Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    yea, blind contours are wierd, But they help break us out of our regular conditioned rutine .

A great way to do cross contours, is to actully draw the rings on yourself , like on your arm or whatever. or draw them on a friends face and take a picture, or have soemone from home draw the rings on there face, and send them to you. this way you can see how they actually flow around forms as opposed to guessing. peace out.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Ah!! Thanks Alex!! - I agree...cross is weird. And I will try your suggestion...along with doing it on my own arms, legs, etc. I should also draw it I am figuring? Thanks for checking up on me! =) Its comforting to know someone looks casually.

With this new book just coming in the mail (from above), I am trying to do what you suggested with 3d shapes. And this book goes along great because of its examples. =)

Okay...well the first page here is what i added to the last post's page for two days ago. Yesterday i slept in and was late to work, and was the only worker actually at work - so it was a busy night. I did not get anything pages down for yesterday. The last two pages here are from what i did at work today, while reading a new book that came in the mail titled Dynamic figure drawing by hogarth. I like this one far more then another dynamic book i just also recently recieved...THIS one, I think, is more on the level that is attainable, do-able, copy-able ; unlike the dynamic drawing for animators book.

Sitting now down to do the 2B part 1 which consists of gesture drawing and cross contour again. Will post in a few hours. =)
    "If you want something. Go get it. Period."

Sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=151856&page=4

Thanks
    20 gestures drawings and some photos just like alex suggested....hmm..to draw them or not..hmm.

Thanks

AHHH the computer died!!

Well my computer has not worked until yesterday. I believe it has something to do with the motherboard/video card coming to their ends. But i got them to work, only for the internet and no game playing...So this could be a blessing of sorts. Keeps me off potential video games (which i didnt really play anyways..but still) and more time focusing on art.

I have been bummed about this whole thing and have only drawn a little sense everything has gone down...i will update tomorrow with what i finish.

Im trying to think up what i can say for a video scholarship entry i really need to win. So hopefully i go through with it atleast and enter something...and do it fast...

Im back!

So dont go anywhere!!

Thanks
    yea man, havnt checked out your thread in a while i hope it all get resolved, post up your pc specs!! might get replacement part donations. hehe

yea the hands look great draw them! hehe

Thanks
    Hey thanks Alex...I'll post something in the next few days.

Lol thanks for the thought on the computer. I need to actually buy a complete new one because the mother board and graphics card are shot on my laptop. =( So the soonest i can build a new one/ buy a new one is 3 months...so till then...ill find a way =/.

Ill post soon..later Alex.

Thanks

Rawr..back in action

the first of many..still need to remember to do more shadowing..not detail. Rawr. I'm back! Computer still broke though =/

Thanks

Rawr. Day 3 SP

Today's SP...anatomy of the arm was not finished..will post tomorrow.

I was very suprised I did so well on this one..Anatomically this is the best one I have drawn and I think the whole charcoal thing worked to my advantage. Lately I have lost my pencil sharpener so I have slowly been dulling everything before resharpening because I always forget to take the pencils to work..but i have a charcoal sharpening..weird i know. ^^

In good spirits. I have only weeks left until I am back in the states...and can't wait. Finally I can build a computer that actually will work! I will be able to do more then just open websites (basically if the default video card doesnt play it..i cant see it - the laptop's video card is not recognizable..its a faulty HP woot). Can't wait to build a desktop when i get back.

Okay well I'm off...late as usual (well in my head atleast...actually have 1hr 15 before I have to be at work...i like to be early.

Rawr.

I wonder how many of these SP's I should do...hmm

Thanks
    So I will start drawing again today. I second guessed my efforts and not having a working computer did not help anything. But I have finally arrived back in the Seattle area and have a new desktop that will get the job done. Now is where to restart? I think I am going to go back and restart the natural way to drawing*s assignments...contour drawing is the worst..this will be a rough start. May pull out bridgeman's constructive anatomy book just to start off...its been about 3 months sense I have drawn..too much stress at work coupled with no internet/comp has put me out of sorts..

But I'm back! Update incoming.

Thanks
    Cool stuff man... just one thing I'd recommend. Try drawing nudes from images, rather than posemaniacs. I used to draw with posemaniacs, but I realized it was a waste of time and I wasn't really learning anything. Also, take your time with those portraits. Like two hours on one, if you can. Just sit down and really really take your time, and erase if anything is not right. Keep looking and try to copy everything you see down exactly.

Keep it up.

Thanks

shit! T_T

cdejong - thanks man. I will def. be trying the real life nudes come jan. when i start a life drawing college coarse and possibly just life drawing groups that get together weekly. For now I sticking with drawing people at work and just still life's. I kind of understand, only now, the "waste of time" posemaniacs is...I am learning still how to look at things with an artist's eye..something I need to start doing again. Oo. Great idea about the portraits. I totally agree. I am restarting this book..the natural way to draw...and it will be asking for alot of contour..so most of my time will be looking at the objects that is what I will be drawing.
    Last edited by NewGuy22; December 15th, 2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: updating what I have done in the last few days.

Thanks
    hey
    nice thing going on im realy stoked whats gonna come out at the end
    i can already see how you improve . all those things you do thats realy inspiring to me . you got me motivated to look at the technical side of art again.
    i already saw two artist that started from zero and ended up like just mega good and skilled and everything.
    its hard at the beginning ,than it gets just better and better .

see you around !

oh and i realy realy like those books . so nice !

Thanks
    hey man, thx for the visit. dunno if i've said it before...i know i have SOMEWHERE...but, anyway, one good book of reading was Loomis' "Eye of the Painter"...it really opened my eyes to things i never thought about before, and it was really helpful. i don't recommend copying a lot of his drawings, mind you, but that's my opinion, take it or leave it. but, his thoughts on art, his writings, are PURE GENIUS! definitely take a read at them, tons of good information. keep working hard man, you're coming along.
    -A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    art figure drawing and painting class today. It is nice having a model. I think I am going to try to follow the natural way to draws schedule through these figure drawing sessions and I will be making myself learn acrylics. This color wheel here i come!. But all these supplies...ew. sigh.

Rawr. Will post contours from class soon.

Thanks

Week 1 figure drawing

It's a slow start but its a step in the right direction. I have classes tuesdays and thursdays and have a life drawing class on wednesdays. The kicker is i work sunday through thursday at night =/. Still trying to adjust while i attend classes during the day before work. I NEED MORE DRAWING!... I think the worst part of the whole evolution is that when i wake up i get so easily distracted by things and i end up not drawing. What do yall do to make sure you get your drawings in?

The cat is for a buddy..a WIP. Its going to be an orange cat in front of a waterfall. Some inside joke...i can't draw waterfalls...urrgh..
    Last edited by NewGuy22; January 26th, 2010 at 03:38 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast