Cintiq 12WX

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cintiq 12WX

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cintiq 12WX

I am thinkin about getting one of those Cintiq 12WX, I haven't heard anything about it and do most of the people use them for digital painting? Is it too small to use I am using a 12" by 9" Wacom tablet right now. And I can only afford the smaller Cintiq atm...

Any inputs are welcomed.....

Thank you!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Some really recent topics about the cintiq in the lounge. As you are new I will point you into the right direction.

here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you are going from a Wacom 12" to a Cintiq 12WX, you're heading for a big deception. I am still using my 9" Intuos after having bought the 12WX. In all honesty, I think it wasn't worth it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JonZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am a proud owner of a 12" cintiq. There are in my point of view tjust 2 enoying things that the cintiq has. 1) cables cables cables. 2) no precision on the edges.

But when its on, i realy love it. Its handy to keep a normal tablet arround so u can grab your tablet quick when u need to draw something.

i used a A5 intuos3 and the cintiq 12" is almost the same size.

If u have any questions..hit me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I own a 21 UX, but I tried a 12 WX before purchasing this one. My opinion was similar to those I've heard from other people. For the price, it's just not worth it because the screen is so small. You're better off saving for the larger versions. They do have a lot of cables and aren't very portable, but I never thought of buying it for portability.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mock View Post
    I own a 21 UX, but I tried a 12 WX before purchasing this one. My opinion was similar to those I've heard from other people. For the price, it's just not worth it because the screen is so small. You're better off saving for the larger versions. They do have a lot of cables and aren't very portable, but I never thought of buying it for portability.
    True, but 900+ euro / dollar, is not 2500 euro/dollar for a 21"

And the 21" is not realy handy for transport. And the weight of the 21" is not the same as the 12" ofcourse.

i love my cintiq and the 12" is okey.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i am actaully thinking about getting the 21UX now after reading all the poses...so the 21UX is well worth it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's very much down to personal preference, and how big you like to draw. Some people draw small, I'm one of them, and I've never felt constrained by the size of the 12WX - and in fact I wouldn't want a 21UX on my desk because it's just too big.

If you you draw big, and judging by the size of Wacom tablet you have you probably do, then a 21UX is probably a necessity. How big do you draw on paper?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its depends on what Im doing, but most of the time i draw on notebook sized paper just because its easier to carry to meetings and stuff...but I do draw on larger paper if I need to...and I tend to detail everything and I don't want to zoom in like all the time....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It not for you for precisely these reasons. Forget the portability of that thing. You will need to carry and plug 3-4 cords every times you move. If you have greater attention for details and don't want to zoom, 12WX is NOT for you, even if you try to not zoom you will find that the cursor sensitivity is too high and shake too much. Heck, the colors on that thing are also broken, lots of values don't show on the screen, even if you try to calibrate you will only worsen the quality of it.

Do yourself a favor and save 1000$ or invest on a tabletPC if the portability is all of your concern.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JonZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh you got me wrong, I don't plan on moving it all the time, i have my own office in my house and i plan on setting it up there and thats it, and i wasn't planning on getting the 12 anymore..I am getting the 21UX.....I have heard awesome thing about it and I think it will fit my need .... but thanks...I am sure its not for everyone and I hope I would enjoy it when I got it!!

Im just wondering.....what do you use? the 21 UX?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I use (or used) the 12wx. Maybe you'll be fine with the 21WX, but I heard they have the same color issues, or maybe it only for the non widescreen version.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cintiq 12wx's are amazing, i own one, it's a little bit of a pain matching resolution betwene monitors, but it can be done. unfortunatly. i have just scratched my cintiq badly on the center of the screen, i am very upset..hopefully i can get a refund, i have heard they use to be very tight about repairing screens but since its happaned more and more wacom have been repairing them free of charge.

but yeah, be warned, look after it! it will scratch. try and get a screen cover as SOON as you buy it. if u do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is the question I have, so I ordered a protector for the CIntiq 21ux...and I got an e-mail from them asking if I want the protector to be cover the outside displaying area as well..does anyone have the measurement for the outside area as well so the dude can cut it for me b4 he sent it over?

Thanks and This is for the 21ux not the 12 wx....

THANKS!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have you considered just being happy with an Intuos 3? Looking away from your hand, at the screen shouldn't be too hard to adapt to. I don't do digital, and when I use an Intuos 3, the pen itself and the sheer mechanical nature of a tablet is what I have to get used to, not so much having to look away from my hand. To be honest, it felt more wierd drawing on a 21" Cintiq than using an Intuos 3.

Should you do more blind contours, or am I just confuzzled?

Last edited by Max Challie; March 3rd, 2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: added stuff, edited stuff. Sometimes I spellcheck. Somtiems

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.