Gentlemen Vote Here on Ladies' TD Art...

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Gentlemen, vote for one only...

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • alesoun

0 0%
  • Black Spot

5 4.07%
  • chaosrocks

0 0%
  • Clochette

36 29.27%
  • dierat

0 0%
  • Edriss

0 0%
  • hp

9 7.32%
  • Iolarnula

0 0%
  • kelly x

1 0.81%
  • Marria

0 0%
  • Nightblue

1 0.81%
  • Nike

6 4.88%
  • nonie

53 43.09%
  • PatriciaS

1 0.81%
  • realitychek

0 0%
  • RyerOrdStar

4 3.25%
  • shamandalie

0 0%
  • shannanigan

5 4.07%
  • ShroudStar

0 0%
  • Sorkness

0 0%
  • spaztastic

0 0%
  • Taboo

2 1.63%
  • Tavarilyn

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts

Gentlemen Vote Here on Ladies' TD Art...

Gentlemen ONLY vote in this thread.

We have 23 pieces executed by the Ladies for you to vote on. You're voting for the best solution to the problem "Depict BROTHERHOOD." You get one vote. After these two polls close, the top vote getters will move on to a Free-For-All vote by EVERYONE to determine the overall winner AND which side wins.

NOTE: Alesoun's final piece is lost in the email netherworld, so her last posted version is up and will be replaced in a few days with her final.

Entrants in alphabetical order.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    alesoun...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Black Spot...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    chaosrocks...

Thanks
    Clochette...

Thanks
    dierat...

Thanks
    Edriss...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hp...

Thanks
    Iolarnula...

Thanks
    kelly x...

Thanks
    Marria...

Thanks
    Nightblue...

Thanks
    Nike...

Thanks
    nonie...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    PatriciaS...

Thanks
    realitychek...

Thanks
    RyerOrdStar...

Thanks
    shamandalie...

Thanks
    shannanigan...

Thanks
    ShroudStar...

Thanks
    Sorkness...

Thanks
    spaztastic...

Thanks
    Taboo...

Thanks
    Tavarilyn...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,277 Times in 625 Posts
    ace work ladies.
    a really diverse palette of styles and interpretations on display by our feminine foes.

Last edited by Grief; February 25th, 2009 at 01:01 AM.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grief For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I agree. Many of these entries hit it right on, and allowing for differences in the skills of those involved, all at least came close. A few really stand out to me...

alesoun--nice approach to brotherhood, even though it's a bit soft in a dramatic sense. Could benefit with a bit more variation in color strength and a slight bit of narrowing down (through color and focal softness) to maybe a couple of the figures showing a bit more distress than the others, which would give us a primary focus point. A little more dirt and dishevelment probably wouldn't hurt, either.

Black Spot--you just had to be at a game at least once in your life. This is truly spot-on for brotherhood. Great expressions. Compositionally, the strong color on the center left jacket is a bit strong and maybe should have been either softened or the hair and jackets elsewhere strengthened.

chaosrocks--love the Fauvist/primitive approach and strong color. Very strong composition, and implies a brotherhood unlike the others, a sense of life-long friendship and trust under dangerous circumstances with a lot of nasty situations possible in normal life. I know it's oil, but I'd like to see more refinement in areas of your pieces to bring out more of the detail in faces and ornament to pull the thing together a bit better and make it more obvious to the average person who we're really dealing with here.

Clochette--This got my vote. It couldn't be helped...my favorite approach, humor, colors, slightly surreal approach and lovely simplicity. The oldest form of "Brotherhood" among non-siblings, and the one with the funniest potential implied. This is where idiots come from, and why they survive as long as they do--they protect and support each other. An absolutely beautiful piece, and probably one of the best submitted on either side.

dierat--strong piece. There is definitely a bond being shown here that could be interpreted as Brotherhood. The background leaves me asking questions of why...where...how... I want to know what caused this scene and I'm not getting that information, so it leaves me wondering a bit too much. Nicely done, good color and composition.

Edriss--A nice oblique take on the theme, and it's funny without being obvious. Love it...and the pun. Strong piece--good composition, color, value and figures and expressions. Vert nice.

hp--Beautifully done in every way, definitely conveys the theme, but I'm thinking your composition could be a bit better with a bit of the right canvas cropped off and maybe moving the tree to behind and left of the left-most character. As it stands, it seems to be nearly bisected now, which does hurt a bit. With such a central concentration of detail, we're just starting to lose the involvement of the left figure.

Iolarnula--beautifully done, very professional, nice idea, overall color/composition and "story." Very strong piece, BUT...

I don't get so much a feeling of Brotherhood as i do an alliance for a short-term purpose. I think this is because the piece is almost TOO specific to a particular incident that is yet to happen. The bonding doesn't feel as strong here, but it could develope...

kelly x--an interesting take on the theme. Is it a Brotherhood when some of your compatriots might think they're talking to a banana or they're Batman's little sister? I'll buy it...a bond could develope here, and it would be based on misery loves misery kind of thing, but it would be a Brotherhood. Great figures, comp, color and expressions. Nicely done.

