Happy Camper vs Aven

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Happy Camper vs Aven

Happy Camper vs Aven
    Thanks to Fenix for the Banner :chug:

Theme
    The Love Interest

Style
    Fantasy

Media
    Open Choice

Rules/Explination

. The character may be male, female or other.
    . The character must look like it is a love interest for the protagonist of a storyline.
    . At least three pictures must be submited.
    . . Two showing the character in a simple pose. One of these must show the character from a front angle, one from the rear. The character must be clearly visable (no scenery). These are to be used for 3D modelling reference. No flat orthographic views.
    . . One Masterpiece. This image must show the love interest and the protagonist together. This piece should also have a background.
    . Images must portray the emotion of the character. ie. show them in an appropriate pose with facial expression.
    . Although any medium is allowed, it must be neat and clean. Therfore, no quick crappy sketches on those three images. Pencil art is allowed, but keep it clean.
    . Extra images may be submited it wanted. These can just be sketches for ideas or close-ups.

Last edited by Aven; December 26th, 2003 at 06:53 AM.
    .: I am a Middle Class Member :.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *REMOVED BECAUSE EARTHLINK IS GAY*

Last edited by F3nix; December 13th, 2003 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Fenix.

I guess it is on for real now

Ready to rock Camper?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Hey thats Awesome F3nix... How many of those things have you done.

Am I ready to Rock? Hell Yeah

I've been good to go since I challenged You. Now that it's officially started I'm totally AMPED. I've already started Concepting, no drawings yet, just a background storyline to base my character on.

BTW just out of interest are you going to show WIPS Aven? I will if I can.

Edit: I wont have access to a scanner for a week or 2, so I might have trouble showing Pencil WIPs...

Last edited by Happy Camper; December 13th, 2003 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would love to show WIP shots, so that I can get as much feedback as pos.

I am actually hoping that I can paint the 'Masterpiece' using Painter8 (when it comes in a few days ). I will probably try to post some other random painted pics so that other people can provide feedback as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WIP

Okay. I have been working since TD7 started, but I have had a good chance to do a lot of writing at work to flesh out what character I wanted to make and how I wanted them to look.

I have decided to design a female character. A very sweet and innocent looking lady... with a slight twist

After I finished writing down some ideas, I then sketched up a few thumbnails for posible ideas for the reference poses.

Happy Camper vs Aven

I have decided on the first thumb for the front view as it is a fairly innocent look, and it doesn't cover the front of her body too much (so that her clothing can be seen). I wanted to do a pose that had her arms crossing over her front, but that will cover up too much. The only things that I may change about the pose is tilting her head to the side a bit more and bringing her legs closer together.

I have decided on the forth thumb for the rear shot as it has the crossed arms pose, and her back is clearly visible.

Now that I have the roughs fleshed out, I will start with some more sketches to figure out exact pose and clothing.

-------------------
    Camper and I have been talking on ICQ, and if time permits, we will add in a forth image showing the protagonist with the love interest. This would be another full on shot.

Last edited by Aven; December 22nd, 2003 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey nice start Aven, the first thumb looks great, nice pose. Your second choice (forth thumb) is good too but the pose looks a little awkward, I think you can fix that easily if you make the right leg more vertical although once you add clothes it maybe unnecissary.

I'll try and post some Wips as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WIPS

Good news, got my scanner fixed.

more good news, got some wips. Bad news, no detail yet just working out poses and the base for my character.

Image1- first pose, facing the front. Nothing pertically special.
    Happy Camper vs Aven
    Image2- second pose from the back, 1 of 2 options I'm considering for the second required pic.
    Happy Camper vs Aven
    Image3- third pose is from the back as well, 2nd option for the second required pic. If I do this one she'll be wearing nothing but some cloth to cover her ass .
    Happy Camper vs Aven

So any crits, comments, opinions or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just remember that the first two pics are meant to be pure concept images. A 3D modeller should be able to look at them and make the character quite easily without having too many questions. The final lying down pic would be very cool, but he/she/it must be wearing their 'normal' clothes.

No glamor nude shots im sorry If you want to do them up for extras though I sure as hell wont complain :p The world needs more naked women

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats okay, thats why I had the second image, just incase the third didn't fit . Which I already knew it didn't , it just seemed like a good idea, and it was something different from my normal stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rough Pencils

Here is my latest pic. This was done up at work tonight. I have taken the pose and added in the clothes. I will now draw it up at full size.

