Sketchbook: 2014 - A NEW HOPE [ The Embermann ] - Page 11

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Rostas,- indeed your drawings are improving. But I would also say that you should do more constructions and planes. I myself was very ignorant about the importance of this fundamental skill. Nowadays I`m drawing stick-figures and simplified torsos - it really helps. Never did this really before because I was, as I said very ignorant. It`s like starting over - but without the feeling of repeating the same silly errors over and over again. Nevertheless, sketching is important, but there is a major gap between sketching (based on fundamental knowledge) on doodling. But that just my opinion.

Back to your sb: yes improvement. However, I think you should consider presentation...
    you`re taking photos of your sb - that`s fine. Buuuut, every single drawing is distorted. I postproducted
    one of your portrait and I think this version is way better because it is easier to read. *eyefriendliness*

greetings
    klaus

Name:  DSCN5193.JPG
Views: 801
Size:  83.2 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Klaus - Yeah you're right man! I should put a more aesthetic look on my pages. They look kinda boring to watch this way.I'll try and do that.I'll also do more plane and construction exercises. Thank you for giving me all the great advice . Will follow up on it. Cheers!

Name:  DSCN5203.JPG
Views: 783
Size:  279.0 KB

Name:  DSCN5204.JPG
Views: 782
Size:  194.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5205.JPG
Views: 781
Size:  147.4 KB

Name:  DSCN5206.JPG
Views: 770
Size:  234.0 KB

Name:  Sketch 02-1.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  591.8 KB

Please visit , comment , critique and have a chat with me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick update before I restart putting sketchbook pages.

Name:  Sketch 06 copy.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  687.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some thumbs and a funny thing,before I upload more pages.

Name:  Study 30.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  140.6 KB

Name:  Study 31.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  252.4 KB

Name:  Sketch 07 copy.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  249.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    5 more pages incoming .

P.S : Made pics of the second sketchbook. Will dump once done with first!

Name:  DSCN5207.JPG
Views: 696
Size:  301.3 KB

Name:  DSCN5208.JPG
Views: 683
Size:  263.5 KB

Name:  DSCN5211.JPG
Views: 665
Size:  298.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5213.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  321.6 KB

Name:  DSCN5214.JPG
Views: 647
Size:  385.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More pages incoming

Name:  DSCN5215.JPG
Views: 632
Size:  242.0 KB

Name:  DSCN5216.JPG
Views: 621
Size:  205.8 KB

Name:  DSCN5217.JPG
Views: 614
Size:  387.9 KB

Name:  DSCN5218.JPG
Views: 600
Size:  255.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5219.JPG
Views: 595
Size:  267.5 KB

Name:  DSCN5220.JPG
Views: 591
Size:  315.9 KB

Name:  DSCN5221.JPG
Views: 585
Size:  236.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5222.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  299.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More pages incoming !

Name:  DSCN5223.JPG
Views: 577
Size:  284.9 KB

Name:  DSCN5224.JPG
Views: 575
Size:  351.6 KB

Name:  DSCN5225.JPG
Views: 565
Size:  179.4 KB

Name:  DSCN5226.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  213.8 KB

Name:  DSCN5227.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  197.5 KB

Name:  DSCN5228.JPG
Views: 561
Size:  250.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5229.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  309.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More pages incoming.

Name:  DSCN5230.JPG
Views: 542
Size:  160.2 KB

Name:  DSCN5231.JPG
Views: 544
Size:  243.1 KB

Name:  DSCN5233.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  186.1 KB

Name:  DSCN5234.JPG
Views: 530
Size:  308.1 KB

Name:  DSCN5235.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  194.8 KB

Name:  DSCN5236.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  182.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More pages incoming. Almost at the end of the first sketchbook. I finished the 3rd sketchbook these days and going for another one until the end of this month. Cheers guys!

Name:  DSCN5237.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  187.1 KB

Name:  DSCN5239.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  187.8 KB

Name:  DSCN5240.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  205.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5242.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  190.1 KB

Name:  DSCN5244.JPG
Views: 496
Size:  190.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More pages incoming.

Name:  DSCN5250.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  210.0 KB

Name:  DSCN5251.JPG
Views: 470
Size:  277.8 KB

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am going to be brutally honest with you, as I dont think you have improved much at all. What has needed to be said to you hasnt, and all you get here are peopel saying good work, and great progress.

1) Really start to think about what you are doing and why you doing things.

2) Dont just copy aimlessly without really thinking about why something is looking the way it is.

3) How can you relate key ideas, and makthem work for you

4) Think about really about what a mark is, and the lines you are making.

5) Drawthrough of your objects is your best friend, and it will help you immensley in learning.

