Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: al-x vs Joachim

Thanks

al-x vs Joachim

Joachim and I are thinking of a subject at the moment. We will update this thread soon with more info...

The Subject:
    Design the next Big Movie hero

Show the hero in ATLEAST one full color illustration.

Last edited by al-x; January 22nd, 2004 at 05:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I sent this Email to Joachim:

Hey Joachim

I have had some busy days, friday got totally screwed up and todays been busy getting ready for the trip.

So I haven't gotten that much time for ideas:

This is somethings that sprung to my mind though:

1. Underground based people eating civilization or
    2. Settlers of the new world

These aren't that original though, so if you've got something better feel free to suggest that instead.

These would probably need some more guidlines to them though.

Let me hear what you think.

cheers
    -Alex

Thanks
    Sounds like The Time Machine, with the Morlocks.

But, yeah. Decide on the topic fellas!

Thanks
    If I come up with something I will make sure to write it down. But, honestly for me, it's not that important what we draw, everything is ok. SO, I'll think, and when you want to start drawing, if we haven't come up with something new we just pick one of yours...
    I loved the classic game character compo (thunderdome 5 or something), but it would be stupid to do that again. Something up that alley if you got any ideas, that would be fun. If we go for one of yours I agree that we should concrete the idea a bit more (guidelines)

When was the deadline again ? February ? THat's still some time

Thanks
    Deadline's the 10th of febuary. Im kind of excited to get started, but Im in Hong Kong right now and don't have access to computer as often as usual...

Send me an email or write it down here if you get some good idea, really want to get started soon...
    Last edited by al-x; December 17th, 2003 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks
    Ok, I have one suggestion.
    How about the next movie hero. ex.indiana jones, kill bill, etc. Maybe even pick out a director that would direct this movie to make it more concrete, like Coen brothers or whatever ? Could even pick out an actor for the job. Dunno, just an idea.
    Or, if we pick out a story/book that hasn't been filmized and design that character or cover how it will look. Wheel of time for example, hitchhikers guide to galaxy, biggles (that could be cool) or whatever.....

Just want something less sci-fi or standard fantasy. GOt any other ideas, something not cliché I think we could have more fun and challenge.
    Last edited by Joachim; December 19th, 2003 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks
    Love that idea Joachim.
    Let get this going then.

We just have to get some more guidlines though.
    Don't think we should base the character on a book, design it ourselves is better. (sorry if this message is hard to read, the computer Im on doesn't let me use the enter key, will edit it later, IS NOW EDITED!).

Medium: Atleast one full color illustration of the character, then it is up to us how many other studies of the character we want to show (Weapon design and such).

Characterdesign: What personality? Religion?
    We should probably know a bit more about him/her.
    Why not let the conceptart members come up with some ideas for the character.

Tell us what our character should be!
    Last edited by al-x; December 30th, 2003 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks
    Ok, everything is fine by me. Who should you ask, etc...

Thanks
    Back from Hong Kong now...

My internet service at home has gotten fucked up, so Im still without a connection. Will probably fixed after new year.

What is the public opinion here, how do the ca members want the next moviehero to be?

Doesn't anyone have an opinion here?

Thanks
    I want a alcoholic, anti-hero who saddles up against his will to save the world, and never wears the long robe or any clothes of that kind, maybe in a realistic today or SCi/fi-light version of world.
    Just to get everyóne started!
    My work as a tattooer www.gallontattoos.wordpress.com

Thanks
    I agree with you there gallon.
    To be honest I don't know how much more guidelines we need actually, in my opnion. Because it should be a certain freedom, creativity and difference. If we say the topic is "Movie Hero of Tomorrow" that is good enough for me. THen it's just who solves that most creative. If it is with a cape and spandex or a alcoholic, anti-hero who saddles up against his will to save the world, is up to the artist himself. So then the creative way the artist solve this task is as important as the crafting of the actual picture.
    Don't you agree ?

Thanks
    Okay... we'll get started then.

Just thought it would be nicee to see what other people want in an action hero. I know how I would want mine to look, but that doesn't mean that the general opinion thinks the same.

Lets just say we create a hero for the modern world who is a modern person. We shouldn't need more guidlines than that.

No magic, No unrealistic sci-fi. Not to cliche...

Thanks
    it's ok to have more guidelines. I just thought, after looking at other topics for the other thunderdome contests, that it really didn't need that much more guidelines.
    For me I think the "guideline" for our contest is that it should follow fit a movie hero, something that could fit to be "the next big hero" within movies.
    Examples of earlier heroes like this that pops into my mind is "robocop, indiana jones, ripley (alien), inspector gadget, james bond, mad max, etc....for me all these fits the spesification,...so as long as the character is something that involves a human actor/actress the rest is just how creative one can be.
    Is this too vague you think ? I don't mind more specifications, if that is wanted, just thought you wanted to start. For me I wont start until later i january so I got time for changes. Up to you

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.