Happy Camper vs Aven

I felt like a tool standing in front of a mirror with a towel wrapped around my waist as well :p As you can guess by looking at her, she is meant to be a prisoner. When I do up the full scale image, I just need to add in some cuts and lacerations. Especially around her shackles.

Last edited by Aven; December 26th, 2003 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pencils 01

Well today was both good and bad.

I drew up the A3 sized front pose, and then started inking it. Unfortunately I have just bought a new Drawing pad that has smooth textured paper (as oppossed to the rought paper I have used all my life), and I have had a few problems with it.

When I draw, I use erasers quite liberally. With this new pad, it means that it rubs the smooth finnish of the paper off. When I was inking I had some troubles as areas that had been erased quite a bit had trouble holding the ink properly.

I finished inking the pic though and let it dry for a few hours. I then went to erase the pencil lines. Unfortunately the ink had not completely dried so it started to smear.

Not to worry though, I just traced over the original image, so that it doesn't have any eraser marks and I will try inking it again tomorrow.

Here is the penciled version.

Happy Camper vs Aven

If anyone can give me any advice with the handling of smoother paper and illustartions, then I would greatly appreciate it

Until tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Aven Nice work. The clothes look great, cool folds and rips. I'm about a week behind you now but after christmas I'll give this challenge my full attention. I've still been working on my character but I've been distracted by other peices and my atonamy has been dodgy lately, it's gotten worse, probably cuased by bad habits so I think I'll do some atonamy exercises to correct it. Hopefully I'll have my first piece inked and ready soon. I aim to start painting after christmas but before New Years. Well atleast I've got a shit load of drawing done :p and motivation to keep working, especially after seeing your first pic, I'm going to have to work harder to beat you now .

Btw I noticed you joined the middle class, I'll probably join later, I'd really like to work on my drawing skills and gain some confidence.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Chat

Thanks Ben. I spent a lot of time working on her dress, so I am glad that you think it looks good

Don't rush. Just take your time. We still have about a month and a half left. Plenty of time.

Meh. You need a little anatomy practice, I need a hell of a lot of background pracice. I think that I will have to spend about a week solid to make sure that my backgrounds look good

You are more than welcome to try to beat me :p I will always try to do the best I can.

I joined the Middle Class last night. I will hopefully work on the first assignment tonight. It would be cool to see you there.

Well. Off to work for the day. Enjoy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys,

Great topic, Lots of excellent thinking and good ideas. keep it up mates*.

* Dan makes lame attempt to mix with the natives.

Good luck guys
    Dan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Inked Front

Thanks for the support Dan. What do you mean natives? Austalia is just a little away from Canada

Well today was Christmas (just incase you don't live on Earth), so I decided to work in this some more.

I bought a new drawing pad and it works brilliantly now. No bleeding (YAY!).

Happy Camper vs Aven

My friend said that although it can stand up the way it is, I should try painting it. I will give it a go and see how it turns out. BTW, I did want the chain to be so dark as it is to offset her pale innocence. It was deliberate.

Any other comments are welcome.

Hope you all had a good Christmas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work Aven. You can really see the emotion on her face. Chains look great too, I think they're appropriate for the image your trying to communicate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Ben. Is there much of a chance of you posting anything? Even some sketches, I would love to see some more of what you have planned.

I have also updated the rules with the new 'masterpiece' criteria that we were talking about. Hopefully this will make it a little more interesting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure I'll post something as soon as I can. Today I'm going to see Return of the King and I'll probably be too busy to get any sketching done. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach if the weather improves, so I guess it'll have to wait untill the day after. I've had a few Insperations recently and I don't have much left to design so soon I'll be able to focus on the art side .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, I haven't posted anything for a while so I thought I'd better update. Just to let Aven know I haven't stoped working on it :p. Here's a thumb I finished recently:
    Happy Camper vs Aven
    It's damn ruff but I thought I'd better post it to let you know I've changed the front on pose, also to make sure that the tree isn't breaking the rules/criterea, I'll start working on it once Matt says it's ok.

Sorry for taking so long but you know how it is around Christmas and New Years . More soon.

:chug:
    Later
    HC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's good to hear that you are alive and well Ben. I thought that you may have fallen in the can or something :p

The tree is cool. A background is fine as long as it isn't used to hide parts of the character. That can be done in the masterpiece Looking good so far. I just can't wait to see a complete version of her.