6) Before you start think about what are your golas for your learning session, and what do you want to achieve from them.

7) Why does a form look the way it does, and what types of systems can you help your brain better understand these forms

8) How can you make information and learning systems meanfor yourself that you understand key concepts that help you draw and paint better.

These are just some questions you should be asking yourself while learning. Do not try to make picture perfect images, but understand what you are doing and why you are doing itso when you do get aroud to attempting a still life, protrait etc, you can combine the concepts.

Again I am not here to be nice to you, if that was the case I have just posted keep up the good work. You are here for and harsh critique. If you want to improve then I shall give it to you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Markmaker - I sincerely appreciate the brutal sincerity of the post and it's intent . And I will definetly take all of those things in question don't worry. My aim is to improve and I'll take everything in order to do so. And I did improve in these 2 months I've been drawing from life. Just saying " You haven't improved much at all " doesn't really help me " as much as the other points did. I know I've improved. I was really bad at the beginning at traditional and drawing from life in general , and let me tell you , my photohraphic memory has improved, my visual perception and observation , and construction-wise and anatomical-wise , you'll see throughout the pages and at the end of the first sketchbook and at the beginning of the next. I never said I'm trying to create perfect pretty pictures and I am trying to understand everything that's around me. I am committing very hard to this and I'll be restarting fundamentals as soon as possible , drawing still lifes and etc. and I will try and take ever point you have placed for me.

Let this be known however. I will achieve my goals and I will take any kind of help and criticisms because I need them. Without hard work and the mindset to learn , no one can improve , but I intend to do just that.

I am here to learn , so thank you !

Name:  DSCN5252.JPG
Views: 446
Size:  176.1 KB

Name:  DSCN5253.JPG
Views: 441
Size:  189.9 KB

Name:  DSCN5254.JPG
Views: 437
Size:  204.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5255.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  199.5 KB

Name:  DSCN5257.JPG
Views: 432
Size:  206.1 KB

Name:  DSCN5256.JPG
Views: 440
Size:  198.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  Sketch 08 FINAL.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  360.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Updates incoming on digital pat.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see by the tone of your reply in my greetings post that my feed back didnt go down to well with you. This is why I dont post in this section or this site much anymore. We have petulant little kids in this section, which if you give them feedback that might help them think about why they are doing things or how they can help their own learning, they take it as insult. If all you want or people to tell you is " how greta your doing, or "how awesome your work is then". Then DONT BLOODY ask for comments or crits. I am only going by your intital thread title "I WILL become PRO in a year - The journey of a devoted artist"

My bloody greetings thread has nothing to do with your SB or the feedback you receive. IF I wanted feedback on anything I would post that here, but guess what I have a school that I get feedback from, so please dont come in my greetings post and start your little petulant thread and the tone of it, like I did something to offend you.

IF your so called Destiny is to be an artist, then bloody do it, dont come whining in my greetings threads of all places and posting in sarcastic quotation marks etc. Your the one asking for crits, feedback, ratings and a big massive thread title
    I WILL become PRO in a year - The journey of a devoted artist. NOT ME!.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ markmakey - I responded to you at your greeting thread because it's insulting to claim that I haven't improved much at all , even when I do know I've improved. I've experienced it myself when visualising and observing people. I've been doing this for the past months and you can't tell me what I learnt and what I didn't. I never said your feedback isn't appreciated and I want every feedback possible and criticism as long as it's not intended like this.

"Hey you haven't improved much at all , but I'M GOING to tell you how to improve cause I know better." - That's how it sounded for me from your point of view. You have a very snobbish tone to which your talking to me in this post. I wanted to see what you we're capable of in spite of your reply to me. And curiously , one of your firsts replies to a sketchbook thread is mine.

Maybe you thought I was too full of myself naming my thread this way , but this also suggests that you also didn't read what I wrote in my very first post.

This is a reminder message for me and my dream . My thread's name is something to keep me pumped at the thought of working even harder than I do now. And I am committed to what I want to do and I've always dreamt of this.

I believe heavily on destiny and how it influences all of us and you don't even know the story to which got me into art and how I realised this was my road to take.

And have you even looked at any of my other pages? Or did you just feel inclined to be "brutally honest" just because I aim so high in such a small span of time.

I've seen people do it ,and with the work ,I believe I can do it also.

And hey If I don't do it , then I still had a goal , a goal that kept me burning inside with passion and dedication. If it's not one year , it'll be further along the way , but it's the THOUGHT that counts.

Visualising your dream and your end goal , can redirect those feelings and create opportunities within yourself to improve more ,and to learn more. So it's more of a big shoutout to me and maybe to those who feel the same way and want to do it.

