to the left, fiixing those later and a few stuff more..

And yeh thanks to Tonic showing, showing the program that renders the sketchup models, it sure is handy, and looks better than those ugly lines I get in sketchupXD.

But it was really hard to work with the 3d model base, overlay over overlay, color layers, uhm tried everything to get it to work.

In the end I think for me, it was best to use the 3d model to get the perspective right, than I could go and select all different planes and walls and save them on different layers as a layermask.

So than I can just take those masks and paint on new layers with a big brush.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There seems to be some confusion between a vixen and an amazon.
    An amazon will use her physical strength to achieve her goals. A vixen uses her sexual ability to manipulate those attracted to her and uses them to achieve her goals. I'm male and I've been around women where I'm just putty in their hands. Its weird, I just want to make them happy and I don't feel manipulated.

This reminds me of a Sufi expression, "Some say that when the moth is consumed in the flame, this is a tragedy. I say that it is a celebration, for he is consumed in that which he desires."

"Who among you will give ear to this, who will hear for the time to come?"

Last edited by tsujni; March 10th, 2009 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good point tsujni

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    seconding chaosrocks, excellent point Tsujni.

I've had a bit of trouble sexing up my architecture - i got lost in the technical side of worrying about perspective and the likes and completely forgot the intentions of my initial idea. Thankfully after a bit of chatting with a male friend and some much needed research i'm back on the right track again.

The version here is the 'before'- the 'after' should hopefully get pretty darn steamy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not going to finish this. Just came to mind, when I read the brief.

IE - it's a pink planet with a G string panty. Could've been a blue planet with green panty, but that would be tougher to do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Annnnnd the winner is...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... and I kept thinking of "landing strip" jokes.

On a more serious note. Look forward to seeing the *real* projects develop here. Lots of great stuff.

PS: I just realized, there's a boob up there too. With nipple. Same idea. Ahem. I made mine after reading the brief, and without checking out the posted images. I didn't want to get influenced (or compete). Didn't mean to rip off the idea. Sorry.

Last edited by DauDau; March 11th, 2009 at 04:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.