Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Well did get to anything today at work because of all the problems with the jets today...lol at one point there were 5 of us on shift..and we were working on 4 jets at the same time! Now no one in our squardron can say that...its was a busy night...okay well going to finish the blind 1hr contour and cross contour when i wake up before tonights watch standing . =)

Toodle-Loo

Attached Images Attached Images    
    "If you want something. Go get it. Period."

Sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=151856&page=4
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    yea your newest ones are looking good, you can feel the segments better. althought you do want to use the longest lines possible you want to feel that the body has rigid individual segments/ but still feel like one flowing piece,

pose maniacs is cool but looking at great figure drawings might help more. http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...title&resnum=1

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

this is a google image search on figure drawings, study how other artist draw the individual parts, knees, neck, fingers. its great to do quick studies, But you also have to study the parts in detail by themselves, so that you know what to indicate in the quick poses. the old masters had their young studens learn to the draw the individual parts from different views, so that they gained understanding. try copying, and studying these drawings so you begin to form a line language for different situations, artist will draw the same object in many ways. look for long lines, and short dashes, and where they choose to use them , but most importantly is to study the parts,

but study many different figure artist, to see how they treat the parts, so you have your style, and dont get to caught in one artist or else youll become a clone hehe.

also for heads shade the whites of the eyes, the general rules for shading is if something is a perfect white the value will drop about 20% percent to indicate a shadow, a shape with a 50 value will drop to 75 in darkeness in the shadows, 80 value on a shape will drop to 100 percent darkness. ofcourse this can change depending on light conditions. this trick keeps your shawdows from bieng the same value on different light and dark shapes.

hope this makes sense. heheh.

Thanks
    oh yea, almost forgot, Really focus on the joints, they are what makes the drawing work, they are where all the movement is and they also show the most change, the joints neck to head, neck to shoulders, also the waist to hips and waist to rib cage, these are the hardest because they are soft, they twist bend and stretch. not to mention the other joints. knees , elbows , finger joints, these are simplier because they only bend in one direction....

but also draw out of your head, draw crazy stuff, let the imagination flow out, hehe now im getting loopy,

Thanks
    thank you Alex for all of that...i will seriously take it to heart and am already on page 12 of the googling link you suggested...lol. I just recieved the book Force: dynamic life drawing for animators in the mail today...so will be seriously trying to grasp this *feel* for the figure along with promoting strong lines (the pages i read of the book today talked just about this same idea you are throwing at me!! haha!)

Okay...well updating coming soon...internet is not good enough atm for uploads =/ .

chow

Thanks
    Uploaded what I drew at work in the last two days...been busy..assignment 2A part 2 is to come...need to wake up later today and finish it. But off to bed for now...

Gooing to start looking up an artist a day for inspiration/knowledge. Starting with top 200 artists of the 20th century. Man do i know nothing about Picasso..lol did him today...very informing..and actually know his work now...

Okay...(oh! and i hate, HATE 1hr blind contour..whenever i pick it up...its like i lose the proportion i was drawing at...and can never get it back)...sigh...blind contour and cross contour to come...

Thanks

2A part 2. haha! blind contour!

Well after like 3 weeks of being frustrated and scared to do blind contour...i found the nerve to finish it...so here is a 1hr blind contour nonstop and its ref under. totally butchered...but still dont have any grasp..so its allowed.

The 2 figures on the third is cross contour which i will finish at work today from magazine ref. game informer. *shrug* i found it! i swear!

Okay...haha! still static i actually finished teh blind contour. ^^

(.. )

Last edited by NewGuy22; July 24th, 2009 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks
    yea, blind contours are wierd, But they help break us out of our regular conditioned rutine .

A great way to do cross contours, is to actully draw the rings on yourself , like on your arm or whatever. or draw them on a friends face and take a picture, or have soemone from home draw the rings on there face, and send them to you. this way you can see how they actually flow around forms as opposed to guessing. peace out.

Thanks
    Ah!! Thanks Alex!! - I agree...cross is weird. And I will try your suggestion...along with doing it on my own arms, legs, etc. I should also draw it I am figuring? Thanks for checking up on me! =) Its comforting to know someone looks casually.

With this new book just coming in the mail (from above), I am trying to do what you suggested with 3d shapes. And this book goes along great because of its examples. =)

Okay...well the first page here is what i added to the last post's page for two days ago. Yesterday i slept in and was late to work, and was the only worker actually at work - so it was a busy night. I did not get anything pages down for yesterday. The last two pages here are from what i did at work today, while reading a new book that came in the mail titled Dynamic figure drawing by hogarth. I like this one far more then another dynamic book i just also recently recieved...THIS one, I think, is more on the level that is attainable, do-able, copy-able ; unlike the dynamic drawing for animators book.

Sitting now down to do the 2B part 1 which consists of gesture drawing and cross contour again. Will post in a few hours. =)

Thanks
    20 gestures drawings and some photos just like alex suggested....hmm..to draw them or not..hmm.

Thanks

AHHH the computer died!!

Well my computer has not worked until yesterday. I believe it has something to do with the motherboard/video card coming to their ends. But i got them to work, only for the internet and no game playing...So this could be a blessing of sorts. Keeps me off potential video games (which i didnt really play anyways..but still) and more time focusing on art.

I have been bummed about this whole thing and have only drawn a little sense everything has gone down...i will update tomorrow with what i finish.

Im trying to think up what i can say for a video scholarship entry i really need to win. So hopefully i go through with it atleast and enter something...and do it fast...

Im back!

So dont go anywhere!!

Thanks
    yea man, havnt checked out your thread in a while i hope it all get resolved, post up your pc specs!! might get replacement part donations. hehe

yea the hands look great draw them! hehe

Thanks
    Hey thanks Alex...I'll post something in the next few days.

Lol thanks for the thought on the computer. I need to actually buy a complete new one because the mother board and graphics card are shot on my laptop. =( So the soonest i can build a new one/ buy a new one is 3 months...so till then...ill find a way =/.

Ill post soon..later Alex.

Thanks

Rawr..back in action

the first of many..still need to remember to do more shadowing..not detail. Rawr. I'm back! Computer still broke though =/

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1