Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Nice stuff! I noticed that in some of your multiposes the gestures come off pretty stiff and lack much rhythm...some awkward hands and feet too so you should definitely study those more. Great face drawings and I love the last character. Keep it up!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    Niceeeeee.The portraits are awesome.Keep going with the penciling you used there.

Thanks
    Ahhh you draw so much

It's good that you can draw tonally and with line; I was once told by a ringling college professor that on can become dependent on drawing in contour, but you seem to switch it up nicely.

Good work!

Thanks
    Cool stuff dude, keep working those studies!

Thanks
    I see you sketched a value bar. A tip when sketching is to use three values white grey and black ading to much values can make you die a slow and painful death. No not realy but it is good to nail a piece i 3 valuetones and then blending them abit. Hope I make sense.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    SamC: Thanks! Believe it or not, overlapping was something that I was considering earlier, but of late have clearly forgotten about! Of course I didn't quite understand it, but was aware of it. Thanks for reminding me man!!

Grandmassa: THANKS MAN!!

jackpot: Thanks mate! Yeah, I never really thought about the poses to be honest, it ws more a case of add more limbs, resulting in neglected poses. Thanks for bringing that up. Hehe, I guess I was a little over-zealous with the posing of the hands and feet, got a little carried away trying to emulate how Jon Foster poses them forgot how his are used to convey subtleties (tightly clenched fist etc) as opposed to what I was doing, posing for posing's sake, the wrong way to go.. Thanks again mate!!

kingkostas: Thanks man!! I really love how Wes Burt works the pencil, his method of shading rnging from the more subtle blending to the more energetic hatching! Thanks again!!

drd: Thanks man!!! If only I could be consistent. It's all part of getting away from that comfort zone!

PieMonster: Thanks!! Will do!

B-Man: Thanks man!! Hehe, the value bar was just testing a fineliner.. Thanks for the value info though .

Thanks guys! Your comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Right, so I've started to do some style searching type work based on the teachings of Bobby Chiu, that is, copy some aspect / technique of an artists work for so long, then having analsyed that, apply said technique to working from ref for the same amount of time, then rinse and repeat, this time working from imagination, all the time trying to emulate your chosen artist's technique. So, I've been doing some work based on Wes Burt's hatching style and Janaschi's immaculate linework. However, I ended up not timing myself as I kept running out and achieving very little.

So, here's the update, some wireframes from head, Wes Burt heads from ref, heads from ref attempting to emulate Wes' hatching, Janaschi heads from ref, heads from ref attempting to emulate Jana's linework, and to top it off, some heads from imagination trying to combine the two.

Other than that, it should be blatantly obvious which heads are reffed and which are from my imagination!!!

As always C+C is greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Images Attached Images    

Singapore , An microbe infestation of asians
    Thanks
    Hey there , MacTire , it was a pleasant trip down from page 3 to page 6 and realizing that there is progressive improvement... kinda send me back to my own days of grinding hard pencil lead and writing notes like "EPIPHANY" , or "This doesn't make sense" , well if its any good , Those frustration sure help solve much of my own problems.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    these are all great.Just pay some more attention on proportions,other than that you are doing great

Thanks
    damienflux: Thanks! I've heard that experiencing frustration is just a sign that you're learning... I must be learning a lot in that case!! Thanks for honouring my sketchbook with your presence!

kingkostas:Thanks mate!! Will do!!

2 hours fighting photoshop, photoshop won, resulting in one portrait I have called pizzaface because of the pepperoni effect going on earlier.

C+C greatly appreciated as always!!

Thanks
    if i was to make a portrait i would use other brush(with different tip) or i would make blendings followings the curves of the face.
    In other words i see some blob construction here
    You seem to catch the different hues,but still when i semi-close my eyes,the whole thing seems better to me,and in some percentage% this means it has to do something with the rendering.Also dont describe the eyes,but make them appear due to relation of light & shadow
    Go on mate,go on cause your progress is obvious
    Thnx for encouraging me

Thanks
    kingkostas: Thanks mate! To be honest I was really struggling with that one just trying to get the colours so I didn't put much effort into the rest, Thanks for the advice nonetheless, I'll be taking it into account in future!

Update: Hands from Bumskee, from Janaschi + from life, figures from Jana, figures from ref, figures from imagination, 2 multi-poses and a character.

As always all and any C+C is greatly appreciated!!!

Goodnight all!

Thanks
    nice mate.I like the character and also have to do hands but i am bored pffff.
    Keep up

Thanks
    kingkostas: Thanks mate! A bit bored myself now to be honest! Better start mixing things up a bit now!!

Update; Kev Chen studies, figures from ref, figures from mind.

All C+C, especially some good hard feedback would be greatly appreciated, even on something mundane like anatomy! All the better to help me learn! Please point out whatever you comes to mind as definite ares of improvement. Help me succeed through the glory that is CA!!!

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3