I haven't been slacking off completely either. Since the rules changed to have the masterpiece include the protagonist, I had to change her a little. Obviously she is out of the prison, so she wouldn't want to stay in those prison rags for ever I have done a few thumbnails to flesh out some ideas for new clothes. The idea I had is simple yet elegant. They should also look like they cost a bit to buy.

Happy Camper vs Aven

The first one is obviously the first idea that I had. Shows fairly clearly what I want. Long dress (again), and something to cover the shackles on her wrists. I thought of making the shackle covers out of fur, hence why there is a fur tube wrapped around her top. This idea wasn't exactly what I wanted though, so back to the drawing board.

The second one was an idea to give her a rough jumper. The third one is a closer sketch as the second one is bloody difficult to tell what is happening. It is a woolen jumper that is made up of a lot strands that are tied together at vertical bars. It is a fairly interesting idea, but there are a few things wrong with it. It will be a bitch to draw as I want to make it white, not black. Painting it would be fine, but drawing it would drive me nuts. It is also a little too messy and rough. I am more after an elegant touch. Plus, she looks to much like 'Mrs. Spiderman' I also decided to change the furry tube to being a furry scarf that wraps around a few times before draping down.

Idea number four. A three quarter length dress that is faily tight. Starts just above the top of her breasts and ends above her ankles. Ties up at the back to keep it on. Over top of it is a looser fitting dress that is a transparent white. Long enough to drap on the ground. It is basically an extension of her prison rags. The turtle neck effect is just it bunching up around the neck as it has a long slit at the back. The slit at the back will either be held together with a tie or some very thin chains. I'm still undecided yet. The outer dress will also have a flower/vine design embroided onto it. I have been thinking about it a little, and I may drop the furry scarf idea, as this design works well as it is. To keep the shackle covers complimentary to the dress, I will change them from being furry to being a similar material to the bottom dress.

Why have the shakles still attached if she is no longer a prisoner? Well she wasn't set free by normal means (natch), and the shackles can't be removed easily.

Happy Camper vs Aven

The first pic is how they were. They have a nice think metal plate that wraps around her wrist. When the plate is removed it can be seen that it was there to protect the prisoner, not to hinder them. The actual shackles are inserted through magical means. A metal bar is pierced through her wrist and threaded around. It loops out and goes back around for another pass. The metal bar is inserted under the muscle structure meaning that if it were to be removed, the prisoner would have little in the way of hands left. The shackle covers are there to cover it up.

So ends my very long post. Until next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pic removed as it is down below

Inked version for her front pose. I will start on colours and on her rear pose now.

I have also been thinking about the masterpiece and how it should look. I should hopefully have a/some quick sketches up tomorrow.

Last edited by Aven; February 10th, 2004 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Another nice drawing Matt :chug:. I'm starting to regret challenging you :p j/k. Now that I've got most of the designing out of the way expect more drawings. Now it's really getting serious .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its ACT vs NSW. So what if Aven has more sketches so far, we all know whos gonna win it XD

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by form_n_focus
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    OI OI OI!!

sorry..couldnt help it..

-------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :rofl: lol. Thanx for the support Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA. If we are doing this by state, then ACT loses by default Damn hole of a state. Hopefully this will be the year I will get my work together and get away from here.

I have started painting the first pic and I should have a progress shot up early next week. I have to work all weekend, so I don't know how much will get done :/

As for the Aussie Aussie Aussie...... thing. I am one of the only Australains that has never screamed that out somewhere

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you gotta try it man, its orgasmic.

come move to sydney, im trying to get all the aussie artists living within a 20k radius of me. SHare teh love! Spread teh inspiration!

I can mail u sum real estate ads if u want XD

But erm, isnt ACU like the best uni in australia for art? Thats wat ive been told...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am hoping that I will be able to re-locate to Sydney later in the year. We just have to see what comes

ACU? what the hell is that? We have ANU (Australian National Uni) and UC (Uni of Canberra). I didn't go to uni so I wouldn't know. One of my friends is going to do some short art courses at ANU this year, so I will know soon enough.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol i ment anu. I was thinking australian capital uni XD

yeah apparently ANU is good.

Well if you move up to sydney, you should have a drink wit me n camper. More the merrier. Peace mate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.