Marria--definitely smack on the theme. You've got everything you need--composition, rationale, emotional cause, expression, and color. Well done. Lovely flow to your art.

Nightblue--Very strong piece, and the subtle clues give it just enough story to work, BUT...

I'm making a connection of FRIEND or SYMPATHY rather than Brotherhood because I have no reason to connect these two guys to each other either before or after this scene. As a piece, it's beautifully done with everything where and as it should be (except with maybe a bit too much canvas to the right), which is great, but it just stops short of the theme to me.

Nike--Strong image, beautifully done, and it does say Brotherhood, but in a limited sense. It's a kind of "We few just here..." rather than "We are forever..." kind of bond. Great piece.

nonie--I had a rough time deciding between you, shannanigan and Clochette, to be honest, but went with what I knew (I was never much of a game player--too old. We were doing cave paintings with no joystick back then). If you three were single and I was rich, taller, handsome and unattached, and a few centuries younger, I'd ask for all your hands in marriage... Love the piece, love the humor, and know just enough about the characters to recognize the Brotherhood you were aiming for (I'm old, not totally stupid...). Great piece and beautifully done.

PatriciaS--Another surprise solution, and i like it. This is definitely a form of the Brotherhood bond. There are few things to quibble over with color saturation, cat anatomy, blending with the background a bit more solidly and such, but overall, a strong piece. Well done.

realitychek--I get the Brotherhood (my brothers and I were blowing things up early on), but I'm being confused by the "story." I'm not sure if the "imagery thoughts" are coming from the mother or the kids, so I'm a bit confused. You also chose a rather difficult format to fit this into, and that may be part of the problem--if it had been more horizontal, you might have prevented the confusion I'm having. Nicely done, though.

RyerOrdStar--Very symbolic/metaphorical interpretation, which I like. Your approach to depicting it in such a symmetrical manner, though, turns it into too much of a graphic and less of a "human" example of the the things that make Brotherhood an emotional bond. I think you "refined" the art a bit too far. Nicely done piece, though...

shamandalie--Nice take on the theme. I can recognize what you were trying to say, but I think your layout is fighting the bond you're trying to build. The reason is that as it stands now, we're not too sure why the three guys are on the hill. They could have just stumbled on the scene. This is caused by the nearly perfect bisect of the canvas right down the middle. It might have been better to have a closer interaction between the "survivors" and the graves to help convey an emotional connection, with maybe even one clap/praying on his knees to reinforce it. Overall, though, nicely done piece.

shannanigan--Beautiful piece. See my comments to Clochette and nonie above. You captured the sense of early Brotherhood nicely, but Clochette won my vote because there was just a touch of idiocy inherent in her viewpoint, and I'm a sucker for idiocy. An absolutely beautiful piece, very professional, great expressions and composition.

ShroudStar--You have the beginning of an exquisite piece here, but it needs a lot of fiddling to get it to final stages. As it stands now, you have two pieces--one on the left and one on the right, and they're not quite one piece yet. We need to turn it into one piece, and still keep the two guys in front together and strong. Possibly, you might try turning the wall to the left into a brick column and moving the entire left image to the centerish position, with the screen and rearmost guy to the left of them and the other staying where he is now.

Overall, you could also benefit with a bit of separation between the foreground and backgrounds color/value-wise. You DID capture a near perfect example of classic Brotherhood bonding, though, even with the little layout problems. Very nicely done.

Sorkness--I love this, but Sorky...I have no idea what's going through your evil little mind. I think I may be missing some reference here that I'm too thick to recognize, but the only Brotherhood I can come up with is "Hi. We're crooked as hell..." Can you help me out here a bit?

spaztastic--You got it, and you got it just a bit differently from everyone else. VERY nicely done. Y'got a little layout/compositional problem with that tire being right where it is and the background could use a bit more trashing up and work, but it came out great. Nice stances and expression, and it doesn't even matter that the one to the right might be a gurl. it still works.

Taboo--Just what I expected from you. It's perfect character and expression-wise, and I'd bite on Brotherhood (especially since both these assholes are aiming at my nuts), BUT--what is it with everybody dividing their images down the middle so perfectly!?! You did it, too. How about a little kid with a Howitzer or something between these two to unify the image/group a bit--there's enough damn room? Otherwise, brilliant piece, great in every way and very professional.

Tavarilyn--Great idea...but it did take me a few seconds to figure out why. You really didn't need color here, but since you mentioned it, you could have used it to separate the sexes a bit more to make the idea more obvious. The disparate guys unified in cool moody tones and the chirpy little sister in girly bright colors. It would have reinforced the unity of the two guys, and made her the oddball out in a more obvious way. Nicely done.

31. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Nonie gets my vote, Clochette a close second. Those 2 really stood out for me.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PieterV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    all yall RRRRRRROOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULDA VOTED FOR EVERYONE IF I COULD

Thanks
    Blog Entries

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Rist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    black spot got my vote,because as much as nonie's makes me smile,and as positively i am surprised by spaztastic and the rest, this one hits the topic right on the head. whatever background you're from,you have this one passion in your life that bonds you forever.
    great show ladies!

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.