Is it something wrong in being hopeful or being inspired to achieve greater heights ? I am willing to put the work so you should at least not be so snobbishly conceited by the looks of your -

"But guess what , I have a school that I get feedback from " - Well toodlydoo , ain't that great. Poor old me couldn't have a school to get FEEDBACK from. I'm sorry for being so lavishly coinceted as to hope for something that great as to become hugely better in JUST ONE YEAR.

Good luck with your school and as I said , your criticism has been taken and I am here to learn , not to take shitty replies.

Last edited by Rostas; July 17th, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So instead of taking the feedback that I gave you that may help in your own learning and thinking, yoiuv'e taken one little bit out of it which you percievd as insulting and a slight on your character. I give up. Now anyone thats spoken with me in the CA hangout knows why I don't here anymore.

I didnt say anything about yout cant or wont, do anything you want to achieve your goals in any of my posts. Yet you seem to think I have slighted you. I gave you honest feedback which I felt you needed, but you seem to have taken real exception to it, which many do in the SB section, this is why the site has gone down hill in regards to the critiques given in this part of the forums.

I give up. Goodbye dear sir, and welcome to ignore.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ markmaker - Thank you.

Here's some more stuff.

Name:  Sketch 14 color FINAL.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  356.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the response Rostas. I'm a big fan of anything badass, medieval, sci fi, fantasy, demonic, whatever, so thats the direction I want to go. Like for movies pretty much anything ridley scott, john carpenter, guy ritchie, quen tarintino etc. Also a huge frazetta, vallejo, and corben fan. I pretty much have the same taste in everything, books, music, art, video games. EVERYTHING MUST BE DARK. AND EVIL. AND UH. SURROUNDED BY FIRE. I'm not satanic though don't worry. Anyway if you come across any artists that might be up my alley though let me know, I don't know a lot about art

I used to do self portraits I'll have to start doing them again

I would give you advice on your sketchbook but I am way too new to this to be giving anyone advice yet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Markmaker said it all man you arent thinking you are just mechanically drawing really think about things and if you can start from gesture drawing i see little flow and dynamism in your poses there are some great videos out there on the subject and more than anything always try different subjects trt drawing animals and buildings all sort of crap but think while doing it keep on finding relationships between the torso vs the legs always take note on where the bodyweight is an at last but not least, learn how to use lineweight you ahve a deathgrip problem and that leads to tendonitis and other hand diseases hold the pencil lightly and start very light dont make alot of strong marks let the sketch flow and then refine over that also ALWAYS use construction lines specially when drawing without reference its very important keep on going man you arent that far from progress its just that you arent using the tools yet.

BTW here is the video to enlighten you on gesture drawing AMAZING info and very nicely explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3QzApLXI4I

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog
    My website
    #Bestyear

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

UPDATED 2014

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @- Korzen - Dat fantasy . Love it. My favorite artists also count Frazetta and Vallejo . In the old masters I love Repyn and Sargent. Velazquez is great too . Thanks for coming by.

@ LionheartGFX - Thanks man .Yes , I did watch Vippu's videos and they are fantastic. He's a great teacher and i focus on gesture on some of the latter pages of the sketchbooks i filled these 2 months. My dynamism isn't so great at the moment but thanks a lot for the video . Will watch and take note. And I appreciate the fact that you're not rude. Markmaker made some points but they were pretty random points. You make a finer point at saying concretly what is wrong with what in my drawings. I always try and return to fundamentals as best as I can without splattering every subject. Will follow up with more stuff don't worry .

Name:  DSCN5258.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  391.6 KB

Name:  DSCN5259.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  293.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5260.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  270.3 KB

Name:  DSCN5261.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  174.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5262.JPG
Views: 391
Size:  247.8 KB

Last edited by Rostas; July 17th, 2013 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will try and fix my scanner sometime this week or so. I know my photos of my drawings look distorted and weird looking and unpleasing sometimes , but bear with me. I'll try and fix it so I can post more cohesive stuff so it can be seen better. Thanks !

Name:  DSCN5263.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  275.2 KB

Name:  DSCN5265.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  273.2 KB

Name:  DSCN5266.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  269.9 KB

Name:  DSCN5269.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  284.0 KB

Name:  DSCN5270.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  249.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More pages incoming.

