Thanks

A Student's animations

Mostly walk cycles. I like my traditional hand drawn stuff better for the most part. This is all from my first semester of my second year and a little bit of this semester (still second year). I'll put them in order of creation. My first year was foundation though and I only had one intro to animation class I managed to squeeze into in the second semester. This is a sampling of some of the stuff I've actually loaded onto the net.

First Semester

This and the next computer done animation are for our painting in time projects. Essentially making things move to the music. This one was done in flash.

http://www.eciad.ca/~kdavey/movies/KendraMusic2.mov

My first time using After Effects. I'm not crazy about this one. Lots I would change if I did it a second time. Made with flash and ps as well.

http://www.ecuad.ca/~kdavey/movies/kendra_pit2.mov

This combines my traditional work with my class for the computer stuff. The hare, background and intro letters are done by me. The other characters (cat, crying guy, and gnome) belong to my classmates. Put together in AE. May take a while to load.

http://www.ecuad.ca/~kdavey/movies/kendra_final_web.mov

ANIJAM! Lots of good stuff in this, but it's a little confusing the way the name tags have been put on. As soon as the character starts doing anything other than walking that means the next animator has taken over. It was up to us to get rid of the previous character and introduce our own. Mine is once again the hare. I'd like to thank my friend for having put it up on youtube. Sound added by our teacher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTp4JgQmYHs

second semester:

This guy I'm proud of His name is Zac. He mistook a beer for a milkshake. (our teacher told us our robots were driven by a desire to try milkshakes and poutine. They're happy go lucky but made by art students so they may be falling apart or not quite steady)

http://www.ecuad.ca/~kdavey/movies/botwalk/botwalk.mov
    Last edited by Keng; March 1st, 2009 at 08:35 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hi keng, the only thing that would load for me are the one put on youtube,
    that one was entertaing = ) the assignment to get rid of the previous character and introduce your own sounds like great fun and good practice.
    i really liked that one, the hare and all the others was nicely done!

Thanks
    I'm really digging that botwalk. Keep it up, you're improving!

Thanks
    rattusI'm not sure why they wouldn't be loading for you... I've linked them to other people and no one else has had trouble with them before...

Nate3d Thank you very much. As I said, I'm really proud of that guy and despite the trouble I had with it at times it kept me smiling... no... laughing manically much to the concern of my classmates throughout the 3 week process.

Thanks
    Just figured out why some people may not be able to see the ones that aren't youtube. Quicktime is needed to see them.

Thanks
    Nice cycles,
    A good idea with walkcycles that you know you are going to composite later is to actually put the body movement into them, making sure that the first and last positions are identical in pose but not in position. That way you let your character cycle through once, and you don't have to watch for slidey feet. Plus this varies up the movement a little bit, and makes it look less mechanical.

That robot walk is freakin nice. Im excited to see what it looks like when you actually get your characters to start acting.