Thanks to Fenix for the Banner :chug:

Theme
    The Love Interest

Style
    Fantasy

Media
    Open Choice

Rules/Explination

. The character may be male, female or other.
    . The character must look like it is a love interest for the protagonist of a storyline.
    . At least three pictures must be submited.
    . . Two showing the character in a simple pose. One of these must show the character from a front angle, one from the rear. The character must be clearly visable (no scenery). These are to be used for 3D modelling reference. No flat orthographic views.
    . . One Masterpiece. This image must show the love interest and the protagonist together. This piece should also have a background.
    . Images must portray the emotion of the character. ie. show them in an appropriate pose with facial expression.
    . Although any medium is allowed, it must be neat and clean. Therfore, no quick crappy sketches on those three images. Pencil art is allowed, but keep it clean.
    . Extra images may be submited it wanted. These can just be sketches for ideas or close-ups.

Last edited by Aven; December 26th, 2003 at 06:53 AM.
    .: I am a Middle Class Member :.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    *REMOVED BECAUSE EARTHLINK IS GAY*

Last edited by F3nix; December 13th, 2003 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thank you Fenix.

I guess it is on for real now

Ready to rock Camper?

Thanks

Talking

Hey thats Awesome F3nix... How many of those things have you done.

Am I ready to Rock? Hell Yeah

I've been good to go since I challenged You. Now that it's officially started I'm totally AMPED. I've already started Concepting, no drawings yet, just a background storyline to base my character on.

BTW just out of interest are you going to show WIPS Aven? I will if I can.

Edit: I wont have access to a scanner for a week or 2, so I might have trouble showing Pencil WIPs...

Last edited by Keats; December 13th, 2003 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks
    I would love to show WIP shots, so that I can get as much feedback as pos.

I am actually hoping that I can paint the 'Masterpiece' using Painter8 (when it comes in a few days ). I will probably try to post some other random painted pics so that other people can provide feedback as well.

Thanks

WIP

Okay. I have been working since TD7 started, but I have had a good chance to do a lot of writing at work to flesh out what character I wanted to make and how I wanted them to look.

I have decided to design a female character. A very sweet and innocent looking lady... with a slight twist

After I finished writing down some ideas, I then sketched up a few thumbnails for posible ideas for the reference poses.

Happy Camper vs Aven

I have decided on the first thumb for the front view as it is a fairly innocent look, and it doesn't cover the front of her body too much (so that her clothing can be seen). I wanted to do a pose that had her arms crossing over her front, but that will cover up too much. The only things that I may change about the pose is tilting her head to the side a bit more and bringing her legs closer together.

I have decided on the forth thumb for the rear shot as it has the crossed arms pose, and her back is clearly visible.

Now that I have the roughs fleshed out, I will start with some more sketches to figure out exact pose and clothing.

-------------------
    Camper and I have been talking on ICQ, and if time permits, we will add in a forth image showing the protagonist with the love interest. This would be another full on shot.

Last edited by Aven; December 22nd, 2003 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks
    Hey nice start Aven, the first thumb looks great, nice pose. Your second choice (forth thumb) is good too but the pose looks a little awkward, I think you can fix that easily if you make the right leg more vertical although once you add clothes it maybe unnecissary.

I'll try and post some Wips as soon as possible.

Thanks

WIPS

Good news, got my scanner fixed.

more good news, got some wips. Bad news, no detail yet just working out poses and the base for my character.

Image1- first pose, facing the front. Nothing pertically special.
    Happy Camper vs Aven
    Image2- second pose from the back, 1 of 2 options I'm considering for the second required pic.
    Happy Camper vs Aven
    Image3- third pose is from the back as well, 2nd option for the second required pic. If I do this one she'll be wearing nothing but some cloth to cover her ass .
    Happy Camper vs Aven

So any crits, comments, opinions or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    Just remember that the first two pics are meant to be pure concept images. A 3D modeller should be able to look at them and make the character quite easily without having too many questions. The final lying down pic would be very cool, but he/she/it must be wearing their 'normal' clothes.

No glamor nude shots im sorry If you want to do them up for extras though I sure as hell wont complain :p The world needs more naked women

Thanks
    Thats okay, thats why I had the second image, just incase the third didn't fit . Which I already knew it didn't , it just seemed like a good idea, and it was something different from my normal stuff.

Thanks

Rough Pencils

Here is my latest pic. This was done up at work tonight. I have taken the pose and added in the clothes. I will now draw it up at full size.

Happy Camper vs Aven

I felt like a tool standing in front of a mirror with a towel wrapped around my waist as well :p As you can guess by looking at her, she is meant to be a prisoner. When I do up the full scale image, I just need to add in some cuts and lacerations. Especially around her shackles.

Last edited by Aven; December 26th, 2003 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks

Pencils 01

Well today was both good and bad.

I drew up the A3 sized front pose, and then started inking it. Unfortunately I have just bought a new Drawing pad that has smooth textured paper (as oppossed to the rought paper I have used all my life), and I have had a few problems with it.

When I draw, I use erasers quite liberally. With this new pad, it means that it rubs the smooth finnish of the paper off. When I was inking I had some troubles as areas that had been erased quite a bit had trouble holding the ink properly.

I finished inking the pic though and let it dry for a few hours. I then went to erase the pencil lines. Unfortunately the ink had not completely dried so it started to smear.

Not to worry though, I just traced over the original image, so that it doesn't have any eraser marks and I will try inking it again tomorrow.

Here is the penciled version.

Happy Camper vs Aven

If anyone can give me any advice with the handling of smoother paper and illustartions, then I would greatly appreciate it

Until tomorrow.

Thanks
    Hey Aven Nice work. The clothes look great, cool folds and rips. I'm about a week behind you now but after christmas I'll give this challenge my full attention. I've still been working on my character but I've been distracted by other peices and my atonamy has been dodgy lately, it's gotten worse, probably cuased by bad habits so I think I'll do some atonamy exercises to correct it. Hopefully I'll have my first piece inked and ready soon. I aim to start painting after christmas but before New Years. Well atleast I've got a shit load of drawing done :p and motivation to keep working, especially after seeing your first pic, I'm going to have to work harder to beat you now .

Btw I noticed you joined the middle class, I'll probably join later, I'd really like to work on my drawing skills and gain some confidence.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.