Name:  DSCN5271.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  277.4 KB

Name:  DSCN5272.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  297.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5273.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  284.4 KB

Name:  DSCN5274.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  288.6 KB

Name:  DSCN5275.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  247.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've just gone through the majority of your SB - You started drawing fairly recently in a [real] sketchbook, after presumably doing mostly digital. I think you mentioned a while back that you had been exclusively doing digital. Your digital improved over time, but then you seemed to somehow lose a lot of that ability when you went to traditional. Perhaps your frame of mind was stuck in the past with the last time you did traditional? But your traditional drawings are gradually improving as well now. I'm impressed with the fact that you have stuck with art for years and years, it is hard for many to stick to such things. Good luck to you.

What type of character design for concept art would you want to do? Not as in 'Games', but more specific.

Last edited by Batzarro; July 18th, 2013 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! So yeah, a few comments. There's this reoccurring saying I hear a lot since I've recently started getting serious about art, and it's "work smarter, not harder". Your output is great, the effort is there. However, I think you could afford to work less on quantity and more on quality. Life drawing is really important, but will only take you so far if you don't understand what's underneath the skin. Instead of drawing what you see, try gaining a scientific understanding of human anatomy, most importantly proportions and ratios. I think you'll see a lot of improvement then.

Sketchbook of Grind and/or Hustle
    Critiques and comments are very welcomed.

{G$}

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ - Batzarro - Thank you for looking at my sketchbook and my progress . It's great to know people also look at the older pages so they can see how I evolved. The first drawings however from the first page aren't even the first I meddled with. Those drawings are like after 2 years maybe after I started drawing in its entirety. Because I started drawing 6 years ago. The kind of Concept Art I want to work with is a bit flexible. I want to be a freelancer but also have the skills to work in the industry of gaming/movies. I'm just refining my skills towards Character Drawing , Environment Drawing and maybe other stuff. You might say , "but wouldn't it be better to just concentrate on one" .

I agree , but I'd rather be flexible and know lots of stuff , because I love drawing lots of things. I just don't wanna restriction what my skills can do or will do. Knowing as much as possible will make me a better artist altogether and that's the goal right ?

@ Gutsworth - Yes , people have told me this and I wholeheartedly agree. Doing quality rather than quantity has showed more when doing finished digital paintings as well as traditional ones. But a certain dynamism comes about when just making some fast studies as everyone's brain processes things differently. I fore one part , had a pretty bad photographic memory overall , but it has improved a lot over the course of these 2 months.

I can remember things more accurately and details just seem to come more natural to me then they would originally. And life drawing WILL take you far. That's where you learn your knowledge, from real life stuff. I agree that preliminary studies and researching the underlying aspects will build upon it , but life drawing does more than doing from photos , or from any other source.

And basically, you learn proportion from studying real life people. You'll see that people don't just only fit in one category of head-ratios. Some people fit in 6 heads,other in 6.5 and others 7 and there are even some (which is rare) that go beyond. Like Loomis's ideal height , some of those head ratios are existent somewhere.

Life is as distinct and it can be , and beautiful.

More pages incoming.

Name:  DSCN5277.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  176.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5276.JPG
Size:  258.4 KB

Name:  DSCN5280.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  201.2 KB

Name:  DSCN5282.JPG
Size:  178.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5284.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  197.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you still don`t know the difference between doodling and practicing/studying! your still concentrating on quantity - your sb looks like you are just drawing for the sake of drawing! come on, do some posemaniacs. loomis bridgeman (and all the other usuall suspects) studies.
    greetings
    klaus

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I apologize for the distorted pictures, as I said , when I made pics of the sketchbooks I used one of my friend's cameras. As I don't have a camera of my own or my printer only allows things to scan when its full with ink ( yeah , Canon printers will do that to you ) and It's pretty dumb. Also proportions will get better with pages so I know where I'm weak. I'll be sure to take everyone's points and include Bridgman , Vilppu , Loomis in my studies and also other things to keep stuff interesting and fresh.

@ Klaustrophil - I did some posemaniacs and some Loomis exercises in the second sketchbook. I haven't finished posting the 1st one. You have to understand that I'm getting back into traditional. I'd rather have fun , and people don't seem to understand that art is having fun ( and since I'm not having a deadline to force me ) and you evolve when you're having fun. I did studies and etc. , and I'm getting into watercolor and oils soon , doing still life and self portraits, because I want to keep some variety in my sketchbook. ( Oh and btw if you don't consider drawing people from LIFE as studies, then you're doing something wrong mate ).

I am not doing drawing for the sake of doing drawings. Why do you say that? It's because I show lots of work? And the improvement will show over the pages. Improvement doesn't show in just one sketchbook. This is a 120 page sketchbook , not a 1000-page one. You'll notice improvement soon. I just hate it when people nag about stuff they don't notice.

