Thanks

Wasp Lots of questions

How many of you wake up and all you think about is art and producing it, and how many of you don't?
    Do you enjoy all those hours of life drawing? The art history? The theory?

Even if you're tired, do you still have that urge to keep drawing or painting or whatever it is, and actually go do it (not just thinking about it)?

Have you ever taken time away from producing anything for extended periods of time and found that it was what you needed to get back into the swing and mood of things?

What do you believe hard work is and involves?

Is art your answer? Or do you still have unanswered questions?
    Or are you producing art because you have no where else to go, or don't know what else to do?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All these questions on whether art is worthy is giving me an headache.

Thanks
    If you have time to think about all this so much, and analyse the meaning of art, life and the universe, and have your conclusion depend on a vast array of different people, different personalities and different ideas, but one passion...

...then you have time to draw.

*blips out*

Thanks
    Yeah ok, I get the message.
    I just wanted to ask.

Thanks
    My answers:

How many of you wake up and all you think about is art and producing it, and how many of you don't? Sometimes I can't even SLEEP because I'm thinking about art. It can seriously mess up my day.

Do you enjoy all those hours of life drawing? The art history? The theory? Yes. I especially love life drawing as well as the theory. Art history can be really, REALLY boring, but it's neccessary and definately worth learning.

Even if you're tired, do you still have that urge to keep drawing or painting or whatever it is, and actually go do it (not just thinking about it)? YES! And it usually ends up being a waste of time hahaha. If I'm really, really tired, I don't get inspired, and if I am inspired, I can't seem to get it right, because I'm tired xD

Have you ever taken time away from producing anything for extended periods of time and found that it was what you needed to get back into the swing and mood of things? Sometimes yes, but I try not to keep those periods too long. If they are too long, it'll be harder for me to get back into it. I like to just sit down and draw even when I'm uninspired, and it always, ALWAYS ends up with me being heavily inspired and doing loads of drawings.

What do you believe hard work is and involves? Hard work in art? Well, to actually sit down with the anatomy book and studying the anatomy, muscles and bones and drawing all day is hard work. To sketch and sketch until your arm feels like it might fall off is hard work. To end the week on major improvements means that you've done some hard work!

Is art your answer? Or do you still have unanswered questions? Art is my answer.

Or are you producing art because you have no where else to go, or don't know what else to do? I produce art because I know EXACTLY where I want to go =D

Thanks
    I'm neither a pro, or student (at least in the college sense) so...
    How many of you wake up and all you think about is art and producing it, and how many of you don't?
    Depends. It's one of my interests, so when in an artistic phase I often think about it first thing. Likewise, when I'm on a hydrobiology kick, my aquarium is the first thing on my mind. In either case, I accept the fact that I need about an hour to be fully functional.

Do you enjoy all those hours of life drawing? The art history? The theory?
    Not a whole lot of experience with the first two, but theory...to a certain extent? Really, some of the most annoying exercises teach a lot.

Even if you're tired, do you still have that urge to keep drawing or painting or whatever it is, and actually go do it (not just thinking about it)?
    I do, until I realize I'm doing more harm than good, and just go to sleep.

Have you ever taken time away from producing anything for extended periods of time and found that it was what you needed to get back into the swing and mood of things?
    Yes and no. Sometimes after a break I'll be really inspired, and produce something better than I'd expect. Usually it's after the first few sketches/drawings that I start having issues.

What do you believe hard work is and involves?
    Hard work is pushing yourself beyond your imagined boundaries time and again.

Is art your answer? Or do you still have unanswered questions?
    My answer to what? If I knew the answer to everything I'd be spreading that wisdom instead of trying to find answers through art.

Or are you producing art because you have no where else to go, or don't know what else to do?

I create art because I want to, and because self-improvement comes from striving towards the best you can do in every pursuit.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Cella,

Read.
    Art & Fear, thanks.

You'll be making less redundant topics that way.

Thanks
    *yawn*

art and stuff with the painting and economy and feelings and all the everything with politics and not good enough and better than everyone.

yup.

sums up the lounge.
    Representing Ringling College of Art and Design Class 2012

Blog
    (its pretty rad)

Current Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 755 Posts
    I'm curious about these things too as well as where can I get the spiritual e-books?
    Last edited by Farvus; February 25th, 2009 at 04:11 PM.