Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Wow, you've been really busy! Your faces are looking very real in expression and variety now and your poses are natural and fluid. The one thing I'm noticing in your self-portraits is that your right cheek (on our left) has too soft of an edge, so it doesn't pop and bring out the 3D-ness of your face. Also, try using the hard brush initially and then bring down the opacity later to blend when you start narrowing in on the details.

Your colors are great and your still lifes solid (like the apples). I commend you for your persistence, sir!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Shroudstar: Thanks!! Yeah, thanks very much to yourself and Kingkostas for suggesting the higher opacities, it's already solving a problem I've been sruck with for a while!! Thanks again!

Anyway, I decided to use today to make up for the lack of male anatomy study here; so I did some studies from ref, some studies from life drawing done by openanewworld (for his fluidity and use of line), two men without ref, and one multipose who's face I just could not get right...

As usual, all and any C+C is greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    Love the poses! Could use some tightening up with fluidity and proportions but great overall! Keep working on that rendering!

Thanks
    Jackpot: Yeah, I've noticed proportions slipping lately. Definitely need to work on that. Thanks!!

Today I did some hands, Bumskee studies to begin with, and then as many studies of my right hand before it shook too violently to draw (I've naturally - unnaturally shaky hands ). Then some pose studies from ref and some imaginative crap which started life as a failed pose from imagination (I spent too much time on the head, then drew in the rest too quickly to correct myself on the proportions. Yes, excuses excuses).

Would you kindly tear this thread to shreads with crits etc?

Thanks
    hey great job on the hands! and the figures looking better and better!
    just keep doing those studies, you seem to be very serious, and they will pay of. Try some things from head once in a while, and if you having problems with certain body parts, then you know what you must study! as for those hands, try using a mirror so you can have a different view. keep this up, i'll come checking from time to time!

frank

Thanks
    Frank: Thanks man! Your post is greatly appreciated!! Will do regarding the hands mirrored, imaginative studies etc.
    Thanks again!!

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down, but I do appreciate you being round, help me get my feet up off the ground, won't you please, please help me?"
    Fitting lyrics from Help!
    As you may have noticed I have several problems when it comes to straight digital work, which I tried to iron out today, to no avail whatsoever.. Anywho, the thing is, I'm fine getting the proportions out when I draw out the wireframe and simplified detail, only when I start to block in tone it all goes horibly wrong. For an idea of what I mean please consult the following images. People of a nervous disposition may want to avert their eyes now...
    Conveniently the best of the worst has been singled out purely by forgetting it in the montage suitably titled fail.

Please help by leaving C+C!

Thanks
    Wonderful studies especially the hands! Drawing hands really tests my patience XD Keep it up!

Thanks
    Great hand studies, MacTire! All those tiny little sketches of the different hand gestures are nice to see and will be beneficial in the long run. I lol'ed in the male anatomy section at the guy doing the "hadouken" pose. Your comments like "head too big?" and "WTF?" crack me up, because it's what I say out loud to myself under my breath when I'm working on my stuff. Drives you crazy, doesn't it?

Yeah, blocking in the values on the head is a mighty pain in the arse. I tried to do a self-portrait of myself this week and screwed it up so badly that I ended up looking black. Damn those planes and bones and facial structure for being so hard.

Thanks
    Jackpot: Thanks!! Strangely, I don't seem to mind drawing hands that much. I guess they're an enjoyable challenge...

Shroudstar: Thanks!!! Hehe, I came across a gallery of different shots of the infamous pose on DA, and I couldnt resist! Some people here me and say, "he's mad, look at him talking to himself!", I'm not mad though, because I'm really talking to the paper , happens all the time in college, architectural drawings require a lot of talking to!!!
    My problem with painting portraits is that when I get to the value/colour and start painting in over lines I lose the lines, then the proportion goes awry and then it all falls apart as it snowballs from there!!

Today's update, got some work done on faces; some studies from Janaschi's work (herself, Algenpfleger and Alex P have linework down to an art and I just can't get enough of it, and yes I am aware of the pun!), some 3 min faces from ref (trying to get the important stuff down asap), some longer faces from ref (~15 mins each?), some imaginative stuff and a self portrait that stopped at linework.

Please feel free to maim, mutilate, defile, dismember (etc) my work with C+C!!!!
    Gotta love this community!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    good very good mate, i am glad you keep up like that.I cant critique,because you sharpening your understandings,and as you keep going you will learn more interesting things.
    see ya

Thanks
    Head thumbs are lookin' goooood. Is that Chelsea?!

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    I would sugest different shading studys. the values look kinda off when you shade your pencil sketches. Its just thumbs so it doesnt matter really.
    I se your working on your lines and cleaning them up, thats nice. Just keep up the studys and your observation skillz will grow.
    Its also great to do color at the same time so you dont have a lot to relearn later. Studdy the colorwheel when your fingers hurt.
    Mahalo

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Great updates Mac, you surely have been busy Love the hands update from 3 days ago. Lines look sweet, keep it up mate!

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3