80% of my 1st Sketchbook , the one i posted these days is consisted from people drawn from life , me going to the park outdoors mostly everyday, drawing people. You either must be blind or just wanna take cheap shots at me. I've progressed more than I could do with Loomis and Bridgman drawings btw . Even Loomis and Bridgman and Vilppu recommend doing life drawing. If you don't draw from life then how are you going to learn how it functions. Either give me a good critique , because most of what you said sounds unnecessary and drone-ish.

I will post more quality work soon , and concentrate more on tehcnical studies as well as life drawing , to keep it more varied. You're right in some aspects but others are just plain said to be said with.
    P.S : I saw a glimpse of maybe some life drawings on your sketchbook , maybe on the first pages and etc. You should do more of that. Technical studies won't help much at all if you don't draw actual people outdoors. Take my word for it. Do more of that and you'll notice a huge leap in your work after 1-2 months of life drawing.

Name:  DSCN5287.JPG
Views: 284
Size:  212.4 KB

Name:  DSCN5289.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  211.6 KB

Name:  DSCN5291.JPG
Views: 286
Size:  195.8 KB

Name:  DSCN5293.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  184.0 KB

Name:  DSCN5295.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  201.8 KB

Last edited by Rostas; July 19th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,476 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I WILL become PRO in a year ( Or die trying )
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophil View Post
    I think you still don`t know the difference between doodling and practicing/studying! your still concentrating on quantity - your sb looks like you are just drawing for the sake of drawing! come on, do some posemaniacs. loomis bridgeman (and all the other usuall suspects) studies.
    greetings
    klaus
    Hmm. I agree. Quality over quantity. If you want to get better you need new knowledge.

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    End of the 1st Sketchbook - 120 pages - Month of May 2013

Recapping with what I learnt from the 1st one : - The body's proportions vary from person to person. From what Loomis said in his book , there are average , ideal and heroic proportion rates that define the art world and some other ones that aren't used that much. The proportions of the human being vary from 6 to 9 heads respectively , 9 being a very rare type found in our species, like very tall and unnatural heights. From what I studied in these 120 pages of my 1st Outdoors Life Drawing Sketchbook , the first of many to come , is that 7 to 7.5 seems a fair average , although I'd go as wide as to say 6.5 to 7.5 .

- Learnt a lot about mass and form and how the human body bends , along with the clothes on him. I used to be really bad at clothes but I got the hang of some of the physics of how cloth interacts while on objects. I also understood spatial localisation of objects in perspective and how without perspective and using a very ingrained knowledge of it , you cannot form a cohesive and believable human being. Everyhing is affected by perspective and I will have to fortify this aspect even more in the further sketchbooks and drawings.

- Most artists may not perceive this , but when you go outdoors to draw people , you eventually meet with some and have interactions with people. You're interacting as an artist with the environment , and emotionally as well. Staying at home , at the confort of your computer or your 4 walls won't bring you the closeness and that really natural feeling of drawing outdoors.

I remember this one time , i was walking home , and this image struck image of a man staying kneeled while the light shone through a spiky fence while he was mixing some rice beans in a bowl. He wa so concentrated on the rice beans , while the light shone on his head , and it looked magical. I thought to myself - " Wow , this is what most artists felt back in the days when they saw something really good to draw " .

It was an image I wished I could do and I still have that image with me . I wish to recreate that thing I saw that day , because it struck me as something really natural , with the expression of the old man , seemingly mixing that rice , unaware of this attentive traveler . The lighting was perfect ,the pose was great, the expression had a mysterious yet welcome feel to it. It just looked great overall. And it's not like I haven't seen lots of things while I was walking, just that this had struck me more than the usual because it looked like a real life Painting. I'm hoping I will be able to pull that image from my head soon and paint it / draw it and give it justice , but with time and work .

- I'm falling in love more and more with art and it's different mediums. I bought some oils to try , waterolor wax pencils , inks and various other things. I want to try them all ,but with patience and understanding. I wasn't so eager to try different mediums in the past. That about me has changed.

- I will focus more centrically on quality over time , as gestures and croquis are what the bread and butter of life drawing are. Most of what I've drawn in the upcoming sketchbook are life drawings and I will follow up with more variety , as in technical drawings , studies from Vilppu , Bridgman , Loomis and others. But more or less, just doing what I love to draw and that is pretty much anything or more of everything each day.

Also here is some Mirror's Edge fanart I worked because I was hyped for the new game. Hope you like. Wasn't particularly happy with the first version so I worked two.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting and offering your insight , and the journey continues

, Andrei .

Name:  DSCN5297.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  259.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5298.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  241.0 KB

Name:  Sketch 16-02.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  235.4 KB

Name:  Sketch 30 copy.jpg
Views: 240