Thanks

Help. Which protector for my 21ux screen?

After only a week of use on this thing, after spending $2500 on it, I'm seeing scratches!! Not a deal breaker yet, but I refuse to draw anymore on it until I get it protected. Pissed at Wacom, they refuse to address the issue.

So I've found some screen protectors for my 21ux, and I'm not sure what would be best. This one, to me sounds the best, because it is a matte finish that will replicate the current surface I think...

ViewGuard:

http://www.buyviewguard.com/anti-gla...FSAeDQodwwYTnA

Then there's this one, that has a lifetime warranty. You only buy it once, but I read reviews that it makes drawing on the 21ux feel awkward because the surface is slick:

The Invisible Shield:

http://www.invisibleskinz.com/wacom-...p/wacc21ux.htm

Then here are a couple of others that sounded decent, but no real information on their quality, and couldn't find any reviews on them:

NuShield:
    http://www.nushield.com/buy.php

Generic Protector:

http://www.posr.us/store/pc/viewPrd....gory=0#details

The Invisible Shield is the most expensive, at $56. Anyone using similar protectors? I need help. Please.
    "It is ten percent how you draw, and ninety percent what you draw." - Andrew Loomis

Artastic's Sketchbook

Visit my new username and sketchbook at Thor's Hammer

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Come on guys. I really need some input here. My work is on hold until I get a screen protector. Please please. Someone has to be using screen protectors too for their 21ux. Just need to know which one is best. Thank you so much.
    "It is ten percent how you draw, and ninety percent what you draw." - Andrew Loomis

Artastic's Sketchbook

Thanks
    I have neither a Cintiq, nor experience with the screen protecters, but from what I've heard one of the main things you should look for is one that removes cleanly without leaving any residue on the surface. As long as it meets that requirement, I'd get anything cheap just to get back to work, and worry about the best one when you have time to get more feedback.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 737 Posts
    OK, I've used a Cintiq at work for 3 years. The surface has light scratching and there are a few dead pixels. Nothing that interferes with my drawing, and I use it every day 5 days a week. If you're seeing scratches that get in the way of your work, then you have a dodgy screen or are pressing very hard! You have to expect some degree of scratched surface because you are rubbing two hard objects together, it's unavoidable. Are you sure you're not getting very sensitive to marking your shiny new toy?

I have also recently bought a personal one for home use. The surface is a matte finish, unlike the work one which is shinier, and one of the earlier models with a completely flat screen and no indent. I can see why you might get a bit precious about it, but believe me, you will get fine scratches.

As for best protector, I can't say. I like the friction the screen provides, and wouldn't want anything to interfere with that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aly Fell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I use a Nushield protector on my 12WX - it has put an end to the scratches.

Prior to that I was getting quite a few, some of the deeper ones caused rainbow patterns that were quite annoying, and given time would definitely start to interfere with my work.

I think it's mostly down to dust getting caught on the stylus, and even if you keep it really clean (which I did) it's hard to stop the screen from scratching.

Thanks
    I ended up getting the ViewGuard since it has a matte finish to it. It should be here in a few days. I will let everyone know how well it works out. Thank you.

Artastic's Sketchbook