Four Leaf Clover Perspective?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Four Leaf Clover Perspective?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Four Leaf Clover Perspective?

Hi guys,

I've been lurking in the forums for a while now, learning what I can, admiring just about everyone. I'm doing a project for school and ran into a problem I can't seem to sort out myself, so I thought this would be the best place to get help (hopefully I'm in the right section!).

I'm doing a concept art for my project, and in this my character is wearing a four leaf clover as a hat (the theme is superstitions). I'd like the viewer to be looking from a slightly lower perspective than the character, thus I need to draw what should look like the underside of the clover hat. I can't manage to draw that perspective of a four leaf clover, let alone a clover hat.

I have no 'training' when it comes to perspective (something I plan on remedying soon), but I can usually muddle my way into what looks right if I try hard enough. I simply can't do it this time, so I was wondering.. could someone possibly doodle me a four leaf clover from a low angle? I don't know if this is the kind of question I can ask people, but if it's okay, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadia View Post
    I have no 'training' when it comes to perspective (something I plan on remedying soon), but I can usually muddle my way into what looks right if I try hard enough. I simply can't do it this time, so I was wondering.. could someone possibly doodle me a four leaf clover from a low angle? I don't know if this is the kind of question I can ask people, but if it's okay, I would really appreciate it!
    That's not gong to happen. But, if you post what you have in the Studies/WIPs section you might get a paintover, or at least some concrete advice on where you're going wrong.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Try practicing just drawing a square in perspective. Then draw a flat square with both diagonals dawn in, forming a cross. Now try drawing this square in perspective. Then draw the four leaf clover on the flat square with diagonals. Next, draw the leafs in in the square in perspective. Then try to play with it a little to make it look like you want.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serpian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.