Storyboard Artist Needed for Extreme Action Short-LOS ANGELES
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Storyboard Artist Needed for Extreme Action Short-LOS ANGELES

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Storyboard Artist Needed for Extreme Action Short-LOS ANGELES

Hi- i'm looking for someone to storyboard a 17 page action short that I am producing. If this works out there is a possibility of doing two more episodes of the same length. The script is gritty and very action oriented and would be a great opportunity for someone to showcase their talents. I need to find somebody who can really make the images pop off the page so that I can take this project to the next level. The ideal candidate would be very creative and able to come up with great ideas on their own. Interested applicants should send samples of their work(in links), weekly rate info, and would live in the LA area so that we can meet in person to discuss the project. Submit your applications to my email at rt_sd@mac.com. As this is being self funded, please submit a rate that you would consider fair for a low budget project and not a high dollar commercial rate. Thanks for looking and I look forward to seeing your work.

Last edited by nightops; February 25th, 2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: email correction Location
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Locals only please-

Hi- I've received many good applications so far but I need to stress this as I don't want to waste anybody's time- this job is for someone that lives in Los Angeles. I really want to collaborate closely with the artist as this is the first episode of my project and this is the point where I'm defining the look of it. As much as I would like to work with the many talented people outside of LA, having collaborated remotely in the past left much to be desired and I spent an enormous amount of time trying to communicate ideas that could have been easily explained in person. Please keep the submissions coming- some great work out there. Thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Position still not filled-

Hi again- i want to encourage people to keep submitting for this as i have not received enough qualified applicants yet. I find it hard to believe that so few artists are availible in Los Angeles. Also, i want to let people know that this is a real gig with 2-3 weeks of work for the right person, and that I am prepared to pay a fair rate for the work involved commensurate with experience. I don't want to just put a flat amount out there for it because that may limit who applies for it and i want the artist to feel comfortable with the rate they are getting. Thanks and good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by nightops View Post
    Hi again- i want to encourage people to keep submitting for this as i have not received enough qualified applicants yet. I find it hard to believe that so few artists are availible in Los Angeles. Also, i want to let people know that this is a real gig with 2-3 weeks of work for the right person, and that I am prepared to pay a fair rate for the work involved commensurate with experience. I don't want to just put a flat amount out there for it because that may limit who applies for it and i want the artist to feel comfortable with the rate they are getting. Thanks and good luck.
    I would think a lot of storyboard artists in the LA area are already busy with productions. Maybe you should extend your search.

Concept Art
    Comic Art
    Illustration
    Artist for hire

Portfolio
    Blog

Repossessed: a Graphic Novel in the making
    REPOSSESSED

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Position still open...

Hi-
    My apologies to those who responded early on. After I placed the ad I became extremely busy and I still have not found a storyboard artist/illustrator for my project. I'm devoting my time to reading responses now and have emailed many people back. In order to avoid confusion and frustration for all concerned, I'm asking all qualified candidates to read my screenplay(17pgs) and do some character sketches and sample frames before I make a decision. Let me be clear so there are no misunderstandings. You will not be compensated for the time or the samples unless I choose to work with you and we make a contract. I'm talking about 2 quick character sketches and some sample action boards. For someone experienced this will not take more than a few hours at most.This is the only way I can determine whether your taste/skill is compatible with my vision. In return, you will be able to budget how much time it will take you complete this project and bid it accordingly. If this is something that interests you then by all means please respond. If you need more info we can chat over the phone about it but most of this pretty straightforward. Once again I would prefer only local responses (Los Angeles). Thanks for looking and I look forward to the submissions.

best,
    rt

Last edited by nightops; August 4th, 2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: revised

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

still open?

Hello,
    I have read you posting and want to ask
    you if inland empire is too far for you.
    Drive coming eastward on the 10 is about 40mins..
    sat and sun even faster..
    i would like to assist you, pls contact me by email Not here...
    m.v.studios@hotmail.com
    i will give you the url link since they don't allow that here..
    vinh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by m.v.studio098 View Post
    Hello,
    I have read you posting and want to ask
    you if inland empire is too far for you.
    Drive coming eastward on the 10 is about 40mins..
    sat and sun even faster..
    i would like to assist you, pls contact me by email Not here...
    m.v.studios@hotmail.com
    i will give you the url link since they don't allow that here..
    vinh
    m.v.studio098, thanks for trying to respect our rules. It is very appreciated. If you click their profile name there should also be a drop down menu that will have an option for sending an email or a private message. The email option will be directed to the email address they signed up with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

An update

I would like to thank everyone who has submitted samples to me. I am currently interviewing people and will be coming to a decision within the next week. I would like to close submissions at this point and focus on getting the first script done. If my current crop of applicants doesnt work out than i will be updating the thread. Thanks for looking.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.